You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Hofstra University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Will say interview day last week was interesting. First interview was mellow. Second interview was not so mellow. Students seemed nice. Everything was smaller than I expected but extremely nice. Oddly enough lectures are not recorded. And exams are all written no multiple choice. Definitely does not give the vibe that they "teach to the boards." Seems like a slight red flag for me personally.You probably will never see an anatomy lab as nice as theirs. The curriculum seems to be able to produce very personable doctors. Overall good experience.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone describe the best way to get to the school to someone coming from Indiana? Not even sure which airport to fly into, let alone what the best way to get to Hofstra is after that...
Can someone describe the best way to get to the school to someone coming from Indiana? Not even sure which airport to fly into, let alone what the best way to get to Hofstra is after that...
JFK then train to Hempstead. Just take airtran to Jamaica station and catch a train to Hempstead.
JFK then train to Hempstead. Just take airtran to Jamaica station and catch a train to Hempstead.
Ok cool. Thanks, that helps.
Ok cool. Thanks, that helps.
There is also info on the interview tab! They also have a shuttle that will take you back to the train station.
anyone who interviewed mid September hear back yet?
Unfortunately no luck. I think the Facebook group is filling up, so I guess we have either been waitlisted or rejected and will hear back in March at this point. 🙁
I just interviewed here and I loved it. It is my top choice -- based on previous interviews -- and I was just wondering, how long does it take to generally hear back?
I just interviewed here and I loved it. It is my top choice -- based on previous interviews -- and I was just wondering, how long does it take to generally hear back?
based on previous years, you will only hear back if you are accepted. if you are waitlisted or rejected, you won't find out until this one mass notification day in mid-March
Just got an email from Hofstra stating that I'm in an Interview Hold status. I'm not a hundred percent sure what this means. Is it just a normal hold, or does it mean that I'll definitely get an interview date in the near future?
I looked at previous years' Hofstra threads. Success rates for the pre-interview hold is not well-documented in them.
Just got an email from Hofstra stating that I'm in an Interview Hold status. I'm not a hundred percent sure what this means. Is it just a normal hold, or does it mean that I'll definitely get an interview date in the near future?
Me too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted689863
Also got the pre-interview hold. OOS, complete mid Sept
Just got an email from Hofstra stating that I'm in an Interview Hold status. I'm not a hundred percent sure what this means. Is it just a normal hold, or does it mean that I'll definitely get an interview date in the near future?
Same. The email says "What this status entails is that our committee has expressed an interest in extending an interview invitation to you at some point during the interview season." Adcom, thanks for clarifying...without actually clarifying -.-
Just got an email from Hofstra stating that I'm in an Interview Hold status. I'm not a hundred percent sure what this means. Is it just a normal hold, or does it mean that I'll definitely get an interview date in the near future?
Same here, interview hold. IS, completed mid october.
Hey all,
I emailed admissions about the Hold status. From the reply:
"This status means that you are an applicant that we wish to interview, but may or may not be able to invite based on openings that may become available as the season progresses.
We apologize for any ambiguity in this update."
So, if other applicants cancel interviews then you may have a chance. It's essentially an interview waitlist.
I emailed admissions about the Hold status. From the reply:
"This status means that you are an applicant that we wish to interview, but may or may not be able to invite based on openings that may become available as the season progresses.
We apologize for any ambiguity in this update."
So, if other applicants cancel interviews then you may have a chance. It's essentially an interview waitlist.
Seems like a pretty useless status lol.
Anyone from the 9/16 group hear back? 🙁 trying to stay positive
Interviewed 10/12 and still no news. I don't want to lose hope, Hofstra!
Interviewed early September and radio silence here... Not surprising given Hofstra's small class size and my sub-par stats haha
I heard from a friend/current MS1 at Hofstra that a lot of students are waitlisted but there is significant movement in the Spring. Hopefully this still remains true.
May the odds be ever in our favor
I heard from a friend/current MS1 at Hofstra that a lot of students are waitlisted but there is significant movement in the Spring. Hopefully this still remains true.
May the odds be ever in our favor
Unfortunately no luck. I think the Facebook group is filling up, so I guess we have either been waitlisted or rejected and will hear back in March at this point. 🙁
Could you link the facebook group?
For those who have interviewed here, where did you stay the night before?
For those who have interviewed here, where did you stay the night before?
Red Roof Inn in Garden City
I stayed there too. Wasn't bad for one night, but was very bare-bones with a hard bed and the shower hadn't been totally cleaned...Red Roof Inn in Garden City
Accepted! Interviewed 12/11, accepted 12/15. Quickest turnaround I've ever experienced, and I loved the school!
i just withdrew my interview for you guys
ummm can you say future nobel peace prize winner?i just withdrew my interview for you guys
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've tried to search the thread, but can anyone tell me when the interview day begins & ends? Thanks
I've tried to search the thread, but can anyone tell me when the interview day begins & ends? Thanks
It starts at 8AM and ends around 2PM.
Great to see this school taking people off the interview waitlist already! Also exciting to see how quick they respond post-interview!
Hoping to get some love here!
Hoping to get some love here!
Great to see this school taking people off the interview waitlist already! Also exciting to see how quick they respond post-interview!
Hoping to get some love here!
Just so you know, they only respond quickly post interview if you are accepted. If you are waitlisted or rejected you won't hear anything until the end of March
Interviewed early September and radio silence here... Not surprising given Hofstra's small class size and my sub-par stats haha
I heard from a friend/current MS1 at Hofstra that a lot of students are waitlisted but there is significant movement in the Spring. Hopefully this still remains true.
May the odds be ever in our favor
Your avatar is so incredibly cute. 😍
+1Also pulled off the interview waitlist. Good luck everyone!
Same!Also pulled off the interview waitlist. Good luck everyone!
Have an interview here on Thursday. From what I've read, there seems to be a few different interview experiences people have had. Some seem to have had a good cop/bad cop experience, others seem to have been asked a lot of "behavioral" questions, and others seem to say that they had a very relaxed experience. Does this sound about right?
As far as hearing back post-interview, it sounds like you will hear back quick, perhaps within a month or so, if you are accepted, and if not, you will be wait listed or rejected.
Would any of my respected fellow SDNers like to offer any additional advice/information?
As far as hearing back post-interview, it sounds like you will hear back quick, perhaps within a month or so, if you are accepted, and if not, you will be wait listed or rejected.
Would any of my respected fellow SDNers like to offer any additional advice/information?
Hi y'all, I just withdrew my interview offer here for late January. Hope one of you gets it!
Have an interview here on Thursday. From what I've read, there seems to be a few different interview experiences people have had. Some seem to have had a good cop/bad cop experience, others seem to have been asked a lot of "behavioral" questions, and others seem to say that they had a very relaxed experience. Does this sound about right?
As far as hearing back post-interview, it sounds like you will hear back quick, perhaps within a month or so, if you are accepted, and if not, you will be wait listed or rejected.
Would any of my respected fellow SDNers like to offer any additional advice/information?
I had a very relaxed interview experience that felt conversational and not anything like I was being quizzed in any way. There was definitely no "bad cop."
I'm dying every second I don't hear back from them, honestly. After the interview day experience, I want to go to Hofstra so badly!!!
ACCEPTED! I am beyond excited right now and love how ICE and the clinical exposure is core to their curriculum, so this is definitely awesome!
Great luck to everyone!
Great luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED! I am beyond excited right now and love how ICE and the clinical exposure is core to their curriculum, so this is definitely awesome!
Great luck to everyone!
When did you interview? I'm hoping they haven't gotten to my day yet.
When did you interview? I'm hoping they haven't gotten to my day yet.
Also 12/11, so it looks like there's some fellow interviewees here, which is awesome
Congrats! 4 day turnaround, bet you haven't even had time to worry yet 🙂My first acceptance! Just interviewed last week 1/7. LizzyM about 75.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K