2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get an II after being on pre-II hold lately?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When AZCOM decides to play a twisted game and give me a heart attack.

XVvVm48.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrawing my acceptance. Interviewed on 01/26. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know about the deposit and withdrawing my acceptance? Is the $1000 completely lost?

Anybody know about the deposit and withdrawing my acceptance? Is the $1000 completely lost?
Thank you for your generous donation to AZCOM.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my II here. Was offered it sometime earlier this month. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Are people thinking about housing yet? Or still too early to decide?

Does an acceptance/decision here normally take a full 3-4 weeks after your interview? Checking the portal everyday like a crazy person since DMU got back to me much earlier and I’m starting to think that was just lucky.

Does an acceptance/decision here normally take a full 3-4 weeks after your interview? Checking the portal everyday like a crazy person since DMU got back to me much earlier and I’m starting to think that was just lucky.

I interviewed Wednesday, 1/24 and the portal reflected an acceptance Friday, 2/9, so just over two weeks! The next Monday is when I got an email and call, and the deadline to accept the offer was 2 weeks from when the portal first changed.

Are people thinking about housing yet? Or still too early to decide?

I got an email last week to my MWU email inviting me to use the “Schools App” to connect with other future students. It’s super easy to set up and there’s a number of people on there looking for roommates/talking about housing!

I interviewed Wednesday, 1/24 and the portal reflected an acceptance Friday, 2/9, so just over two weeks! The next Monday is when I got an email and call, and the deadline to accept the offer was 2 weeks from when the portal first changed.

I got an email last week to my MWU email inviting me to use the “Schools App” to connect with other future students. It’s super easy to set up and there’s a number of people on there looking for roommates/talking about housing!

Thank you so much for the information!!! I’m at two weeks tomorrow....very hopeful and excited to go to azcom!

Got a letter in the mail today informing me I was placed on the alternate list for acceptance. Anyone know what the likelihood of getting pulled off is?

Last edited:
I've heard that waitlist movement for this school is high because of the cost, and high stats where often people accepted also get into MD. Can I ask approximately when you interviewed or how long it took to get the letter?
Hmm well that's good to know at least. I interviewed on 2/23 and I got the letter in the mail today. It happened pretty fast - they said not to expect to hear anything for 2-3 weeks so I was pretty surprised.

I think that's what everyone is referring to as a change in the portal. I was told that'll be the first indication of a decision is the applicant checklist will show up if accepted, and show up with the incomplete bachelors if waitlisted. Does anyone know what the portal looks like with an outright rejection?
I would think if access to the accepted checklist means accepted and an updated applicant checklist means waitlisted, then neither of those would happen in an outright rejection. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hear (from fellow pre-meds) AZCOM waitlists the majority of their interviewees and rejects very few of them.

Do we know when people that have been waitlisted will started hearing about their final decision.? What are the chances of being accepted off of the waitlist? Is it true that most people who get interviewed here get waitlisted instead of rejected?

I'm guessing waitlist movement starts once they stop interviewing people. Not sure when that date is exactly. I know people who've been pulled off the waitlist a week before classes start, so it sounds like it's a long process.
That’s kind of what I was thinking too, but I’d imagine they are pulling people all the time as well because other people are constantly shuffling around with better acceptances and so forth. I guess we’ll see.

I wonder if the admissions committee meets on weekends, I thought today would be the day too otherwise it probably wouldn't be until Monday. Maybe they do meet on weekends though
Yeah could be that. But there was that previous post which mentioned having the portal change Friday before they got the call. so I’ve been checking way too often today. Fingers crossed still

Chiming in as a current MS-I offering to answer some questions instead of studying for my physiology exam!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I’m 2/20 and was wondering the same thing. Still waiting! I was hoping today would be the day!
Also interviewed 2/21 and was told by one person the next committee meeting would be March 18th and we could hear by the 19th. Another person said they didn't know if that was the right timeline but we could feel free to call after two weeks to check our status.

Also interviewed 2/21 and was told by one person the next committee meeting would be March 18th and we could hear by the 19th. Another person said they didn't know if that was the right timeline but we could feel free to call after two weeks to check our status.
lmk if/when you call and what they say hahah

Just called azcom admissions. They said they have interviews going this week that the committee is busy with so we probably won’t find out until next week but they didn’t give any hard dates so who knows...

Chiming in as a current MS-I offering to answer some questions instead of studying for my exam!
So if you’re accepted you have to choose your clinicals right away for your third and fourth years? Why so early? Is there a lot of switching that goes on before then?

So if you’re accepted you have to choose your clinicals right away for your third and fourth years? Why so early? Is there a lot of switching that goes on before then?
Yes, there's a student run exchange program.

II today after being on hold since August!

Dates are showing the week of 4/23.

THERE IS HOPE PEOPLE

I thought we were told we’d hear back on 3/20. Either way, it will be within the next couple days.

I thought we were told we’d hear back on 3/20. Either way, it will be within the next couple days.

I think it was after the 18th we could expect to hear so you're probably right

Wow. I’d love me one of them mid-April interviews AZCOM.

Holding since July.

I'm new here and have a quick question. Recently interviewed at AZCOM a few weeks ago, just checked the portal and it shows required prerequisites under the applicant checklist and the bachelor's degree portion is satisfied with a green check next to it. Does anyone know if this means I have been waitlisted as well?

I'm new here and have a quick question. Recently interviewed at AZCOM a few weeks ago, just checked the portal and it shows required prerequisites under the applicant checklist and the bachelor's degree portion is satisfied with a green check next to it. Does anyone know if this means I have been waitlisted as well?
I have the exact same thing...it's confusing because people said before it would show bachelors as not satisfied if you were waitlisted...but I also have no accepted checklist...guessing we will find out in the next day or two