-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Texas Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congraaaaatttttssssss @thofmann !! 🙂 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just an update.....I called UTHSCSA to see if they were still sending out interview invites. I was told that they will be holding interviews the first week of January and will be sending out emails about two weeks beforehand.
Has anyone heard from UTSW? Their notification time is coming up soon, I think.
Last edited:
Congrats!!! I got the email yesterday too! After interview day it's definitely one of my top choices now.Got accepted to Angelo State today! It's tied for my top choice with TWU.
I received an acceptance from ASU as well!! Im SO excited!!!
Congratssssss @Hopefulham and @ejdaniel2017 !!
Thank you and congrats with all your success during this whole process!!Congratssssss @Hopefulham and @ejdaniel2017 !!
I was also rejected, hoping for the best for everyone else!
@Mayadison so sorry y'all! I haven't gotten any emails yet so maybe that means I've still got a shot?I was also rejected, hoping for the best for everyone else!
Did either of you notice updates to your Self Service accounts on the Texas State self service thing?
Mine says "a decision has been made" and something about the decision being sent in the mail or in an email soon@Mayadison so sorry y'all! I haven't gotten any emails yet so maybe that means I've still got a shot?
Did either of you notice updates to your Self Service accounts on the Texas State self service thing?
Mine says "a decision has been made" and something about the decision being sent in the mail or in an email soon
Mine still says review in progress. Congratulations on your acceptance to Texas Tech 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so sorry!! I'm shocked, you're stats are so dang awesome! I have no doubt that you will get in somewhere else. Did you end up applying to UTSW?I was also rejected, hoping for the best for everyone else!
I'm so sorry!! I'm shocked, you're stats are so dang awesome! I have no doubt that you will get in somewhere else. Did you end up applying to UTSW?
It's fine, things happen for a reason! The school was awesome and the staff and students were all personable, but moving to Austin would've been tough! No, I actually got cold feet and didn't end up retaking the GRE just for the sole purpose of applying at UTSW. It's a good school, but i'd rather have more time to study more to for sure get an improved score in the future. If I dont get into one of the other 2 schools (TWU and UNT) that I applied to I will retake it next year. I feel like a lot of the DPT classes are already half way filled so making a higher quant score might not really matter this late into the game?
I'm really wanting to stay in the Dallas area. I'd be so thankful to get into TWU because I literally live around 18 mins from the Dallas campus, so fingers crossed!
Last edited:
My application also says a decision has been made and that I will revive a notification through mail or email!Mine still says review in progress. Congratulations on your acceptance to Texas Tech 🙂
Thank you! I'm honestly shocked that I got an acceptance anywhere after comparing my stats to everyone else on here.Mine still says review in progress. Congratulations on your acceptance to Texas Tech 🙂
And good luck for Texas State! I hope you hear good news
It's fine, things happen for a reason! The school was awesome and the staff and students were all personable, but moving to Austin would've been tough! No, I actually got cold feet and didn't end up retaking the GRE just for the sole purpose of applying at UTSW. It's a good school, but i'd rather have more time to study more to for sure get an improved grade in the future. If I dont get into one of the other 2 schools (TWU and UNT) that I applied to I will retake it next year. I feel like a lot of the DPT classes are already half way filled so making a higher quant score might not really matter this late into the game?
I'm really wanting to stay in the Dallas area. I'd be so thankful to get into TWU because I literally live around 18 mins from the Dallas campus, so fingers crossed!
I was the same way - my writing score was a 3.5 and I retook the GRE 3 times and raised my other scores.. but was never able to raise my writing score to a 4. The application is due tomorrow at midnight if you decide you want to apply 🙂 Good luck with TWU!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!!
I was the same way - my writing score was a 3.5 and I retook the GRE 3 times and raised my other scores.. but was never able to raise my writing score to a 4. The application is due tomorrow at midnight if you decide you want to apply 🙂 Good luck with TWU!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!!
Yeah I think for me the thing about the GRE is the money lol I just got a tech job and have been saving up. Those things are so expensive, I really want to make the attempts count and knowing me, 1 month probably won't make a difference for myself personally. Yeah, I really wanted to apply to UTSW, but I know they reject you if you don't meet the minimum. I called and asked them about my quant score and they said it was kinda low lol Plus, one of the PT's I shadowed told me this herself because she applied and her GRE score didn't meet the minimum and she got rejected. So i'd rather save my cash lol and thank you!! Have you heard anything from Tech yet? I know you will get in somewhere!!!
Yeah I think for me the thing about the GRE is the money lol I just got a tech job and have been saving up. Those things are so expensive, I really want to make the attempts count and knowing me, 1 month probably won't make a difference for myself personally. Yeah, I really wanted to apply to UTSW, but I know they reject you if you don't meet the minimum. I called and asked them about my quant score and they said it was kinda low lol Plus, one of the PT's I shadowed told me this herself because she applied and her GRE score didn't meet the minimum and she got rejected. So i'd rather save my cash lol and thank you!! Have you heard anything from Tech yet? I know you will get in somewhere!!!
I know.. my first time to take the GRE was 1.5 years ago so i've been spreading it out because it's so expensive haha. I totally get it about UTSW. It's so unfortunate that they have such high minimum requirements! Nope... nothing from Tech /: I'm starting to go a little crazy because I haven't heard from anyone!!
I know.. my first time to take the GRE was 1.5 years ago so i've been spreading it out because it's so expensive haha. I totally get it about UTSW. It's so unfortunate that they have such high minimum requirements! Nope... nothing from Tech /: I'm starting to go a little crazy because I haven't heard from anyone!!
I wouldn't worry! Hearing no news doesn't mean bad news, if anything that's good news because you haven't received a rejection notification! You seem very friendly and out going, plus your stats are some of the best i've seen on SDN lol You'll get in somewhere i'm sure of that! 🙂
I just got the rejection email from Texas State myself and I'm honestly a little surprised. This was my first outright rejection so far though, the rest of the schools I applied to I really havent heard from yet. :/
Oh wow :/ Sorry for those who received the rejection email :/
Do y'all have other schools you got into or you're waiting to hear from?
Still haven't heard from them on my part
Do y'all have other schools you got into or you're waiting to hear from?
Still haven't heard from them on my part
Nope :/. I wish they would communicate more with when their next interview is so we can relax until the date comes around for them to send out invites, but they leave us in the dark about everything. Their Class of 2020 Facebook page like someone has previous stated has about 20-23 so they definitely aren't done with the interview process yet. Keeping my fingers crossed!Still hoping to hear from UNT. Anyone have an update on them?
I'm also waiting to hear back from UNT and TWU, but nothing yet
I just got the rejection email from Texas State myself and I'm honestly a little surprised. This was my first outright rejection so far though, the rest of the schools I applied to I really havent heard from yet. :/
You had interviews at Tech and UTMB, correct? I haven't heard from Tech either and I am still on UTMB's waitlist! UTMB's waitlist consists of the top 100 students they interviewed so being on the waitlist is a good thing!! I think not hearing anything is good at this point!!!
wow thank you so much, that means a lot! I am rooting for you 🙂I wouldn't worry! Hearing no news doesn't mean bad news, if anything that's good news because you haven't received a rejection notification! You seem very friendly and out going, plus your stats are some of the best i've seen on SDN lol You'll get in somewhere i'm sure of that! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow thank you so much, that means a lot! I am rooting for you 🙂
likewise!!!! 🙂
Are you looking at that Application Summary page??My Texas State account said "decision made" and "admit to institution" !!!! I haven't received an email or anything though
yes!!!Are you looking at that Application Summary page??
Mine still shows review in progress. :/yes!!!
Also CONGRATS!!My Texas State account said "decision made" and "admit to institution" !!!! I haven't received an email or anything though










Baaaaaaa me too! Official email plz!!!My Texas State account said "decision made" and "admit to institution" !!!! I haven't received an email or anything though
Just checked mine, it says "Decision made" and the other part about it being emailed to me like the people who got rejections... but no email yet. I guess this means I didn't get in since it doesn't say "admit to institution"?
If you don't mind me asking, where to you look for the admission status as far as Texas State goes? I login through the ssb.texasstate.edu and then when I go to application status it shows processed. I noticed even earlier that people were saying what their says and I am like "wait, where am I supposed to be looking?!" haha. Any help would help! I amy or may not be technologically challenged!
https://ssb.txstate.edu/prod/twbkwbis.P_WWWLoginIf you don't mind me asking, where to you look for the admission status as far as Texas State goes? I login through the ssb.texasstate.edu and then when I go to application status it shows processed. I noticed even earlier that people were saying what their says and I am like "wait, where am I supposed to be looking?!" haha. Any help would help! I amy or may not be technologically challenged!
This is the link!!
You've got to click on Summer 2017 and it should take you to the Applicaiton Status page where you'll see Decision:Yes yes, so this is the one I use. And then when I go to application status, this is what shows up:
Mine still says Review in Progress :/Just checked mine, it says "Decision made" and the other part about it being emailed to me like the people who got rejections... but no email yet. I guess this means I didn't get in since it doesn't say "admit to institution"?
My Texas State account said "decision made" and "admit to institution" !!!! I haven't received an email or anything though
congrats!!!!! 😀
Got it! Thank you!You've got to click on Summer 2017 and it should take you to the Applicaiton Status page where you'll see Decision:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just checked mine, it says "Decision made" and the other part about it being emailed to me like the people who got rejections... but no email yet. I guess this means I didn't get in since it doesn't say "admit to institution"?
Have you gotten an email yet? I got my rejection email around 10:04pm last night. Also, I remember you getting accepted into UNT and TWU correct? Which school did you choose if you don't mind me asking?
Have you gotten an email yet? I got my rejection email around 10:04pm last night. Also, I remember you getting accepted into UNT and TWU correct? Which school did you choose if you don't mind me asking?
No email yet, and I got into UNT! Haven't heard from TWU yet though, should be in a couple of weeks
Did you get accepted??Got it! Thank you!
Thank you!!!!!congrats!!!!! 😀
Same!!!
Application status: "Decision made"
Decision: "Admit to institution"
Ahhhhh, but I need an email to make it "real"🙂
Application status: "Decision made"
Decision: "Admit to institution"
Ahhhhh, but I need an email to make it "real"🙂