You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Hofstra University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
All aboard the reject train! +1 complete in July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also rejected pre-interview today via email...completed in late september
Rejected. At least I appreciate how they will tell you ahead of time if they don't want you. Meanwhile, all those silent rejections...
B
BadNewsBears2016
+1 on the rejection train. Complete early August.
Despite the rejection news, just happy that I'm finally getting news again (after over a month of silence!)
TRUTH.
It feels like the hypothetical roller coaster has been ascending for eternity.
D
deleted702279
Rejected. Complete mid-August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also rejected. Complete sometime in August (not sure exact date I'm traveling right now).
II!!!
Will never come to me since I just boarded the rejection train. Choo choo!
Will never come to me since I just boarded the rejection train. Choo choo!
Sorry for all those rejected. Did everyone receive the email / portal update around the same time? The first person posted their rejection around 2 pm and since I have been checking my portal incessantly. Since its after 5 pm, I am praying I am in the clear but do not want to jinx myself or get my hopes up!
Sorry for all those rejected. Did everyone receive the email / portal update around the same time? The first person posted their rejection around 2 pm and since I have been checking my portal incessantly. Since its after 5 pm, I am praying I am in the clear but do not want to jinx myself or get my hopes up!
I received my rejection email at 2:38pm today (complete mid-July)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected complete mid July
Rejected without explanation like many others. Best of luck to those still in it! and congrats to all of you who have been accepted thus far
Rejected, Complete July
Interviewed the 20th of october and no news. I'm guessing thats not good.
+1
Fellow October 20th interviewer here. I haven't heard anything either. Hopefully they haven't gotten to us yet.
Rejected yesterday afternoon LM ~71
Interviewed in September and silence. Was my first traditional interview and a bit rocky, but was definitely good practice. Waiting to see what happens in the spring! Congratulations to all who have received acceptances and to those with rejections, keep your head up! The process is far from over and good news is still to come 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! When did you interview btw?? And I think you have to complete your fafsa and their separate application for merit based aid. Heres the link to their website: http://medicine.hofstra.edu/financialaid/financialaid_howtoapply.htmlI feel like this post belongs on a different page..really sorry for all those that were rejected. I did receive my snailmail acceptance today and thought it might have mentioned merit aid. Does anyone know when we might receive that? Thank you.
Thanks so much, I interviewed in September.Congrats!!! When did you interview btw?? And I think you have to complete your fafsa and their separate application for merit based aid. Heres the link to their website: http://medicine.hofstra.edu/financialaid/financialaid_howtoapply.html
Just got an II! Does anyone know the length of the interviews? The email says two one on one faculty interviews so I know that much. And for anyone that has already interviewed, how was the atmosphere and the experience?
My interviews were a little over thirty minutes, pretty conversational. I have to say that Hofstra is a hidden gym type of medical school. It was an amazing experience for me on interview day and getting to learn more about the curriculum. The building is also gorgeous so that's a +
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yay, accepted! Interviewed 10/20!
Good luck to everyone still waiting!! Hang in there!
Congrats! Anyone else receive a decision from interview dates in mid-late October? Silence here, so I'm guessing that's not good news. [emoji53]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! Anyone else receive a decision from interview dates in mid-late October? Silence here, so I'm guessing that's not good news. [emoji53]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Silence as well :/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wondering if I still have a shot here. Complete mid/late July. 

.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the interview I think they mentioned that they don't go chronologically with decisions ... can anyone confirm that?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
For those who interviewed already, did you have two faculty interviews, or one faculty and one MS4? I had an MS4 and I'm not sure if her input will be considered as strongly as my faculty member. Which sucks because I feel more confident about my time with her.
For those who interviewed already, did you have two faculty interviews, or one faculty and one MS4? I had an MS4 and I'm not sure if her input will be considered as strongly as my faculty member. Which sucks because I feel more confident about my time with her.
I had mine with two faculty!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I had mine with two faculty!
Ok then that gives me hope that each interview might bear the same weight.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
