You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Cooper (Rowan)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone got an II recently/know if interviews are still going out?
I got an II on 2/6 and they were scheduling through the end of March, but only the end of March dates were still available.
clubcracker
Full Member
for the financial aid form did it generate a rowan email for you and auto populate it in the form? It won't let me change the email on the form from the rowan one to my personal email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just noticed that Cooper now takes update letters, even though their website said they didn’t earlier in the cycle. Weird question, but if I have an interview scheduled in March, should I send an update letter before my interview? I have significant updates that I would have sent in December if I had known they accepted updates.
for people who have been waitlisted. What does a priority waitlist email look like compared to the regular waitlist? I'm asking for a friend - thank you!
Where did they announce the open house?Any accepted students know if the open house they announced for March is the second look day? I had 4/22 marked as second look day but is this the replacement or just an extra visit day?
clubcracker
Full Member
got an email on feb 17- open house and tour for accepted students will be on march 25 and 10 amWhere did they announce the open house?
Got an II today! The only available date was 3/24
N=1 but I honestly found cooper to give me the best vibe from interview day. Everyone seemed genuinely happy at CMSRU. Didn't pick up on any blatant red flags hereanyone have any thoughts on NJMS vs Cooper vs RWJMS?
N = 2 I felt the same wayN=1 but I honestly found cooper to give me the best vibe from interview day. Everyone seemed genuinely happy at CMSRU. Didn't pick up on any blatant red flags here
BigPreMedGuy22
Full Member
What is Cooper's interview style?
Hey everyone,
I am a CMSRU graduate class of 2018 and current cardiology fellow at Cooper.
When I first was accepted to CMSRU I bought a house right next to campus and have lived there since. I have additionally rented out the extra bedrooms to medical students and residents.
I am getting older, settling down, and thinking of having kids. It is time to move on from my old place. I am looking to sell my house. Instead of selling to some for-profit company I would love to sell to someone who is starting at CMSRU and looking to stay in the community. I have turned down and continue to turn down many offers to turn the place into apartments.
It is a brick townhouse nestled between the medical school and hospital. Many medical students live in this neighborhood. Literally, can see the medical school building from the upper floors and walk there in <3 minutes.
The house is 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms. Over 2000sq ft. Solid construction. Minimal upkeep. Brand new roof with 10 year warrantee.
This is a great opportunity to buy a house near campus to live in or rent to other students.
The address is 432 chambers ave, Camden, NJ, 08103.
Why spend $50,000+ on rent over the next 4 years when you could get a nice investment.
Asking $200,000.
Attached is a PDF with some pictures but if you respond to my post I am happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Additionally, you can text me if you would like more information.
six zero nine two eight zero one four four one
-Dan
I am a CMSRU graduate class of 2018 and current cardiology fellow at Cooper.
When I first was accepted to CMSRU I bought a house right next to campus and have lived there since. I have additionally rented out the extra bedrooms to medical students and residents.
I am getting older, settling down, and thinking of having kids. It is time to move on from my old place. I am looking to sell my house. Instead of selling to some for-profit company I would love to sell to someone who is starting at CMSRU and looking to stay in the community. I have turned down and continue to turn down many offers to turn the place into apartments.
It is a brick townhouse nestled between the medical school and hospital. Many medical students live in this neighborhood. Literally, can see the medical school building from the upper floors and walk there in <3 minutes.
The house is 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms. Over 2000sq ft. Solid construction. Minimal upkeep. Brand new roof with 10 year warrantee.
This is a great opportunity to buy a house near campus to live in or rent to other students.
The address is 432 chambers ave, Camden, NJ, 08103.
Why spend $50,000+ on rent over the next 4 years when you could get a nice investment.
Asking $200,000.
Attached is a PDF with some pictures but if you respond to my post I am happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Additionally, you can text me if you would like more information.
six zero nine two eight zero one four four one
-Dan
Attachments
Pre-II R, complete since July-ish
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete since July-ish
+1
piglover123
Full Member
showkayaker
Full Member
They have sent me a rejection letter 3 times within the past 2 days
premedmissionxx
New Member
Any waitlist movement yet?
Most likely you'll have to wait at least until mid-April and the May 1st deadline for the waitlists to really kick in.Any waitlist movement yet?
If we didn’t get a call this morning and interviewed last week, does that mean no A? 🙁
BigPreMedGuy22
Full Member
Same, neuroticism is at an all time high rnIf we didn’t get a call this morning and interviewed last week, does that mean no A? 🙁
AveragePremedApplicant
Full Member
Post-II R 🙁 I thought the interview went so well too! Would have hoped for at least a WL but you can't always get what you want I suppose
Are you sure it was an R? I thought everyone who gets an II is either accepted or WL.Post-II R 🙁 I thought the interview went so well too! Would have hoped for at least a WL but you can't always get what you want I suppose
AveragePremedApplicant
Full Member
Yeah. No mention of a WL, and the email said "decided to not offer you an acceptance" as the final blow. From the interview, I didn't think they offered an R but it is what it isAre you sure it was an R? I thought everyone who gets an II is either accepted or WL.
WL email just a bit ago
“Although it would be very helpful to us to know what your plan for medical school is by April 30, we understand it isn't always possible to firmly commit at that time. Whatever you decide by April 30, we do not hold you to your decision before July 1. However, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible once you commit to a particular medical school because we have a substantial waitlist.”does anyone know cooper's CTE deadline?
-Admissions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clubcracker
Full Member
and we just do commit to enroll on the amcas tool or do we have to contact them directly with our decision?
There are lots of opportunities to do research in Cooper. They're on a hiring spree in their neurosurgery, ortho, and OBGYN departments. Not all faculty have large research portfolios but they will be supportive of students who want to do research. Many of my classmates have over 10 pubs/abstracts/posters/etc from ortho, trauma and neurosurgery.
Hi everyone, has anyone heard of waitlist movement recently? I got priority waitlist on 3/30 and havent heard back yet.
They have a priority waitlist? Did it say in your waitlist notification or did you ask to find that out?
jeepers92
New Member
it said in the email “priority waitlist”, have not heard anything since then thoThey have a priority waitlist? Did it say in your waitlist notification or did you ask to find that out?
TheINNKeeper
Full Member
I got off the priority waitlist within a few weeks of being waitlisted. Historically you are in a good spot to get an acceptance, hopefully it is a matter of time which might vary depending on final decisions now that we are reaching the end of the application cycle. Good luck!Hi everyone, has anyone heard of waitlist movement recently? I got priority waitlist on 3/30 and havent heard back yet.
jeepers92
New Member
Congrats!! 👏🏽 and thank you! just gotta keep waiting 🤞🏽I got off the priority waitlist within a few weeks of being waitlisted. Historically you are in a good spot to get an acceptance, hopefully it is a matter of time which might vary depending on final decisions now that we are reaching the end of the application cycle. Good luck!
trying to withdraw my A as well but I can't figure out how - is it on the application portal somewhere?Just withdrew my A. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting 😊!
Best of luck to everyone still in the running 🙂
I think you just shoot them an email, thank you for freeing up a spot!trying to withdraw my A as well but I can't figure out how - is it on the application portal somewhere?
Best of luck to everyone still in the running 🙂
trying to withdraw my A as well but I can't figure out how - is it on the application portal somewhere?
Best of luck to everyone still in the running 🙂
I just sent an email to the admission email address.
Alien Ai
Full Member
Aren't the financial things due in June? Like the budget form and signing of MPNs, applying for Gradplus loansFor accepted students have there been any tasks beyond financial aid stuff?
I was wondering if it’s possible to get paid for research?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedmissionxx
New Member
Any waitlist movement yet?
jeepers92
New Member
I got an A call at 11am today! Off of PWL 🙂Any waitlist movement yet?
premedmissionxx
New Member
I got an A call at 1:30 today!