You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Hofstra University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
waitlisted as well. not sure what the movements like here.. anyone?
waitlisted - declining. interviewed in october
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlisted as well. not sure what the movements like here.. anyone?
I get the feeling that it moves a decent amount, considering the types of applicants that they try to attract (ivy league, high mcat, etc.). Most of those people have other options that they might prefer over Hofstra
I get the feeling that it moves a decent amount, considering the types of applicants that they try to attract (ivy league, high mcat, etc.). Most of those people have other options that they might prefer over Hofstra
that makes sense. morsels of hope!
.
Last edited:
Waitlisted and withdrawing. Interviewed mid-december
waitlisted and withdrawing
Rejected today. Interviewed in October.
D
deleted715884
Waitlisted as well. Do people think if we call they would tell us how much the waitlist moved in the past?
Waitlisted on the 4th. :/
withdrawing- hofstra's a great school, but it wasn't the best fit for me and I wouldn't attend over my other acceptances, so it's time to say goodbye. wishing you all lots of luck and I hope you all get into your top choice!
also for those asking about waitlist movement, my friend is an M1 and got off the waitlist. he said there was a lot of movement last year and most of his friends got in off the waitlist.
also for those asking about waitlist movement, my friend is an M1 and got off the waitlist. he said there was a lot of movement last year and most of his friends got in off the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any idea on how quickly the waitlist tends to move based on previous years?
You guys Hofstra got ranked on us news. They also posted their average step scores. And it looks like they've been killing it. Step 1 average: 237, step 2: 247
You guys Hofstra got ranked on us news. They also posted their average step scores. And it looks like they've been killing it. Step 1 average: 237, step 2: 247
Didn't they recruit a very strong first class with scholarships for this reason? Still very impressive
You guys Hofstra got ranked on us news. They also posted their average step scores. And it looks like they've been killing it. Step 1 average: 237, step 2: 247
Wow! Where did they post their scores? (tried some google fu)
Found the scores on usnews. I have a premium membership
Hey guys! I don't know if it's been discussed yet - but does anyone have thoughts on this years match list? (http://medicine.hofstra.edu/images/students/students-match2016.jpg) I'd love to hear what people have to say as I don't really know how to interpret the list (don't know whats a top/mid/low tier residency).
Also, I'd love to hear from any current students about if they felt more students had matched to their top choices (I read someone saying last year that many had not gotten into their top choices and so 2015 match day felt subdued).
Also, I'd love to hear from any current students about if they felt more students had matched to their top choices (I read someone saying last year that many had not gotten into their top choices and so 2015 match day felt subdued).
Any waitlist movement over the past couple of weeks here?
D
deleted715884
Does anyone have the new MSAR and know if Hofstra published its past waitlist movement?
Has anyone got any scholarship or financial aid information or know where to access that information if it is already available?
Has anyone got any scholarship or financial aid information or know where to access that information if it is already available?
They send you an email once its ready. You will be able to access it via your myHofstra page.
They send you an email once its ready. You will be able to access it via your myHofstra page.
Thanks for the response, have you already gotten yours?
Yeah I got mine last Monday.Thanks for the response, have you already gotten yours?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sadly going to have to decline my acceptance here so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone here!
declined my acceptance, best of luck!
Based on last year's thread, looks like there were acceptances on 1 May. Hopefully 2 May will be the same this year!
I also declined my acceptance, hoping one of you get it. All the best!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accepted off the waitlist today! (There's hope after all!)
D
deleted715884
Did the people who got accepted get a phone call or email?
Did the people who got accepted get a phone call or email?
First post, long time lurker. Anyone know how many they took off the waitlist last year, or approximately how many spots they have left to fill?
Accepted from the waitlist today!!
In the portal there's a bunch of information about forms from last year. I'm about to call student affairs today to see if they'll be updating it but I filled out most of the forms and sent them in anyway.After paying the deposit, is there any other forms we need to fill out at the moment? Really don't want to miss something crucial at this point in the process XD....
Withdrew with large scholarship, good luck everyone!
Withdrew today. Got into my top choice with a comparable scholarship. Good luck everyone! Hope the spot goes to someone who would love Hofstra! I loved it but decided on something close to home.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any movement happening here lately?
I'm pre-writing secondaries from Hofstra based on the previous year's secondary prompts:
- If you are currently not a matriculated student, please indicate what you have been doing since the time of graduation until now. (1,500 characters)
- If your undergraduate education was interrupted for any reason, please indicate the reasons, the duration of the interruption, and how you spent your time (1,500 characters)
- Please share anything your application does not include, but that you would like to bring to our attention. For example, is there anything special you would add to our School? (1,500 characters)
I couldn't find anything about this in the old threads, but are any of these optional? Obviously, the first two would be optional if they don't apply to you, but how about the last one? The last one seems to an optional type of questions, judging from the secondaries from other schools. Only the first one applies to me, so I've written that, but I'm not sure if the last question is required or not. Does anyone know?
Hello All,
Can someone send me the prompt for the secondaries from either 2014 or 2015 apps PLEASE!!!
The only essay question on the secondary last year was this one:Hello All,
Can someone send me the prompt for the secondaries from either 2014 or 2015 apps PLEASE!!!
Please use this space to describe any challenge or obstacle you have faced prior to your application to medical school and how you addressed that challenge. (1500 char)
The rest are straightforward yes or no questions (have you ever been convicted of a felony, was your education ever interrupted, are you currently enrolled in school, is one of your parents employed by Hofstra). Then you have to upload a photo of yourself and the fee to submit is $100. Good luck!
The only essay question on the secondary last year was this one:
Please use this space to describe any challenge or obstacle you have faced prior to your application to medical school and how you addressed that challenge. (1500 char)
The rest are straightforward yes or no questions (have you ever been convicted of a felony, was your education ever interrupted, are you currently enrolled in school, is one of your parents employed by Hofstra). Then you have to upload a photo of yourself and the fee to submit is $100. Good luck!
Thank you so much! Ill need all the luck I can get!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K