2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Pritzker has an MCAT subsection cutoff?

From what I remember from their podcasts, they review applications holistically. High stats may help, but they care most if you're a good fit for their school than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the II sometime last week! Was away on vacation and hadn't been checking email's often so I don't know exactly when it came in! Congrats to all others with IIs, and good luck to those who will receive them soon!

How long were people complete before they received an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I remember from their podcasts, they review applications holistically. High stats may help, but they care most if you're a good fit for their school than anything.

Thank you for the information! Much appreciated.

When you all are saying your app is under review, is that something that shows up other than just "application complete"?

Does anyone know if Pritzker has an MCAT subsection cutoff?

Also found the transcript from that podcast
ImageUploadedBySDN1470765148.970254.jpg

Also to ease anyone's anxieties..
Around this time in 2010, they had only handed out 1/10 of all their interview slots.
ImageUploadedBySDN1470765425.854094.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Rejection today, after being complete about a month. This was a crazy reach for me so I'm not too hurt, but it's my first response back and it's not a great omen for my cycle. I know this school really well and it's a great place- best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Rejection today, after being complete about a month. This was a crazy reach for me so I'm not too hurt, but it's my first response back and it's not a great omen for my cycle. I know this school really well and it's a great place- best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Best of luck with the rest of your applications!

Reactions: 3 users

I had 2 rejections before I got an interview so hang in there! Good luck! :)

Throwing my hat in the ring here. I hope I don't get an instant rejection.
I understand that feeling... This school is a reach for me stat wise, but I feel like I really fit their mission. They've been my dream school since high school. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Worth a shot with a 516 and 3.5? (final five semester were 3.8 cumulatively). Kinda feel like its a waste of $100

I've been complete since 7/7 and I'm in the same boat! I'm trying to look at it positively since no news is better than getting rejected I guess!

...Unless our applications have been lost under a desk somewhere and will never be read... **worries unnecessarily**
Completed secondary of 7/9 and still no change in status.

I've been complete since 7/7 and I'm in the same boat! I'm trying to look at it positively since no news is better than getting rejected I guess!

...Unless our applications have been lost under a desk somewhere and will never be read... **worries unnecessarily**

I wasn't marked complete in their system til last week but I was actually complete 7/22. I feel the same way

I'm just happy I haven't been rejected yet

Marked complete today lets see how this goes!

yup I feel you man, I've been complete since the 11th and still nothing, it's been over a month!
These are the times when I start to wonder if I should've just retaken the mcat... can an Asian male get into these top schools with a LM 74? I thought so and threw apps out but eh still no interviews ..

II here last night, my first one!

C0mplete 7/20, LizzyM ~76.

Reactions: 7 users
Finally word from pritzker after being complete 5 weeks ago!
For me, rejection is nearly as sweet as an II. I love chitown and I'm actually visiting the place right now, but its good to have some closure!

Reactions: 4 users
I feel like I am a bit on the late side of applying, but my secondary was completed 7/19.
Lizzy M score of 74.
Still in "Application Complete" status.

Pritzker was my reach school, but I am at least happy to not see any rejections yet. Congratulations to everybody else on interviews! Very nice!

Hello, all!

Does anyone else interviewing on Aug 29th want to meet up the day before for coffee/dinner? I feel like if I just sit by myself the whole day before I will just freak myself out! Thought I would see if there are any other nervous applicants that would prefer to socialize! :)

Feel free to message me and we can figure it out!

Last edited:
Also if anyone knows any cool places to hang out/eat near the school, please let me know!! Haha I've never really been to Chicago so I would love any insight :)

I've been complete since the 11---- I wish I just knew the verdict. good luck interviewing yall

What is the best way to get to UChicago medical school from O'Hare other than taxi?

What is the best way to get to UChicago medical school from O'Hare other than taxi?
If you have time, UberPool helps you save some money! It's much cheaper than a taxi.

anyone wanna meet up on the 21st before 22nd interview?

Just checked the portal (been checking my status pretty regularly) and I've been placed on hold after being complete since 7/5. Not great news but I suppose not bad news either!

When you say you're on hold, are you referring to the little grey box that says in caps "hold" under the MD app icon? I thought that that just indicated your app wasn't on hold waiting for new MCAT scores? My app hasn't been marked complete yet but I have that "hold" box

Anyone know how often this school downloads letters? AMCAS received my committee letter last week but this is pretty much the only school that says they still haven't received mine in the portal.

Does Chicago accept any updates post-secondary app submission?

Also if anyone knows any cool places to hang out/eat near the school, please let me know!! Haha I've never really been to Chicago so I would love any insight :)

Medici is a restaurant in walking distance. Z&H is next door as well.
Oriental Institute and Smart Museum are free museums to check out.

Seconding the Medici rec. They have literally the best chocolate malts of all time and I will fight anybody who says differently.

Anyone know how often this school downloads letters? AMCAS received my committee letter last week but this is pretty much the only school that says they still haven't received mine in the portal.

Same thing happened to me. I gave them a call and they said that mine got left in the back of queue, it was cleared up within five minutes and I was marked complete. They're very responsive, I would give them a call!

Seconding the Medici rec. They have literally the best chocolate malts of all time and I will fight anybody who says differently.

I'm not the one who asked, but I appreciate the suggestions all the same!

Same thing happened to me. I gave them a call and they said that mine got left in the back of queue, it was cleared up within five minutes and I was marked complete. They're very responsive, I would give them a call!

Thank you! I called them and they were indeed very nice :) They said they upload letters manually so it'll take them a while to update the portal, but they do have mine and the portal should reflect that within the next week or so.

Does anyone have any experience from previous cycles (or even this cycle) of being put on hold and then getting an II/accepted? (Not including MD/PhD). I really like Chicago and am hoping to get off the "hold" list.

Anyone interviewing next week who has yet to hear from student hosting committee? Beginning to think I should just book a hotel room

Anyone interviewing next week who has yet to hear from student hosting committee? Beginning to think I should just book a hotel room
I heard back from student host just this morning (~2 days before interview). Also don't forget AirBnB can be a cheaper option!

Does anyone have any experience from previous cycles (or even this cycle) of being put on hold and then getting an II/accepted? (Not including MD/PhD). I really like Chicago and am hoping to get off the "hold" list.

They give some information on their podcasts:
http://pritzkerpodcast.com/2007/12/12/8-listener-questions-part-1-mp3/

Seems like an important aspect to further progress after having been placed on hold are updates and demonstration of interest in the Pritzker program