Yeah I was really late in the cycle lol. Submitted primary in October and secondaries in November and December. I prob would have had more success, if I had applied earlier.
22, 23 and then a 501
Sci 3.53 and 3.6 overall
I'm non trad and been out for more than three years. In undergrad and post grad I won a lot of prestigious fellowships, scholarships and had a lot of research under my belt. This def. helped with my overall package. I'm very involved in my community and mentoring minority students esp when it comes to medicine. I'm an all around applicant. My only downfall was my MCAT. My stats was high enough to get into medical school, but if I had applied in June/July I prob would have gotten ten interviews instead of seven. If my MCAT was just at least a 503-505 I would have gotten way more than ten interviews. I'm not bragging or boasting but people who know me can attest to my package and I wasn't worried if I was going to get into a medical school.
I've done so many things to list and I had so many experiences to pull from. I think applying late and interviewing late was my downfall because the class was already full at some schools. Eh, I am grateful and blessed that I had more than one option to chose from and I don't have to repeat this process. Unfortunately, there are many amazing applicants who fall under this category . Apply widely and apply with confidence 😉
Edit: I had leadership, international, research, community, and mentoring experiences. I had a lot of hours as well lol