2022-2023 Cooper (Rowan)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone got an II recently/know if interviews are still going out?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone got an II recently/know if interviews are still going out?

I got an II on 2/6 and they were scheduling through the end of March, but only the end of March dates were still available.

for the financial aid form did it generate a rowan email for you and auto populate it in the form? It won't let me change the email on the form from the rowan one to my personal email

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II at 3:38 today. Complete July 12! Only day available was 03/24.

Reactions: 1 users
I just noticed that Cooper now takes update letters, even though their website said they didn’t earlier in the cycle. Weird question, but if I have an interview scheduled in March, should I send an update letter before my interview? I have significant updates that I would have sent in December if I had known they accepted updates.

for people who have been waitlisted. What does a priority waitlist email look like compared to the regular waitlist? I'm asking for a friend - thank you!

Any accepted students know if the open house they announced for March is the second look day? I had 4/22 marked as second look day but is this the replacement or just an extra visit day?
Where did they announce the open house?

Got an II today! The only available date was 3/24

Reactions: 1 users
anyone have any thoughts on NJMS vs Cooper vs RWJMS?

anyone have any thoughts on NJMS vs Cooper vs RWJMS?
N=1 but I honestly found cooper to give me the best vibe from interview day. Everyone seemed genuinely happy at CMSRU. Didn't pick up on any blatant red flags here

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I am a CMSRU graduate class of 2018 and current cardiology fellow at Cooper.
When I first was accepted to CMSRU I bought a house right next to campus and have lived there since. I have additionally rented out the extra bedrooms to medical students and residents.

I am getting older, settling down, and thinking of having kids. It is time to move on from my old place. I am looking to sell my house. Instead of selling to some for-profit company I would love to sell to someone who is starting at CMSRU and looking to stay in the community. I have turned down and continue to turn down many offers to turn the place into apartments.

It is a brick townhouse nestled between the medical school and hospital. Many medical students live in this neighborhood. Literally, can see the medical school building from the upper floors and walk there in <3 minutes.

The house is 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms. Over 2000sq ft. Solid construction. Minimal upkeep. Brand new roof with 10 year warrantee.

This is a great opportunity to buy a house near campus to live in or rent to other students.

The address is 432 chambers ave, Camden, NJ, 08103.

Why spend $50,000+ on rent over the next 4 years when you could get a nice investment.
Asking $200,000.

Attached is a PDF with some pictures but if you respond to my post I am happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Additionally, you can text me if you would like more information.
six zero nine two eight zero one four four one

-Dan

Attachments

• House for sale cmsru .pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
They have sent me a rejection letter 3 times within the past 2 days

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
If we didn’t get a call this morning and interviewed last week, does that mean no A? :(

• Sad
Post-II R :( I thought the interview went so well too! Would have hoped for at least a WL but you can't always get what you want I suppose

Post-II R :( I thought the interview went so well too! Would have hoped for at least a WL but you can't always get what you want I suppose
Are you sure it was an R? I thought everyone who gets an II is either accepted or WL.

Are you sure it was an R? I thought everyone who gets an II is either accepted or WL.
Yeah. No mention of a WL, and the email said "decided to not offer you an acceptance" as the final blow. From the interview, I didn't think they offered an R but it is what it is

does anyone know cooper's CTE deadline?
“Although it would be very helpful to us to know what your plan for medical school is by April 30, we understand it isn't always possible to firmly commit at that time. Whatever you decide by April 30, we do not hold you to your decision before July 1. However, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible once you commit to a particular medical school because we have a substantial waitlist.”

-Admissions

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
and we just do commit to enroll on the amcas tool or do we have to contact them directly with our decision?

can any current students speak on how the research opportunities are for surgical subspecialties?

There are lots of opportunities to do research in Cooper. They're on a hiring spree in their neurosurgery, ortho, and OBGYN departments. Not all faculty have large research portfolios but they will be supportive of students who want to do research. Many of my classmates have over 10 pubs/abstracts/posters/etc from ortho, trauma and neurosurgery.

Hi everyone, has anyone heard of waitlist movement recently? I got priority waitlist on 3/30 and havent heard back yet.

Hi everyone, has anyone heard of waitlist movement recently? I got priority waitlist on 3/30 and havent heard back yet.

They have a priority waitlist? Did it say in your waitlist notification or did you ask to find that out?

They have a priority waitlist? Did it say in your waitlist notification or did you ask to find that out?
it said in the email “priority waitlist”, have not heard anything since then tho

I got off the priority waitlist within a few weeks of being waitlisted. Historically you are in a good spot to get an acceptance, hopefully it is a matter of time which might vary depending on final decisions now that we are reaching the end of the application cycle. Good luck!

I got off the priority waitlist within a few weeks of being waitlisted. Historically you are in a good spot to get an acceptance, hopefully it is a matter of time which might vary depending on final decisions now that we are reaching the end of the application cycle. Good luck!
Congrats!! 👏🏽 and thank you! just gotta keep waiting 🤞🏽

• Care
Just withdrew my A. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting :giggle:!

For accepted students have there been any tasks beyond financial aid stuff?

Just withdrew my A. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting :giggle:!
trying to withdraw my A as well but I can't figure out how - is it on the application portal somewhere?

Best of luck to everyone still in the running :)

trying to withdraw my A as well but I can't figure out how - is it on the application portal somewhere?

I think you just shoot them an email, thank you for freeing up a spot!

I just sent an email to the admission email address.

For accepted students have there been any tasks beyond financial aid stuff?
Aren't the financial things due in June? Like the budget form and signing of MPNs, applying for Gradplus loans

I was wondering if it’s possible to get paid for research?

Withdrawing my A, love this school and I hope my spot goes to one of you 🤍

Also got an A around 1:30PM off the regular WL!! So excited to be joining this school!