2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any updates? Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They're officially on to the waitlist!

Received my acceptance this afternoon (OOS, priority WL). I have to keep reminding myself to breathe.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god! unbelievable! Congrats. I too am OOS priority...hoping for a call.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received any info about health clearance yet? I can't schedule my euro trip until this is taken care of :(

Has anyone received any info about health clearance yet? I can't schedule my euro trip until this is taken care of :(
Do you mean immunizations and such? If you google cmsru immunizations, you will see a link to the physical and immunization forms. PPD has to be done twice within 2 months prior to starting school. An official email has not been sent yet, however.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mean immunizations and such? If you google cmsru immunizations, you will see a link to the physical and immunization forms. PPD has to be done twice within 2 months prior to starting school. An official email has not been sent yet, however.
Just found the forms. Thanks so much! I guess I can call them and see if they want anything else before July 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm no longer a NJ resident as of 24 hours ago because my parents sold the house... is it still worth applying to Cooper given my strong ties to the state, or should I reconsider?
Yes, it's definitely still worth applying this cycle. You'll still have a higher chance of getting into the school because they prioritize instate applicants. And should you get in you will get the instate tuition which is no joke. So yes, it's worth applying.

They're officially on to the waitlist!

Received my acceptance this afternoon (OOS, priority WL). I have to keep reminding myself to breathe.
Congrats!! Are you planning on attending Cooper?!

No in-state tuition unless you're a resident. And at Cooper you need to have been a resident for a period of time before enrollment as an M1 (a year? 18 months? I can't remember) or you don't get in-state tuition any year.

I was an NJ resident for over 20 years, surely that's still good enough for something?

Nope :/ are u priority or regular? I gave admissions a call and they said that there has been virtually no movement.
im OOS priority...did they say if they are anticipating any soon? :/ seems so different from past few years

im OOS priority...did they say if they are anticipating any soon? :/ seems so different from past few years

They said that it's been am interesting year and they are not able to make predictions at this point.

Hey @sasquatcher I was wondering if you could give us any update about how many people are holding an acceptance or possible chances for us WL-ers!

We thinkin' it's time to throw in the towel on this?

We thinkin' it's time to throw in the towel on this?
It's hard to say. If you're on the regular waitlist, like me, the only time we were ever going to get in was going to be late.

Hey folks - hows everyone hanging? Just tryung to keep this alive!