2016-2017 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected pre II

Members don't see this ad.

Question for current M1 & M2. Are the medical equipment packages worth buying?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

@codigo different people have different opinions about it. Some will say only the stethoscope is needed, some people really like having their own otoscope that isn't connected to the CLC walls.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed 4/14.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Question for current M1 & M2. Are the medical equipment packages worth buying?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Personally, get yourself a nice stethoscope and let that be it. I didn't buy a package and I have gotten by just fine. In fact, I don't know many of my classmates who have actually used the packages they got outside of a stethoscope. They're going to teach you based on the equipment in the room anyways, so my advice is to save your money for something else.

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist? Or rejected from the later interviews (April/March)?

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist? Or rejected from the later interviews (April/March)?
I had an interview on March 3 and thought it went really well. Two weeks later, I was placed on the waitlist and haven't heard a response yet. (Still staying positive and thankful it wasn't a rejection!) Has anyone been accepted/rejected from the waitlist, or does anyone have insight into the waitlist process? Thanks so much!

Rejected post II, interviewed in October

Members don't see this ad :)
Annnndddd Rejected. #hellodarknessmyoldfriend

Good luck to those still awaiting a decision, and congrats to those accepted!!

Annnndddd Rejected. #hellodarknessmyoldfriend

Good luck to those still awaiting a decision, and congrats to those accepted!!

Same with a heavy heart ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Welp, I got rejected this morning as well. RVU it is.

Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist.

Also because I am a little bitter I just want to point out that the big statue in the lobby is Hermes, the messenger god, his staff has two snakes on it. The actual god of medicine is Asclepius who only has one snake on his staff.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone order their white coat, I mean "consultation coat", yet? Wondering what size I should get. I'm about 5'8 and 130lb (female). Any suggestions?

Yeah, I suggest waiting until the college fits you for a white coat at the end of the summer and gives it to you for free. There is no occasion in which you'll wear a white coat before your white coat ceremony in August.

*Edit: based on your signature, I'm going to guess that you posted in the wrong thread.

Yeah, I suggest waiting until the college fits you for a white coat at the end of the summer and gives it to you for free. There is no occasion in which you'll wear a white coat before your white coat ceremony in August.

*Edit: based on your signature, I'm going to guess that you posted in the wrong thread.

Welp, I damn sure did lol. Thanks ;)

Anyone get off the waitlist yet? I thought we were supposed to hear back after 4/30 ...

Has anyone on the waitlist try to call admissions to get more information?
Waitlist folks, found this info provided by FSU that may be a source of comfort/hope: They reported around 50 students are waitlisted each cycle, and they typically accept around 20. If you think about this, only 4% of students applied received an interview, and if we are still on the waitlist, then that's a 40% chance of getting accepted. Trying to stay positive on this beautiful Tuesday!

Waitlist folks, found this info provided by FSU that may be a source of comfort/hope: They reported around 50 students are waitlisted each cycle, and they typically accept around 20. If you think about this, only 4% of students applied received an interview, and if we are still on the waitlist, then that's a 40% chance of getting accepted. Trying to stay positive on this beautiful Tuesday!

where did you find that information? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I only ask because I am a full time teacher currently sitting on the wait list. I know the school starts May 30th and am trying to figure out if I still have any chance of getting in off the wait list or whether to tell my school that I am definitely staying until the end of the year.

where did you find that information? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I only ask because I am a full time teacher currently sitting on the wait list. I know the school starts May 30th and am trying to figure out if I still have any chance of getting in off the wait list or whether to tell my school that I am definitely staying until the end of the year.

I know its on the MSAR (the old edition and the new one) so not sure if that stat is super accurate each year. It was for one year at least. Just depends on what schools people choose.

I know its on the MSAR (the old edition and the new one) so not sure if that stat is super accurate each year. It was for one year at least. Just depends on what schools people choose.

That's where I found the info. :)

I also have to notify my current job employers if I am staying for another year or not ... trying my best to be as patient as possible, but I need to know what my plans are going to be this next year

I also have to notify my current job employers if I am staying for another year or not ... trying my best to be as patient as possible, but I need to know what my plans are going to be this next year

THIS. It seems as if there is a lot of people on this waitlist so disclosing any info about where we are ranked would be an easier transition for planning

Well, whatever happens, we're probably going to find out sometime next week

The bridge program and class are full. The majority of the movement from the waitlist took place about a week ago. So at this point it's only slots that open up from people who give up their seat that would cause movement from the waitlist. The best advice is to plan as though you aren't accepted. Keep your jobs. And if you do get accepted then deal with that accordingly at the time. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Do we need to bring anything (books, materials, etc.) up to school with us or will it mostly be covered and went over in orientation?

Antioxydant it will be covered, don't worry. The orientation is pretty long and covers a lot.