2016-2017 Hofstra University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anyone wanna be brave enough to call Hofstra and ask for an updated timeline of when the first decisions will be going out? Totally not volunteering for the job though hahaha.
 
I have been complete since 9/20 and have not heard from them since. I will be going up to New York next month for another interview, will it be too much to send an ITA email? I just dont want to pay for a trip to New York twice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been complete since 9/20 and have not heard from them since. I will be going up to New York next month for another interview, will it be too much to send an ITA email? I just dont want to pay for a trip to New York twice.
On their complete and under review email it specifically says they aren't receptive to in the area requests. Remember money comes and goes, but your medical education will last a lifetime. Sending taco flavored kisses your way :kiss:
 
On their complete and under review email it specifically says they aren't receptive to in the area requests. Remember money comes and goes, but your medical education will last a lifetime. Sending taco flavored kisses your way :kiss:
OMG I love you and your picture!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted tooo! Interviewed mid-October. Did anyone else think the email was basically worded like a rejection or waitlist?

"I hope that you are well. Thank you for your patience during the admissions process. Attached you will find a letter regarding an update to your status. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me."
 
Accepted tooo! Interviewed mid-October. Did anyone else think the email was basically worded like a rejection or waitlist?

"I hope that you are well. Thank you for your patience during the admissions process. Attached you will find a letter regarding an update to your status. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me."
Yeah, I thought it was a rejection too!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
 
Accepted tooo! Interviewed mid-October. Did anyone else think the email was basically worded like a rejection or waitlist?

"I hope that you are well. Thank you for your patience during the admissions process. Attached you will find a letter regarding an update to your status. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me."

Congrats!!! Which Oct interview date did you attend?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Interviewed early September, radio silence 🙁 Was my first interview and in retrospect my performance on it was awful. Good learning experience at least!
 
ACCEPTED! LizzyM around 75 and interviewed in Early Oct.

Do we have to pay the 100$ Fee now (as in before December 1) even if we are still in the interview process for other schools?
The fee just holds your spot, it doesn't bind you to the school.
 
ACCEPTED! LizzyM around 75 and interviewed in Early Oct.

Do we have to pay the 100$ Fee now (as in before December 1) even if we are still in the interview process for other schools?

Yes but it is refundable if you withdraw before April 30! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I was very lucky to have recently received an II at this great place, but will now be withdrawing and leaving an interview date open (Dec 5) in case anybody needs one in early December. Wishing everyone all the best!
 
Interviewed early September, radio silence 🙁 Was my first interview and in retrospect my performance on it was awful. Good learning experience at least!
Were you there for the 2nd round of interviews? We might have already met, Gurbs. 😀
 
any interview tips on what to expect from interview day? Did anyone stay with a student host or do air bnb? Thanks and good luck to all 🙂
 
Were you there for the 2nd round of interviews? We might have already met, Gurbs. 😀

I was there 9/13, not sure when they started. Were you before that?

Stalked your post history a bit, I don't think we've met on the interview trail unless you know something I don't!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Joining the rejection train. Starting to feel like complete crap. Complete late July.