2015-2016 Tufts University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As always, thank you for your helpful posts Cyril! It sounds like a great program, but I do worry about the intensity since most of the advice on SDN is to do anything other than academic before med school starts. I'll also be working through June, so I wouldn't have as much of a breather as I was originally hoping for. C'est la vie; life is what happens while making other plans!
No problem. I'm technically on payroll with my current job until August so giving up a month of $$ is hard to do. But at the same time, as a reapplicant, the last time I was really in "school mode" was sitting for the MCAT in summer '14. It might be nice to have the refresher just to get some momentum going.

Regardless, I'm moving May 1. So you or @piii or anyone else in Boston this summer, it'd be nice to meet some future classmates.
 
Does anyone have information on the prematriculation summer program that Tufts is offering? I didn't find much online.

Got an email yesterday saying:

We would like to remind you of the Prematriculation Summer Program (PSP), a program designed to help with the transition to TUSM for students who wish to take advantage of this resource. We are accepting members of the entering class to PSP.

As you may recall, the PSP is designed to facilitate your transition to medical school by providing you with an overview of the first year curriculum. The four-week program, which starts on July 5, 2016, includes, dormitory residence, an introduction to first semester courses as well as an opportunity to participate in weekly clinical experiences in our student-run clinic, Sharewood Clinic. The program offers an excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with coursework at the medical school, meet members of the Tufts Medical community (including students, faculty and staff) and get an early start on learning your way around the city of Boston.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an email yesterday saying:

We would like to remind you of the Prematriculation Summer Program (PSP), a program designed to help with the transition to TUSM for students who wish to take advantage of this resource. We are accepting members of the entering class to PSP.

As you may recall, the PSP is designed to facilitate your transition to medical school by providing you with an overview of the first year curriculum. The four-week program, which starts on July 5, 2016, includes, dormitory residence, an introduction to first semester courses as well as an opportunity to participate in weekly clinical experiences in our student-run clinic, Sharewood Clinic. The program offers an excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with coursework at the medical school, meet members of the Tufts Medical community (including students, faculty and staff) and get an early start on learning your way around the city of Boston.

Thanks for posting that, UCGal2016. I should have been more clear, as that was the email that prompted my follow up question.

In any case, I'm hoping to be in Boston by early July but may even come visit to get housing solidified before that.
 
Any CA people get their FinAid yet?
I received mine last week, on Thursday, and the estimated cost of attendance is quite high. We have two weeks to sign and return (accept/refuse) the loan package that we were sent, I believe. I'm going to call the Fin Aid office to see if the amounts are variable (i.e. convert the GradPLUS loan amount to Unsubsidized for the first year since there's a lower interest rate) and if there's any other important information that I need to know. Have you still not received yours?
 
I received mine last week, on Thursday, and the estimated cost of attendance is quite high. We have two weeks to sign and return (accept/refuse) the loan package that we were sent, I believe. I'm going to call the Fin Aid office to see if the amounts are variable (i.e. convert the GradPLUS loan amount to Unsubsidized for the first year since there's a lower interest rate) and if there's any other important information that I need to know. Have you still not received yours?
Nope.

Just called and they told me it hasn't even been sent out yet.
 
Still waiting on my financial aid award in the mail. Is it in a clearly marked large tufts envelope or is it possible my parents tossed it ?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Big brown envelope clearly embroiled with the tufts logo. Could it be due to the time you completed the application? Or might it be due to the sheer volume of the class?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Big brown envelope clearly embroiled with the tufts logo. Could it be due to the time you completed the application? Or might it be due to the sheer volume of the class?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Okay thanks ! I called and they said it's been sent which is why I was worried, hopefully it'll show up in the next couple of days !


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew from my spot here today to go somewhere closer to home. Best of luck to everyone still playing the waiting game!
 
Waitlisted as well, and staying on.

Good luck to everyone! Especially those withdrawing and going to other schools!
 
I am selling an entire apartment's worth of furniture for $1000. Everything is in almost new/clean condition. Near BUMC. PM for details
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I unfortunately have to withdraw my acceptance from Tufts (due to waitlist movement). How do I go about formally doing this? Can I do it online or do I need to email/call?

Want to free up my spot for someone!
 
Hey all, I've been waitlisted since late May... any word on movement? Seems like a quiet year thus far :/