-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 New York University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard about financial aid?
I haven't heard anything yet! Anxiously waiting because I would really like to attend NYU but money is unfortunately a big factorHas anyone heard about financial aid?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did everyone receive this email yesterday from financial aid?
"We are reaching out to inform you that your financial aid packages will be available very soon. Those of you who completed both the Need Access and FAFSA forms will hear from us regarding scholarships, loans, and any other aid you are eligible to receive. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us via email or phone. Have a great day!!"
"We are reaching out to inform you that your financial aid packages will be available very soon. Those of you who completed both the Need Access and FAFSA forms will hear from us regarding scholarships, loans, and any other aid you are eligible to receive. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us via email or phone. Have a great day!!"
Yup! If it's anything like the way they communicated with us (like when they tweeted that they were releasing decisions), we'll get our financial aid sometime in June I guessDid everyone receive this email yesterday from financial aid?
"We are reaching out to inform you that your financial aid packages will be available very soon. Those of you who completed both the Need Access and FAFSA forms will hear from us regarding scholarships, loans, and any other aid you are eligible to receive. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us via email or phone. Have a great day!!"
Did everyone receive this email yesterday from financial aid?
"We are reaching out to inform you that your financial aid packages will be available very soon. Those of you who completed both the Need Access and FAFSA forms will hear from us regarding scholarships, loans, and any other aid you are eligible to receive. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us via email or phone. Have a great day!!"
I didn't get this message, so thank you for posting this! They originally said we should receive aid packages by April 1st and I plan to call the office on Monday if I do not receive anything by then.
Has anyone heard about fin aid or called the office?
Has anyone heard about fin aid or called the office?
Yeah I called the office. They said that it's taking them longer than expected to process the information but we should get award letters later this week or Monday of next week at the very latest. I didn't ask about merit scholarships though.
Waiting for financial aid like...
Hi, curious where you got this info? thanks!Apparently between 7 and 9 merit scholarships went out Friday/Monday (3/18 and 3/21)
A lady from the financial aid office told me. However, apparently more have since gone out, so that number is no longer correct, and I don't have an updated correct number.Hi, curious where you got this info? thanks!
I'm hoping someone on here has a solution for me! I got an email saying my financial aid info was ready to view in Albert, but I've never received any information or instruction regarding my NetID for the Albert system. Does anyone know how to log on? Thanks in advance!
I'm hoping someone on here has a solution for me! I got an email saying my financial aid info was ready to view in Albert, but I've never received any information or instruction regarding my NetID for the Albert system. Does anyone know how to log on? Thanks in advance!
I just called the Fin Aid office. Apparently the Admissions Office has not yet sent out NetID info for any accepted applicant yet. The person at Fin Aid said he was working with Admissions to have the NetID info to us by Monday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called the Fin Aid office. Apparently the Admissions Office has not yet sent out NetID info for any accepted applicant yet. The person at Fin Aid said he was working with Admissions to have the NetID info to us by Monday.
Thanks so much! I figured as much. Oh well...
I just called the Fin Aid office. Apparently the Admissions Office has not yet sent out NetID info for any accepted applicant yet. The person at Fin Aid said he was working with Admissions to have the NetID info to us by Monday.
How anticlimactic...
I have the same question! Please keep us posted if you figure it out.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Don't know if this was already figured out, but I received my NetID and University ID both in the same email... I got the account set up and was able to view my award in just a few minutes!
Oh my god.
That financial aid though!
NYU Class of 2020!
That financial aid though!
NYU Class of 2020!
That financial aid though!
If you don't mind me asking, are you referring to merit or need-based aid?
If you don't mind me asking, are you referring to merit or need-based aid?
Need-based.
Yes I received a rather generous package as well, very excited for NYU!Need-based.
Also, for anybody going to second look, I will be getting into New York tomorrow afternoon if anybody would like to meet up tomorrow evening! 🙂
How was second look? Were there a lot of attendees?
I would say about 60 people. Not sure what their normal attendance rate is. Overall was pretty good, got a good sense of the school, met a ton of students, and explored NYC a little.How was second look? Were there a lot of attendees?
I would say about 60 people. Not sure what their normal attendance rate is. Overall was pretty good, got a good sense of the school, met a ton of students, and explored NYC a little.
Thanks! Anything that really stood out?
Thanks! Anything that really stood out?
Probably depends heavily on who you ask and what they were looking for... PM me if you have specific questions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Technically May 2nd this year because April 30 is a Saturday, but the point is the same.April 30th is the day that people "must" only be holding one acceptance. Thus, the week or two after April 30th will see the vast majority of the waitlist movement.
I thought it was May 15th? Where is this information?Technically May 2nd this year because April 30 is a Saturday, but the point is the same.
AAMC traffic rules: https://students-residents.aamc.org...lication-and-acceptance-protocols-applicants/I thought it was May 15th? Where is this information?
Note the bottom footnote: *If any date falls on a weekend/holiday the recommendation(s) will apply to the following business day.
wait this is a recommendation that is not at all enforced?
Not calling myself an AMCAS expert, but I'm fairly certain that all medical schools have to comply completely with the traffic rules (as do all applicants like us). That's part of the agreement that they have with AMCAS.wait this is a recommendation that is not at all enforced?
On a more practical point, I would contact each school that you're on the border about to see if they require a response by 4/30 or by 5/2, but it is supposed to be the latter.
Does MSAR give any stats on how many people on the wait list/ how many people get off of it?
NopeDoes MSAR give any stats on how many people on the wait list/ how many people get off of it?
Yup that's all they give you. But you can infer a rough waitlist acceptance count if you find total acceptances vs matriculation numbers. You assume a lot, but it's better than nothing. I thought I remembered seeing a total acceptance number for NYU, but I can't find it now.
Hrm i just find it weird that you have around ~500 people accepted last year and the facebook group this year only has like 200 people in it (including current students)... maybe it's just not being pushed that heavily
Hrm i just find it weird that you have around ~500 people accepted last year and the facebook group this year only has like 200 people in it (including current students)... maybe it's just not being pushed that heavily
Could have something to do with them increasing selectivity/lowering class sizes. Also, the better they are perceived (rankings), I'd imagine the less acceptances they have to give out to secure a matriculating class.
Hopefully something happens this week. Do we know how much they're planning on lowering class sizes? I know it was 132 last year..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not yet 🙁
None here either.
How does NYU know if you're actually on the waitlist? They never sent out a Waitlist Interest questionnaire or had a button to click on the portal to "accept" the waitlist.
How does NYU know if you're actually on the waitlist? They never sent out a Waitlist Interest questionnaire or had a button to click on the portal to "accept" the waitlist.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K