2015-2016 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So it's June first we should hear some news today

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Still waiting. Does Ms. Walk's phone number work for you all? Every time I call her number or Ms. Jones it rings a couple of times then says to wait, then says the extension is not valid and hangs up on me :confused: Has anyone reached her this way in awhile?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Still waiting. Does Ms. Walk's phone number work for you all? Every time I call her number or Ms. Jones it rings a couple of times then says to wait, then says the extension is not valid and hangs up on me :confused: Has anyone reached her this way in awhile?

That happens to me as well. I just take it as no one is in the office right now and to call back later since she has answered the phone before. It is normally in the morning time when I have reached her.

She responds pretty fast via email though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I actually did receive an email from ms walk last week where she was expecting to know more about seat availability on June 15th, but in my ooc email it said they would know more around June 1st. I feel that we may know more then.

I also do believe that she is out of town this week as well. I'm not sure when she returns.

I actually did receive an email from ms walk last week where she was expecting to know more about seat availability on June 15th, but in my ooc email it said they would know more around June 1st. I feel that we may know more then.

I also do believe that she is out of town this week as well. I'm not sure when she returns.

Yeah she is on vacation right now

Borrowed from @doctor247

if you are on the waitlist or have been accepted but know you are attending somewhere else, please please withdraw sooner than later. I called the office today and was told that there are always people that wait til the very last minute to withdraw and even never withdraw at all for which admissions have to remove them which really drags out the process and gives very little time for those who take the spot!

Reactions: 4 users
If anyone hears anything please please post it

We are contacting every student who has multiple acceptance - about five to see if they have made a decision. We may have just a few seats on or around June 15.

psrez.jpg

I feel like this is how I've felt this whole cycle lol

We are contacting every student who has multiple acceptance - about five to see if they have made a decision. We may have just a few seats on or around June 15.
thanks so much for this update! I havent heard anything so reading this is very helpful!

I hope I get one of those seats

You are out of committee.

There has been no movement in the class yet. We are communicating with every student who has been accepted elsewhere or who has not paid a deposit to ensure that they are REALLY coming. We expect the next movement on or about June 15. However, we do not expect to have many slots available.

This is what I got from Ms. Walk earlier today.

Reactions: 1 user
You are out of committee.

There has been no movement in the class yet. We are communicating with every student who has been accepted elsewhere or who has not paid a deposit to ensure that they are REALLY coming. We expect the next movement on or about June 15. However, we do not expect to have many slots available.

This is what I got from Ms. Walk earlier today.

So basically we should make other plans.

no :( why? I have family there though

It's easier when you are in the dmv to go inquire about your admission status on a daily basis. A lot of people got in like this... I did ask you that question once as well.

It's easier when you are in the dmv to go inquire about your admission status on a daily basis. A lot of people got in like this... I did ask you that question once as well.

when I went to the open house, they were against that. they said not to do that and it impacts negatively and they told me to stop listening to other people doing that.

if I have to take a train to the DMV area daily to find out my admission status, I will. But I also do not want to annoy the admissions staff either.

if I have to take a train to the DMV area daily to find out my admission status, I will. But I also do not want to annoy the admissions staff either.

You're talking about a life changing opportunity ! Annoy them as much as you want !!! I'm going back home for summer this saturday o/w I would have invited you to stay here a little bit til you get tour acceptance cuz I can tell you really want it.

I concur with the above statement. Annoy and be a nuiscence to them. This is our future on the lines!! Hell I would be camping out in front of the med school of I had the opportunity to. All I can do is harass them with emails and phone calls.

There is true HOPE. I received my full acceptance today
Congratulations!!! :) That's awesome! Did you receive an email or postal mail, or did they call you to let you know? Also, when did you interview and when did you receive your OOC email? (Had you been emailing and calling them to let them know you're still interested?) So many questions, sorry lol. Congrats again tho!! :D

This is slightly off topic, but I have a question about starting my application process. I do not see the application information listed on the site (possibly overlooked). To begin the process should I email someone at the school? If so, who would you recommend?

This is slightly off topic, but I have a question about starting my application process. I do not see the application information listed on the site (possibly overlooked). To begin the process should I email someone at the school? If so, who would you recommend?
Application starts with AMCAS. Once you've completed that you will receive secondaries from schools you selected through AMCAS, and more individualized instructions will be given for each school. Howard website includes information about the number and quality of references required and may include information about successful applicants from previous years.

Woow so rushed about this whole thing

Congratulations!!! :) That's awesome! Did you receive an email or postal mail, or did they call you to let you know? Also, when did you interview and when did you receive your OOC email? (Had you been emailing and calling them to let them know you're still interested?) So many questions, sorry lol. Congrats again tho!! :D
I received my acceptance via email. I interviewed 3/22 and received my OOC May 6. Since I live in Texas I pestered ms walk and ms jones with a weekly email and phone call.

I received my acceptance via email. I interviewed 3/22 and received my OOC May 6. Since I live in Texas I pestered ms walk and ms jones with a weekly email and phone call.
did they ever respond to your emails? I called this week and finally got through and they basically just said I have to wait. I don't know what more to do.