-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats musicalscientists! What was your interview date?? How many updates had you sent?
I interviewed 8/24 -- the very first date available for the cycle. I was waitlisted on October 17th or 18th. I sent in 3 updates with content referring to a job promotion, updated service and clinical experience (found a GT doc to shadow!), how I can uniquely contribute to the school, and how I fit the profile of a GT student. Somewhat easy for me to elaborate on my reasons for wanting to go to GT because I went to two Jesuit schools. I'm also a nontraditional student, graduating with a Master's in 2013. I was pretty set on GT from the get go 😛
If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you send the last update? I just don't know how to best time mine...I interviewed 8/24 -- the very first date available for the cycle. I was waitlisted on October 17th or 18th. I sent in 3 updates with content referring to a job promotion, updated service and clinical experience (found a GT doc to shadow!), how I can uniquely contribute to the school, and how I fit the profile of a GT student. Somewhat easy for me to elaborate on my reasons for wanting to go to GT because I went to two Jesuit schools. I'm also a nontraditional student, graduating with a Master's in 2013. I was pretty set on GT from the get go 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you send the last update? I just don't know how to best time mine...
You can submit 5 total, so subtract the ones you've submitted from 5, and plan June 15 to be your deadline (assuming the class is usually filled by then). So that gives us 3 months to submit, say, 3 letters. One every month... at least that's what I'm going to do.
You can submit 5 total, so subtract the ones you've submitted from 5, and plan June 15 to be your deadline (assuming the class is usually filled by then). So that gives us 3 months to submit, say, 3 letters. One every month... at least that's what I'm going to do.
While the class will probably be full by June 15th (roughly), the GT waitlist is open for movement until the first day of classes (8/8), just to keep in mind.
If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you send the last update? I just don't know how to best time mine...
I just looked on my secondary, and the updates disappeared for some reason. It could be the browser...
I think I sent my latest one about a month ago. In addition to the Thank You and LOI I sent after immediately being placed on the waitlist in October, I submitted one in early January, another one about four weeks later, and then another one maybe two weeks after that. Spacing was weird, but I had my reasons -- namely, very significant updates.
I also mentioned the fact that there's a Jimmy Johns less than 5 minutes away from campus, which fuels me during my high-paced work day. Stuff's addictive yo. o.o
(jk 😛)
Last edited:
Damn Georgetown and your update emails
Damn Georgetown and your update emails
lol I got it too
Georgetown killed it in the match! Make sure to check out the 2016 residency posting. https://som.georgetown.edu/prospectivestudents/degrees/md/matchplacement
12 Ortho and 31 Anesthesiology?!
12 Ortho and 31 Anesthesiology?!
This looks good, but realize the heading states "2012-2016 matches!"Georgetown killed it in the match! Make sure to check out the 2016 residency posting. https://som.georgetown.edu/prospectivestudents/degrees/md/matchplacement
12 Ortho and 31 Anesthesiology?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I see the breakdown now! Thanks!Yep, that is definitely what the website says- and I did a favor by counting the Ortho and Anesthesiology matches for 2016. My count might be off +/- one, but you are welcome.
I was accepted right before noon today! Received a phone call from Dean Mitchell and received the email a couple hours afterwards!!! I interviewed January 28th. This is hands down my top choice school! Good luck to everyone else!!
Prayer is key---all credit/congrats/appreciation to God to making it possible!!I was accepted right before noon today! Received a phone call from Dean Mitchell and received the email a couple hours afterwards!!! I interviewed January 28th. This is hands down my top choice school! Good luck to everyone else!!
Amen.Prayer is key---all credit/congrats/appreciation to God to making it possible!!
How many updates did you submit? interval between each?Accepted today! Interviewed Jan 4, Waitlisted Feb 22.
Canadian Student
Hey guys.. So I have a question I was hoping someone could help out with. I'm just realizing that you need to complete the GT Financial Aid form along with the FAFSA.. I wasn't even thinking about this since I'm on the WL, but want to cover my bases which means I'm scrambling now to get all materials in to their office by Apr 15. So what happens if you only submit your FAFSA? Are you not eligible for aid?
I did the FASFA already but do waitlisted folks need to do the GT form as well?
I did send in mine just in case I get accepted. It is not that complicated, so why not? 😛
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Pulled this off the FAQs:I did the FASFA already but do waitlisted folks need to do the GT form as well?
"Institutional aid applicants:
• FAFSA must be submitted by March 15th.
• The Georgetown University School of Medicine Application for Financial Aid must be received by April 15th. If you are accepted after the April 15th deadline, you must complete and submit the required documentation within 10 days of your acceptance date."
That being said, I'll probably start getting my documentation put together now. Does anyone know if they need to submit both parents' tax return info if you're a dependent of only 1? (parents are divorced)
Any news this week for anyone? The wait is killing me...
Does anyone have the itinerary for 2nd Look Day?
How much longer do we have to wait......ugghhh...
My guess is nothing is gonna happen until the end of April...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why is that
why is that
Just based on past years thread, but I can be totally wrong
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
according to last years, it seems like people had been getting accepted off the waitlist since March
I called them about a week and a half ago and they said that there has already been a handful of people who got off the waitlist and there is a dynamic move so far.
Well that sucks for us.I called them about a week and a half ago and they said that there has already been a handful of people who got off the waitlist and there is a dynamic move so far.
I don't think that sucks. We now know there's movement and that people are getting in prior to the deadline for holding multiple acceptances. SDN is just a small population of applicants. I'm sure some of us will get the acceptance when the right time comes.Well that sucks for us.
I don't think that sucks. We now know there's movement and that people are getting in prior to the deadline for holding multiple acceptances. SDN is just a small population of applicants. I'm sure some of us will get the acceptance when the right time comes.
Keep my fingers crossed for all of us!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
dat wait dough 

Can't they just start accepting people from the waitlist already?!?!?!?!? such a delay........dat wait dough![]()
I'm sure there will be some movement after financial aid packages go out...Can't they just start accepting people from the waitlist already?!?!?!?!? such a delay........
Anyone know when these packages go out? Also April 30th?I'm sure there will be some movement after financial aid packages go out...
Anyone know when these packages go out? Also April 30th?
Someone on the fb group said they called to ask and they said packages were hopefully coming this week
I sure hope so! I was waiting on financial aid to help decide between two schools and then I found out the other school most likely won't release them until June.:-/ Here's to hoping the Georgetown package helps me decide on its own!Someone on the fb group said they called to ask and they said packages were hopefully coming this week
For those attended second look, what did you think? Anything you liked or disliked? Also did they talk about switching to P/F?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else get that waitlist update email just now?
Yes! and I def. had a mini heart attack when I saw it... 😛Anyone else get that waitlist update email just now?
SAME HERE.Yes! and I def. had a mini heart attack when I saw it... 😛
#tease
For those attended second look, what did you think? Anything you liked or disliked? Also did they talk about switching to P/F?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey, didn't attend second look but talked to a first year there who went to my undergrad and he did some digging and confirmed that they will be switching to P/F next year for the class of 2020. Showed me an email from the Dean confirming that they are planning to switch to P/F and thanking the current students for pushing for it and making it happen.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K