You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
YupAnyone from early July still alive in here?
*Timidly raises hand also.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey are any Maine Trackers interviewing Dec 16? Trying to figure out if they're doing a round of interviews that day or if that's the adcom meeting day...
Do we know if anyone has been accepted to the Maine Track yet? I think I've only heard of deferrals so far.
Do we know if anyone has been accepted to the Maine Track yet? I think I've only heard of deferrals so far.
I'm aware of a couple acceptances so they have started. I think this board is just not a complete sampling of pool 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm aware of a couple acceptances so they have started. I think this board is just not a complete sampling of pool 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Do we know if anyone has been accepted to the Maine Track yet? I think I've only heard of deferrals so far.
I got the deferral email today, as well. I'm devastated; I really thought I crushed the whole interview day.
I know for sure of one Maine Track acceptance from the early October group. @LLMean do you know people who received acceptances from this last round?
There has historically been ~45% post-interview acceptance rate. It's crazy to me that not a single SDNer from the November contingent was accepted (or at least, never posted about it).
Have any MBS students started hearing back yet? I know they pool those applications separately, but I'm not sure when they start looking.
Yeah, a few MBSers have received interviews and acceptances. Not sure how many.
Last edited:
I had a 11/1 interview and there were only two other MBSers among an interview cohort of about 20. I was accepted but am not aware of anybody else in my MBS class that has heard back either way.Have any MBS students started hearing back yet? I know they pool those applications separately, but I'm not sure when they start looking.
Complete 7/8 and still alive.
Have been dodging rejection waves from 5 different schools now... Grateful to still be under consideration but I'd rather not be strung along if I'm not going to get an II
+infinity... hangin' on at a lot of places this week, but few IIs. knocking on all the wood for us
if dodging rejection waves, does this mean chance of II or they just havent read my file
Yeah, I'm wondering this too. I'm just bracing for the worst.if dodging rejection waves, does this mean chance of II or they just havent read my file
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if dodging rejection waves, does this mean chance of II or they just havent read my file
Dodged this rejection wave as well (complete late July), but I'm not holding out hope. I had the same thing happen to me at Stanford…dodged 2-3 massive waves before getting axed. 🙁 Not giving up, not expecting anything either. Best of luck to all of us.Yeah, I'm wondering this too. I'm just bracing for the worst.
Dodged this rejection wave as well (complete late July), but I'm not holding out hope. I had the same thing happen to me at Stanford…dodged 2-3 massive waves before getting axed. 🙁 Not giving up, not expecting anything either. Best of luck to all of us.
I think at this point every school has read every app. I think what it comes down to is a reviewing-re-reviewing process while comparing different groups of people to decide who to send the IIs to. So you can miss several waves while going through the comparisons, but still end up rejected once they narrow down some more and eventually decide who they will send the II to.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
What he (or she) is saying is that you really have no idea. They could offer you an interview or not. No one really has any way to know for certain except for the adcoms themselves.
Exactly.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
I sent one before I was offered an II. I was eventually accepted. From my personal experience, go for it.anyone know if they're receptive to pre II updates?
.
Last edited:
Yes!Thanks! Uploaded to the portal I assume?
How long are updates typically? And do you talk about the school or literally just what you've been doing?
Yes!
.
Last edited:
Thanks. I'm at work and it's a pain to find my password and go into the portal!from the portal: You may upload any type of document EXCEPT letters of recommendation (which must be submitted through the AMCAS letter service).
D
deleted779782
I kept it to one page single spaced, and just talked about my gap year activities and a pending publication.How long are updates typically? And do you talk about the school or literally just what you've been doing?
Mine was about a page single spaced. I mentioned Tufts in like one sentence, but not in a "letter of interest" kind of way. I focused on my new experiences and had one sentence saying why these made me a better applicant for medical school/Tufts. Keep in mind that update letters should not just be "what you've been doing." They should be done only in the case of significant, new updates (such as a publication or new job). Good luck!How long are updates typically? And do you talk about the school or literally just what you've been doing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my case, I had two more letter writers who sent in their letters post-II to the admissions office email from their own emails. The office replied that they had been added to my file.Also, does anyone know if tufts will accept an additional recommendation letter not through AMCAS?
I know it says it somewhere but I figure it's quicker to ask here if anyone knows.
If I've been complete since July and haven't been rejected what are my chances for a II?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If I've been complete since July and haven't been rejected what are my chances for a II?
There is no way to know. You just have to wait to see what happens!
There is no way to know. You just have to wait to see what happens!
That's what makes this process so fun!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not sure if fun is the right word 🙂
If it is in the "squidward version of the Fun song".... then it is spot on!Not sure if fun is the right word 🙂
I typically don't bother posting about my axes, but since it's my alma mater I gotta rep the axe on this one. This one kindaaa, sorta...stung pre-II. Oh well, good riddance I guess, haha. Complete late Sept. Best of luck to all others!
That sucks I'm sorry 🙁 did you just get an email? Good luck with rest of your apps!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I typically don't bother posting about my axes, but since it's my alma mater I gotta rep the axe on this one. This one kindaaa, sorta...stung pre-II. Oh well, good riddance I guess, haha. Complete late Sept. Best of luck to all others!
I got axed from my alma mater pre-II too and feel you🙁 it feels particularly horrible.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Were you all completed in September?Rejected. Yeehaw
my BU rejection came midnight so we arent off the hook as yet 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in after a deferred decision? I interviewed in early September and sent an update last week about a couple papers we recently submitted. This was my only II so far and I'm starting to get a bit nervous about my chances this cycle
I have what I could consider fairly significant research experience.Did most people who have interviewed or been accepted here have a lot of good research experience?
I personally had a strong mix of both research and clinical experience.Did most people who have interviewed or been accepted here have a lot of good research experience?
4 yrs of undergrad research w/ publicationDid most people who have interviewed or been accepted here have a lot of good research experience?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K