2016-2017 Florida International University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does FIU have any notification that letters have been received and your file is complete?

Sent from my LGMS631 using SDN mobile

Not that I know of. All of the other schools I applied to received it on that day so I assumed FIU received it as well :/ I guess you could always call the admissions office to be sure.
 
Okay so my status still says that my secondary application is completed. However it doesn't mark me as complete or under review…. Is that the same for you guys? Or do I need to call. I submitted my secondary a couple of weeks ago so I thought my status would change by now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just submitted, received an email saying "Thanks for submitting", but my application status still says "Secondary Application Started" and when I click through the secondary, I still have the option to pay again. Is this normal? Should I email them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did your status say "secondary application completed" or did it change before your II?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It has been "preliminary review complete" for quite a while for me. I think i happened to be one of the earliest reviewed candidates.
Wow I have been complete since 6/28 and it has only said "secondary application completed" for me. I have not had any review complete. Weird.
 
Yeah surprised me as well. I think sometimes they do like 80% of the review ahead of time and then work part-time on the weekend to do the finishing touches I guess.

Interesting. In regards to your question about the LORs, I'm pretty sure you have to contact the school and let them know you have a new letter so they can re-download your app from amcas.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
secondary complete july 30 and still on "secondary received". hoping for a change soon as this is one of my top choices
 
my status says that my preliminary review was completed on 8/12. hoping this means an II is soon to come
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad