2016-2017 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary here about a month and a half ago, underwent review by "3 reviewers", got the EFI status. However, last week I got an e-mail that I am under review again by 3 reviewers to determine if I am EFI or not competitive. Is this normal?
Please email admissions, someone may have mis-categorized your file.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That moment when you've been EFI at UCF for so long that your password expires and you have to reset it...

I almost thought that's how you'd know if your application was rejected.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an approximate time on acceptance day that one can expect to get a call? Very excited/nervous to hear back, loved this school a lot!

How soon after interviews do they make admission decisions?

I guess I spoke too soon.

II this morning!

Super excited about the opportunity to come here and learn more about what UCF has to offer and how I can add to unique environment.

Reactions: 5 users
I guess I spoke too soon.

II this morning!

Super excited about the opportunity to come here and learn more about what UCF has to offer and how I can add to unique environment.

Congrats!! I hope I may be in the same boat! When is the II scheduled? And stats?

Well my password has expired twice lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to go here so badly and I've been EFI since August :bigtears: please UCF give me love

Reactions: 6 users
Is this school OOS friendly to all regions are do they favor OOS Florida region/ties to Florida?

So your math is pretty good in that we have interviewed about 215 already. We also have another 110 +/- scheduled for interviews. I do anticipate interviewing about 425 applicants this year, similar to the last three years.

My secondary was submitted early Aug, OOS, LM = 68. Is UCF friendly with "LOI" or update letter?

Anyone have any feedback/info on the evening before interview meetup? Is it appropriate to bring someone?

Except for an acceptance, I can't think of any better way to start off my week than an II from my top choice :)!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone upload a letter of update pre-interview? And get invited to an interview?

For applicants in the the top half of the top third, is there a very high chance of getting off the waitlist? If so, anybody know when these applicants may get off?

Anyone know if they hold off on all news/updates until after the holidays?

January 23rd!
I'll see you there :)

For applicants in the the top half of the top third, is there a very high chance of getting off the waitlist? If so, anybody know when these applicants may get off?
As long as you are in the top 1/6 of the waitlist, the question you should be asking is not if you will be accepted but when. In previous years threads, REL himself has blatantly said that the top 1/3 of the WL will be accepted eventually and even those in the middle 1/3rd of the WL have a respectable chance. So with that being said, take a deep breath and I congratulate you on *eventually getting into UCF :)

Reactions: 1 users
Received the financial aid/grant/scholarship package email today. I submitted my FAFSA in November and was accepted in October (OOS) in case anyone was waiting on the package.

Edit: The package basically gave me a set amount which would be guaranteed to be covered by grants and/or scholarships and also an amount of loans I can take. It didn't specifically say what type or amount of scholarships I will earn (another SDNer said that the scholarship committee is meeting around March); rather, it just gave me a guaranteed amount. Someone else was confused about this and I hope this clears things up!

Last edited:
Interviewing here soon. URM LizzyM 72. Top choice. Please ucf show me some love

Last edited:
This may sound a little weird but I kind of dislike the URM status giving increased chances. I could have gotten into med school on my own. I don't need preferential treatment. Idk... Maybe i'm being irrational but comments like that frustrate me

I think it's a good thing that you're able to feel that way.

Think of the opposite scenario. Which one would you prefer? Because I worry that bias (not necessarily racial/ethnic) will almost always have some role, even if minute. I'm happy that it swings towards the positive, that our medical work force is better prepared to interact with many cultures rather then the opposite.

The most important outcome: you're good enough and you are going to be a doctor.

That's a beautiful thought :)

Accepted this morning!! So pumped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted this morning!! So pumped

Congrats. That is so awesome! On interview day, do you remember what they said about decisions and being accepted vs. being put on the "not yet accepted/waitlist"? Going through the threads, it looks like they accept about 180 for their 120 seats, then start working through the list once more than 60 of those acceptances get turned down. I've also heard that UCF does not outright reject any of their interviewees although they may get put very last in the waitlist. Being that REL has said historically at least 33% and sometimes up to 50%+ get accepted eventually from the waitlist, does that mean that of roughly the 425 they interview, 180 will get accepted outright and then anywhere from 80-120ish will also get in from the waitlist? If so, I certainly like those odds!

Congrats. That is so awesome! On interview day, do you remember what they said about decisions and being accepted vs. being put on the "not yet accepted/waitlist"? Going through the threads, it looks like they accept about 180 for their 120 seats, then start working through the list once more than 60 of those acceptances get turned down. I've also heard that UCF does not outright reject any of their interviewees although they may get put very last in the waitlist. Being that REL has said historically at least 33% and sometimes up to 50%+ get accepted eventually from the waitlist, does that mean that of roughly the 425 they interview, 180 will get accepted outright and then anywhere from 80-120ish will also get in from the waitlist? If so, I certainly like those odds!
If I'm being honest I'm still super hype at the moment so I can't exactly process or verify all the numbers you mentioned however what I do know is a TON of people get in off of the waitlist hence why if you're in the top third you're essentially guaranteed an acceptance and if you're in the top half of the middle you have a good shot. I don't remember the exact numbers though.