2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete around 8/20, total silence... just pull the trigger, Pritzker!

Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier today!!! Super thrilled to visit, was honestly expecting a rejection email before today :)
LizzyM ≥ 75, OOS, complete late August/early September

Edit: I was never on hold in case anyone was wondering

Reactions: 2 users
I did last Friday night! I've been on hold for a couple months but sent them a pretty brief email reiterating my interest and miraculously got an invite the next day, haha.

Tfw when you've also been on hold and you also sent a LOI last Wednesday and didn't get an II yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II earlier today!!! Super thrilled to visit, was honestly expecting a rejection email before today :)
LizzyM ≥ 75, OOS, complete late August/early September

Edit: I was never on hold in case anyone was wondering
Are they on break? or they are stilling working?

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! LizzyM > 75, complete in August and on hold since September. I don't think I really have a chance since I was basically waitlisted already for just the interview, but I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday! LizzyM > 75, complete in August and on hold since September. I don't think I really have a chance since I was basically waitlisted already for just the interview, but I'll give it a shot.
so lucky! congrats!

That's awesome, congrats!!
Mind sharing when they're scheduling for?

So...does this mean that those of us that have yet to hear back will probably receive a rejection soon?

In last year's thread, someone got an II on 1/4 and 1/19 and someone stated they actually had an interview in February.
So there's a tiny bit of hope left!

that's so sad. it seems likely
Yeah sad. Do y'all think it's worth it to send a hail mary update/letter of intent pre II? Been complete since mid/late August and haven't heard anything. If so, do I send this via email?

Yeah sad. Do y'all think it's worth it to send a hail mary update/letter of intent pre II? Been complete since mid/late August and haven't heard anything. If so, do I send this via email?
I highly recommend sending in an update. I remember reading somewhere that Pritzker really appreciates "love letters." I also was complete late August with silence ever since. I emailed them an update letter (not a letter of intent) right before Christmas and received an interview invite a week later!!!

I highly recommend sending in an update. I remember reading somewhere that Pritzker really appreciates "love letters." I also was complete late August with silence ever since. I emailed them an update letter (not a letter of intent) right before Christmas and received an interview invite a week later!!!
would you mind sharing your LizzyM?

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully it helps :xf:

Hey all, I just recently got an II here, am interviewing on one of the last days they have available. I have an acceptance to a state school that I really like, so I would only go to Pritzker if I got a pretty hefty scholarship here.

Lizzy M 77, very strong ECs/leadership/shadowing/volunteering in all areas except research, where I am fine but not exceptional. At this point in the cycle, do they still have any aid to give out? I'm assuming they have offered the majority of their aid already, although as people turn down the school I'm sure some more will become available.
I'd really appreciate insight. Has anyone who has interviewed here recently been told how much aid they have left/if they are still awarding aid in significant numbers?
It seems to me that if they didn't interview me earlier they aren't interested enough in me to give me significant aid. Since I already have a few acceptances including at a state school I really like I'm inclined not to go on my interview since my bank account is really hurting from interviews.

Any thoughts?

Hey all, I just recently got an II here, am interviewing on one of the last days they have available. I have an acceptance to a state school that I really like, so I would only go to Pritzker if I got a pretty hefty scholarship here.

Lizzy M 77, very strong ECs/leadership/shadowing/volunteering in all areas except research, where I am fine but not exceptional. At this point in the cycle, do they still have any aid to give out? I'm assuming they have offered the majority of their aid already, although as people turn down the school I'm sure some more will become available.
I'd really appreciate insight. Has anyone who has interviewed here recently been told how much aid they have left/if they are still awarding aid in significant numbers?
It seems to me that if they didn't interview me earlier they aren't interested enough in me to give me significant aid. Since I already have a few acceptances including at a state school I really like I'm inclined not to go on my interview since my bank account is really hurting from interviews.

Any thoughts?

Pritzker is known to be very generous with scholarship $$$.

i submitted an update/Letter of interest over the holidays and got an out of office response. haven't gotten actual confirmation of receipt yet. anyone else in the same boat? i dont want to risk being pushy but also dont want it to slip through the cracks. been on hold since July and am nervous given how close they seem to be to completing interviews.

i submitted an update/Letter of interest over the holidays and got an out of office response. haven't gotten actual confirmation of receipt yet. anyone else in the same boat? i dont want to risk being pushy but also dont want it to slip through the cracks. been on hold since July and am nervous given how close they seem to be to completing interviews.
After emailing them an update letter, I did not receive any non-automated confirmation but did receive an interview invite a week later.

How do I withdraw my application? Do I have to contact the school directly?

Any thoughts?

I think I read somewhere (Pritzker podcast or old Pritzker threads) that nearly everyone gets some form of merit scholarship. At the end of the day, Pritzker has ~$12 million in merit aid to dole out to 88 students (really 80 since MSTP kids are fully funded). That comes out to an average $150,000 per student in merit over four years which considerably cuts down the COA. Even if you don't get a merit scholarship with your acceptance, chances are you'll get reassigned monies when people inevitably turn down their Pritzker acceptances. MDapps shows a number of people getting merit awards/getting their awards increased in March and beyond, presumably because money was freed up in this way. Anecdotally, Pritzker will also use merit to poach students in the spring with multiple high profile acceptances (since they can see where the people they've accepted have also gotten in).

tl;dr I think the chance of getting a big scholly, either with your acceptance or later in the cycle, is well worth the cost of attending the interview :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
when is the next decision wave?

Someone who interviewed in the third batch will definitely have a date given to them

when is the next decision wave?

As of my interview in mid-October, the date they gave us was 3/1/17. May have changed by this point who knows.

Rejected after I sent a letter of interest :oops: on hold since July.

Rejected after letter of interest as well :( on hold since July. I wish they would have just rejected me back then. I held on to too much hope for this one

Hmmm maybe everyone left on hold is about to be rejected starting from July (the beginning) onwards