2015-2016 New York University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did everyone receive this email yesterday from financial aid?

"We are reaching out to inform you that your financial aid packages will be available very soon. Those of you who completed both the Need Access and FAFSA forms will hear from us regarding scholarships, loans, and any other aid you are eligible to receive. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us via email or phone. Have a great day!!"
 
Did everyone receive this email yesterday from financial aid?

"We are reaching out to inform you that your financial aid packages will be available very soon. Those of you who completed both the Need Access and FAFSA forms will hear from us regarding scholarships, loans, and any other aid you are eligible to receive. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us via email or phone. Have a great day!!"
Yup! If it's anything like the way they communicated with us (like when they tweeted that they were releasing decisions), we'll get our financial aid sometime in June I guess
 
Did everyone receive this email yesterday from financial aid?

"We are reaching out to inform you that your financial aid packages will be available very soon. Those of you who completed both the Need Access and FAFSA forms will hear from us regarding scholarships, loans, and any other aid you are eligible to receive. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us via email or phone. Have a great day!!"

I didn't get this message, so thank you for posting this! They originally said we should receive aid packages by April 1st and I plan to call the office on Monday if I do not receive anything by then.
 
Does anyone have an idea when would NYU be opening its program in CAAPID for 2016-1017 cycle?
 
Waiting for financial aid like...

dolla.gif
 
I'm hoping someone on here has a solution for me! I got an email saying my financial aid info was ready to view in Albert, but I've never received any information or instruction regarding my NetID for the Albert system. Does anyone know how to log on? Thanks in advance!
 
I'm hoping someone on here has a solution for me! I got an email saying my financial aid info was ready to view in Albert, but I've never received any information or instruction regarding my NetID for the Albert system. Does anyone know how to log on? Thanks in advance!

I just called the Fin Aid office. Apparently the Admissions Office has not yet sent out NetID info for any accepted applicant yet. The person at Fin Aid said he was working with Admissions to have the NetID info to us by Monday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called the Fin Aid office. Apparently the Admissions Office has not yet sent out NetID info for any accepted applicant yet. The person at Fin Aid said he was working with Admissions to have the NetID info to us by Monday.

Thanks so much! I figured as much. Oh well...
 
I just called the Fin Aid office. Apparently the Admissions Office has not yet sent out NetID info for any accepted applicant yet. The person at Fin Aid said he was working with Admissions to have the NetID info to us by Monday.

How anticlimactic...
 
I received my NetID, but to activate the account, it's also asking for my NYU University ID. Does anyone know if we received those yet? I've been searching my inbox...
 
Also, for anybody going to second look, I will be getting into New York tomorrow afternoon if anybody would like to meet up tomorrow evening! 🙂
 
just withdrew. was a tough call, especially considering unexpectedly great aid from here. GL to all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
April 30th is the day that people "must" only be holding one acceptance. Thus, the week or two after April 30th will see the vast majority of the waitlist movement.
 
April 30th is the day that people "must" only be holding one acceptance. Thus, the week or two after April 30th will see the vast majority of the waitlist movement.
Technically May 2nd this year because April 30 is a Saturday, but the point is the same.
 
wait this is a recommendation that is not at all enforced?
Not calling myself an AMCAS expert, but I'm fairly certain that all medical schools have to comply completely with the traffic rules (as do all applicants like us). That's part of the agreement that they have with AMCAS.

On a more practical point, I would contact each school that you're on the border about to see if they require a response by 4/30 or by 5/2, but it is supposed to be the latter.
 
Hrm i just find it weird that you have around ~500 people accepted last year and the facebook group this year only has like 200 people in it (including current students)... maybe it's just not being pushed that heavily
 
Hrm i just find it weird that you have around ~500 people accepted last year and the facebook group this year only has like 200 people in it (including current students)... maybe it's just not being pushed that heavily

Could have something to do with them increasing selectivity/lowering class sizes. Also, the better they are perceived (rankings), I'd imagine the less acceptances they have to give out to secure a matriculating class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
None here either.

How does NYU know if you're actually on the waitlist? They never sent out a Waitlist Interest questionnaire or had a button to click on the portal to "accept" the waitlist.
 
Last year on this day (i.e. the day after traffic day) NYU sent out a tweet saying they were sending out more acceptances. So I've been checking Twitter all day.