2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So from the looks of it that last reported II here was Nov. 17th. Is that right? Are we expecting more anytime soon?

Haha this waiting is too frustrating man
Been on hold since the beginning of time

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i find it somewhat hard to believe that complete silence (no hold) means they "look forward to reviewing my application" lol

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i find it somewhat hard to believe that complete silence (no hold) means they "look forward to reviewing my application" lol
I'm in the same boat (since late Aug./early Sept.). It seems like other people are in the same position, too! Hang in there.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha this waiting is too frustrating man
Been on hold since the beginning of time

I haven't been put on hold. Complete late august and still app complete. They have been past my date for rejections so generally confused.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody remember when they said acceptance decisions come out?

Lol hold or no hold.. I don't really see a difference tbh

You guys!

Woke up thinking "today's the day!!!" and now this is stuck in my head...

Reactions: 5 users
I feel like I'm just going to sit and stare at my cell phone all day...

So what happens if you're out of the country and can't accept phone calls? Do they update the portal right away too?

Sent from my HTC 10 using SDN mobile

Do only accepted students get calls? Or will they call to notify people of their "continued" status as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted this morning!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
:roflcopter: Accepted! Congrats everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
my heart skips a beat every time my phone vibrates...

Accepted! Interviewed early November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
For those who have received acceptances today, are your applicant portals already updated? I'm out of the country and can't receive phone calls. If I get accepted, I'm hoping to find out through a portal update :)

For those who have received acceptances today, are your applicant portals already updated? I'm out of the country and can't receive phone calls. If I get accepted, I'm hoping to find out through a portal update :)

My portal is not updated, but I received an e-mail a little while after the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted!! Interviews mid october. YAYYY

Reactions: 3 users
OMG put me out of my misery already UChicago!

Reactions: 6 users
sooooo the rest of us got continued then, huh? D:

I'm not going to despair until people start posting that they received "continued" emails. We can probably figure they're done with phone calls at that point?

Got that "Continued" email. What are the chances of being accepted in March as a "continued" candidate?

Continued for the second time! Interviewed in August.

Hmmm do y'all think rejections are coming after the continued emails? I don't have anything yet :confused:

Hmmm do y'all think rejections are coming after the continued emails? I don't have anything yet :confused:
I thought they don't do rejections during interview season. It's either accepted or continued and then you get on the waitlist. But I might be wrong.

So if you get continued, are the chances much higher that you're headed for the waitlist than getting accepted?

Was anyone who received a "continue" on the last decision day accepted today?

All day. Anybody else still waiting to hear from them?

1g43rf.jpg

As if being continued on the first date wasn't bad enough, they just sent me another email to remind me I'm still continued.

Yeah Pritzker, this lack of mutual respect is not going to work.

Just got continued. Bye Felicia.

As if being continued on the first date wasn't bad enough, they just sent me another email to remind me I'm still continued.

Yeah Pritzker, this lack of mutual respect is not going to work.

+1

tbh I'm considering just withdrawing because even if I get in at this point I'll keep telling myself that they didn't think I was a good enough fit during the first two rounds

Did anyone else get a call but not an email?

+1

tbh I'm considering just withdrawing because even if I get in at this point I'll keep telling myself that they didn't think I was a good enough fit during the first two rounds

During the interview day, I think they said that they review continued applicants at the very end! So don't give up hope yet! Sorry that it's such a arduous process though. :/

+1

Same here. I was really high on Pritzker after the interview but being continued a bunch tells me they think I'm an expendable candidate that might easily be eclipsed by coming interviewees. Even if I get in late in the game I don't know if I can get past that.