2015-2016 University of South Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the waitlist letter today. Can't say I'm surprised. Interviewed 3/15. Hope to see some movement after April 30th. Anyone know how many students are put on the waitlist? I thought I heard somewhere that you are either accepted or wait listed post interview. Anyone know if this is true?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Got the waitlist letter today. Can't say I'm surprised. Interviewed 3/15. Hope to see some movement after April 30th. Anyone know how many students are put on the waitlist? I thought I heard somewhere that you are either accepted or wait listed post interview. Anyone know if this is true?

It seems that this is true. I haven't seen anyone post that they've been rejected after an interview. Unfortunately, MSAR does not say the number of applicants put on the wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
They don't give out that many interviews to begin with, they screen heavily beforehand so it seems like if you got an interview they could actually see you in their school. I'm just sad that it looks like they waitlist everyone past January.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is one of the main forms I'm referring to:http://www.usf.edu/student-affairs/student-health-services/immunizations/immuncompliance.aspx. There is another one, but I don't know where to find that yet. I might call them tomorrow to see because I also have questions about financial aid.
Hi, just wondering, were you able to find the other forms? I emailed Kathy Perry and she said I also need a communicable disease form in addition to vaccine records but I don't know where to find the updated version of that form (the one on the website was for 2015)
Thanks

Hi, just wondering, were you able to find the other forms? I emailed Kathy Perry and she said I also need a communicable disease form in addition to vaccine records but I don't know where to find the updated version of that form (the one on the website was for 2015)
Thanks
No, I was never able to find that form. The welcome class letter also mentions we need a physical, and I'm not sure if that has its own form as well. It's very confusing! I called the Admissions Office today to find out but no one answered so I had to leave a message.

No, I was never able to find that form. The welcome class letter also mentions we need a physical, and I'm not sure if that has its own form as well. It's very confusing! I called the Admissions Office today to find out but no one answered so I had to leave a message.
I'm basically just going to hold off on all of this until second look and see if they have any guidance on that stuff. Most of it isn't due anytime soon anyway

They don't give out that many interviews to begin with, they screen heavily beforehand so it seems like if you got an interview they could actually see you in their school. I'm just sad that it looks like they waitlist everyone past January.
I agree. It's a huge bummer. But just gotta hope for the best now!

Rejected not only from MD, but also for the pipeline program in which I was highly encouraged to apply for...This cycle just keeps getting better and better :diebanana::diebanana::diebanana:

Last edited:
Rejected not only from MD, but also for the pipeline program in which I was high encouraged to apply for...This cycle just keeps getting better and better :diebanana::diebanana::diebanana:

This cycle/process is taking years off my life. I know your pain. Stay strong, dogg.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected today, submitted mid July. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

The physical form is on the last page of the communicable disease form. It is the one page that doesn't have a due date of 2015 on it. I am having a doctor appt tomorrow so I think I am going to use that form to save myself another trip to the doctor. :) I won't able to make it to the second look so let me know how it goes :happy:

The physical form is on the last page of the communicable disease form. It is the one page that doesn't have a due date of 2015 on it. I am having a doctor appt tomorrow so I think I am going to use that form to save myself another trip to the doctor. :) I won't able to make it to the second look so let me know how it goes :happy:
I know that now actually because I managed to get in touch with Kathy Perry today and she sent me the form. That's too bad you won't be able to go, it looks like it'll be pretty interesting!

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked my financial aid platform yesterday. I can see a reduction in estimated attendance cost from before even though I can't see the specific awards. When I called they told me financial aid will be "finished" by Friday the 15th.

I checked my financial aid platform yesterday. I can see a reduction in estimated attendance cost from before even though I can't see the specific awards. When I called they told me financial aid will be "finished" by Friday the 15th.
How much is your estimated room and board? I'm guessing they've gotten through the Fall but haven't gotten through Spring yet... Maybe you got a scholarship though!

I just noticed mine changed too. I hope it stays that way.

Last edited:
Also did anyone lose access to their email? I had a health.usf.edu account set up and now Gmail says it doesn't exist?

Also did anyone lose access to their email? I had a health.usf.edu account set up and now Gmail says it doesn't exist?
Every time I click to go to the USF health email server, it takes me to my UMiami email (it's an orange UMiami screen that asks you to put in your canelink id and password). I am waiting on my UMiami post-II response...... but I think there is something up with their server right now. Don't know what it is though

Maybe a gmail issue? Start out in the miami thing and click "add account" ?

Edit: Erm Outlook not Gmail right? same process though

Every time I click to go to the USF health email server, it takes me to my UMiami email (it's an orange UMiami screen that asks you to put in your canelink id and password). I am waiting on my UMiami post-II response...... but I think there is something up with their server right now. Don't know what it is though

Last edited:
Are guys going to wear jeans to Friday of 2nd look? The website says:

All activities are business casual and it is your discretion as to what you feel comfortable wearing. (Comfortable shoes are recommended.)

Which isn't totally clear

Edit: Google image search of USF Second Look shows people in button-downs. Oh, man, I didn't want to dress up

All activities are business casual and it is your discretion as to what you feel comfortable wearing. (Comfortable shoes are recommended.)

Edit: Google image search of USF Second Look shows people in button-downs. Oh, man, I didn't want to dress up
Slacks and button-downs, my friend. Roll up the sleeves if you wanna dress it down.

I'd say probably a polo is good

Sighhhhhh I wanna go here so badly. Only 10 more days till traffic day!

Reactions: 5 users
Sighhhhhh I wanna go here so badly. Only 10 more days till traffic day!
Seriously this was my favorite interview and I love Tampa. I just want some love back! Can it be May 2nd already!!

Reactions: 6 users
Slacks and button-downs, my friend. Roll up the sleeves if you wanna dress it down.
Thanks for the advice, I was just about to ask this. Business casual is such a broad and vague term, but your suggestions seems like a safe bet. I'll go with a long sleeve button down just in case.

Thanks for the advice, I was just about to ask this. Business casual is such a broad and vague term, but your suggestions seems like a safe bet. I'll go with a long sleeve button down just in case.

For future reference in medical school, jeans never qualify as business casual.

Reactions: 2 users
For future reference in medical school, jeans never qualify as business casual.
I was wondering if you knew anything about how much the wait list moves. Do you know many classmates who were accepted from the wait list?

I was wondering if you knew anything about how much the wait list moves. Do you know many classmates who were accepted from the wait list?

I know a couple people that came off the waitlist. I couldn't really give you an exact number. My data is also a couple years old even if I had it (I'm an MS3). I imagine there is also a difference between CORE and SELECT in waitlist movement.

Financial aid information has been updated in OASIS, so you guys should check it out when you get a chance.

Sooooo... to all those who attended, how was second look?!

Sooooo... to all those who attended, how was second look?!
It was really fun and awesome! I can't wait to move to Tampa to start school! I'm honestly more worried now about figuring out my housing situation.

thanks! gonna have to call Fin Aid tomorrow I guess.

lol reading it makes the "Students are encouraged to borrow as little as possible through the UFL and Grad PLUS programs." part on the financial aid webpage smart a little... what other option is there then? Other than direct plus... which is even higher interest.

lol reading it makes the "Students are encouraged to borrow as little as possible through the UFL and Grad PLUS programs." part on the financial aid webpage smart a little... what other option is there then? Other than direct plus... which is even higher interest.
I'm assuming they're referring to scholarships, grants, and family help.

They mean borrow enough money to cover your expenses, but try not to take out more loan money than what you absolutely need, so that you are not paying any more interest than necessary. Just because you are offered a large amount of loan money, it does not mean you should accept it all and then spend all of it.

May 2nd is so close now! Hopefully us waitlisted people will be hearing something next week!

Reactions: 4 users
Also, I wanted to mention that I'm still looking for roommates. I'm trying to get a group together for a 4/4 at 42 North. It's affordable ($535), includes utilities, and is furnished. It has a great location, the only downside in my opinion is the move in date of August 13th. I'm planning on staying at a hotel for the first week because a lot of places around town aren't being flexible with the move in dates. Message me if you're interested!

Is that deadline for hearing back from the waitlist? I thought decision day was April 30? Just curious.
Decision day is April 30th, but it falls on a weekend so the "real" decision day is technically May2nd since that is the next business day. I have no idea if the committee meets May 2nd or not, but that would be great if they did.

Also, I wanted to mention that I'm still looking for roommates. I'm trying to get a group together for a 4/4 at 42 North. It's affordable ($535), includes utilities, and is furnished. It has a great location, the only downside in my opinion is the move in date of August 13th. I'm planning on staying at a hotel for the first week because a lot of places around town aren't being flexible with the move in dates. Message me if you're interested!

Another downside is its location in the heart of undergrad territory. Our schedules do not exactly coincide so they may (read: will) be partying post-exams while you are trying to study. There are issues with increased crime in that area as well due to undergrad presence.