Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected. pre II complete sometime early summer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Caught that rejection fade just now
I was planning on withdrawing tonight, but I guess I'll just wait to see if I'm on this rejection train as well for the sake of adding a data point for future applicants.
Complete late Sept, so maybe they haven't reached that far yet
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Complete late Sept, so maybe they haven't reached that far yet
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
with you all on the rejection train 🙁
Sorry about all the rejections. Were any of you complete in Sept?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haven't seen any yet.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejection just now. OOS LM 67-69 nonURM complete 7/7. Goodbye Boston dreams![]()
Haha same boat as yours. Two boston rejections in a day.
Rejected pre-II, complete in Sept
Is anyone getting these after 5pm?
5:12 pm
Haha same boat as yours. Two boston rejections in a day.
Rejected pre-II, complete in Sept
That sucks 🙁 Was it BU?
That sucks 🙁 Was it BU?
yup
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected pre II
Tufts swiped left
Rejected pre II
complete? did you super like?Tufts swiped left
Bummer. Though still think they've written the nicest rejection letter that I've received this cycle.
complete mid-July, super likedcomplete? did you super like?
I felt bad... but then got to this page and realized that it wasn't a targeted act of rejection, but more of a massive slaughter. Bye, Tufts.
Rejected just now pre-II. Onwards and upwards!
Rejected as well pre-II 🙁
Nope, couldn't avoid the axe... Love you too Tufts... LOVE YOU TOO!![]()
Sorry all 🙁 mind if I ask if these emails are still being sent? Refreshing my email in a pool of nerves... best of luck moving forward!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
was your portal updated?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was your portal updated?
Not yet..
Sorry all 🙁 mind if I ask if these emails are still being sent? Refreshing my email in a pool of nerves... best of luck moving forward!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
pretty sure the bulk of them came ~5pm. If you don't have a rejection by now you should be safe for the day lol
... is it safe yet ?? is it over ?
Sorry to hear about all of the rejections today! Has anyone who completed 8/24 or later heard anything? I'm not sure if I survived the mass rejection today or if they just haven't gotten to my application yet 

Sorry to hear about all of the rejections! Has anyone who completed 8/24 or later heard anything? I'm not sure if I survived the mass rejection or if they just haven't gotten to my application 

Rejected at 5 pm today. 510, 3.8, complete mid-late July
rejected
+1Sorry to hear about all of the rejections! Has anyone who completed 8/24 or later heard anything? I'm not sure if I survived the mass rejection or if they just haven't gotten to my application![]()
what was the rejection message?
Bummer. Though still think they've written the nicest rejection letter that I've received this cycle.
"The Committee on Admissions of Boston University School of Medicine has completed its review of your application. It is with great regret that I inform you that we will be unable to offer an interview this year. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the candidate who is turned away.what was the rejection message?
Most of the candidates we are considering this year are qualified to attend medical school and are likely to make important contributions to our profession and to society. Sadly, with more than 100 applicants for every seat in the class, we are forced to deny many exceptional people.
We acknowledge and respect your accomplishments and recognize that our inability to offer you an opportunity to complete the admissions process is a loss for Boston University. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors."
The entire time I read it, it felt like they were saying "Its not you, its me." Best rejection letter yet even compared to UCSF (though only by a little).
"The Committee on Admissions of Boston University School of Medicine has completed its review of your application. It is with great regret that I inform you that we will be unable to offer an interview this year. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the candidate who is turned away.
Most of the candidates we are considering this year are qualified to attend medical school and are likely to make important contributions to our profession and to society. Sadly, with more than 100 applicants for every seat in the class, we are forced to deny many exceptional people.
We acknowledge and respect your accomplishments and recognize that our inability to offer you an opportunity to complete the admissions process is a loss for Boston University. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors."
The entire time I read it, it felt like they were saying "Its not you, its me." Best rejection letter yet even compared to UCSF (though only by a little).
I had to read your reply haha thought I was in the wrong thread at first.
Yep, complete very early July and silenceAnyone from early July still alive in here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup
D
deleted781438
yep
Hey are any Maine Trackers interviewing Dec 16? Trying to figure out if they're doing a round of interviews that day or if that's the adcom meeting day...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Whoops. Probably shouldve prefaced it with some contextI had to read your reply haha thought I was in the wrong thread at first.

Anyone from early July still alive in here?
Complete 7/8 and still alive.
Have been dodging rejection waves from 5 different schools now... Grateful to still be under consideration but I'd rather not be strung along if I'm not going to get an II
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K