You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Des Moines University (DMU-COM)
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Stats?Rejected lol. Not sure what this school looks for...
Shoot I'm sorry to hear that :/ If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? And when were you complete?Rejected lol. Not sure what this school looks for...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.4 sGPA/cGPA, 503 mcat, and like 3000+ clinical hours as a scribe/nurse.
Nice job on the II, I completed my file on July 4th and it still hasn't even gone under review yet.
3.4 sGPA/cGPA, 503 mcat, and like 3000+ clinical hours as a scribe/nurse.
Sorry about that... 🙁 When were you complete?
middle of June I believe.Sorry about that... 🙁 When were you complete?
Did they reject you via email or their portal?3.4 sGPA/cGPA, 503 mcat, and like 3000+ clinical hours as a scribe/nurse.
Not that competitive TBH.
502 mCAT, 3.6 cGPA, 3.5sGPA
I've got similar stats (502, 3.5c, 3.9s). Going to interview Aug. 28th, when are you heading to DMU for interview?
3.4 sGPA/cGPA, 503 mcat, and like 3000+ clinical hours as a scribe/nurse.
I'm also sorry to hear. I have similar hours and was hoping my ECs would carry my application a bit ☹️
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I've got similar stats (502, 3.5c, 3.9s). Going to interview Aug. 28th, when are you heading to DMU for interview?
I honestly have no idea just yet...I want to wait a little bit before I start booking tickets everywhere, you know? My wallet is broke as is.
I received an application complete email on July 11th. I haven't heard anything back from them since then. Just in case anyone is interested, I actually marked the Primary essays to come back to later and ended up submitted my application with nothing filled in. I emailed admissions and then told me to submit what I would have written for the essays and they would attach it to my file. I'm hopeful though......at this point I'm hoping that no news is good news.
Application submitted!
Current 4th year at DMU, happy to answer any and all questions
Current 4th year at DMU, happy to answer any and all questions
How are rotation sites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interested to hear about rotations as well! I did some digging on the website, but it wasn't super detailed.Current 4th year at DMU, happy to answer any and all questions
How are rotation sites?
Hit or miss. The vast majority of them are middle of the road and they will train you just fine. I wouldn't say any of them are spectacular or would give you any advantage over the others. They fluctuate each year and DMU has been losing a lot of the year long spots in Ohio because of the new school opening up there. That was the biggest change I noticed over the past couple years. And this last year they had the highest number of students assigned to the non year long track in quite a few years. Something in the 80-90 students range. I have the "match" list somewhere on my computer but I'd have to go dig to get that specific info.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Interested to hear about rotations as well! I did some digging on the website, but it wasn't super detailed.
They limit the info because the number and location of rotation sites changes a decent amount from year to year. So a student can't come in and throw a hissy fit about "the website said this rotation site was available" or however that interaction would go.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Alright...heading towards the interview on August 25th 🙂 If anyone else is interviewing, lets say hi!
I was invited to create an account today.. I'm assuming that means nothing. Is there anything to this other than creating a password and logging in? I can't seem to find any actions that I have to take. It says I've completed 6/7 supplemental items, but the one remaining one is waiting for them to review everything. Do I need to upload anything, answer any questions, etc? I'm paranoid I'm missing something.
For some reason my "DO Letter of Recommendation 3" is marked as incomplete, but on another line my DO LOR is marked as received. Does anyone here have similar issues?
I don't think "DO letter of rec" refers to a letter from a DO, but rather one of the three letters required for admission to the DO program.For some reason my "DO Letter of Recommendation 3" is marked as incomplete, but on another line my DO LOR is marked as received. Does anyone here have similar issues?
I don't think "DO letter of rec" refers to a letter from a DO, but rather one of the three letters required for admission to the DO program.
Oh, I think you're right. The "3" probably refers to the 3 required LORs? However, my portal shows that they have already received LORs from my DO, 2 science prof, and 1 non-science prof. I wonder why I'm still not complete?
I'm not sure, I'm still waiting on my committee letter to be sent so I can't compare to what my portal says.Oh, I think you're right. The "3" probably refers to the 3 required LORs? However, my portal shows that they have already received LORs from my DO, 2 science prof, and 1 non-science prof. I wonder why I'm still not complete?
I think you should maybe contact them on Monday...it seems like you should be complete-- they only require 1 physician letter and 2 academic letters.
II last night!
stats?
LizzyM 71-72stats?
Last edited:
My god...511 MCAT, 3.99 cGPA, 4.0 sGPA
Just a heads up for everyone, make sure you're checking your spam folders in your e-mail. My interview invitation went there last year and i didn't see it until they sent me another e-mail a month later reminding me about it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, mine was marked as complete on 7/11 I believe. It is listed on the portal.My application status on the portal just says submitted. Does anyone else's say complete instead?
Damn ok thanks I'll contact admissions then to figure out what's going onYes, mine was marked as complete on 7/11 I believe. It is listed on the portal.
When did you get the complete email? Sorry to hear that btw, sure you'll have luck elsewhereRejected lol. Not sure what this school looks for...
I got into nsucom so no worries.When did you get the complete email? Sorry to hear that btw, sure you'll have luck elsewhere
When did you hear from NSU if you do not mind me asking?I got into nsucom so no worries.
Yesterday afternoonWhen did you hear from NSU if you do not mind me asking?
When did you guys have your application completed after submitting LORs to AACOMAS? I submitted mine about a week and a half ago and on my portal it still says they haven't been received.
II invite just now, awesome! I was complete 07/11, OOS LizzyM 69-71
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II!!!! Complete 7/3. Re-applicant. GPA 3.5. MCAT 504. My DO letter came from an alumna of this school.
SO EXCITED!!!!!
SO EXCITED!!!!!
II here tonight as well!
+1 II 🙂
GPA: 4.0 MCAT: 503
GPA: 4.0 MCAT: 503
+1 II 🙂
GPA: 4.0 MCAT: 503
did you find out via portal itself or they emailed you?
I was complete 6/28, haven't heard anything yet
+1I was complete 6/28, haven't heard anything yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you think that works? Bc some have been rejected and offered interview invites that may have been complete after us
did you find out via portal itself or they emailed you?
Via email!
Question for anyone who is interviewing: are you planning on flying out of Des Moines the evening of interview day? The latest flight I found leaves Des Moines at 6:30pm interview day and I'm scared that's cutting it too close.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm driving with my dad (5 hour road trip)..but..Question for anyone who is interviewing: are you planning on flying out of Des Moines the evening of interview day? The latest flight I found leaves Des Moines at 6:30pm interview day and I'm scared that's cutting it too close.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
"Your 30-minute interview will be conducted by a panel of two or three people, which may include faculty, clinicians, and current DMU students. Generally, interviews end by 3:30 p.m., but if you need an interview early in the afternoon due to travel plans, we can accommodate your request with at least one week’s notice."
Maybe you can request to be placed on the earlier 30-min slot of 1:15-3:30pm. That way, you can ensure to be done with interviews at 2pm, and catch the 6:30?
I'm driving with my dad (5 hour road trip)..but..
"Your 30-minute interview will be conducted by a panel of two or three people, which may include faculty, clinicians, and current DMU students. Generally, interviews end by 3:30 p.m., but if you need an interview early in the afternoon due to travel plans, we can accommodate your request with at least one week’s notice."
Maybe you can request to be placed on the earlier 30-min slot of 1:15-3:30pm. That way, you can ensure to be done with interviews at 2pm, and catch the 6:30?
The airport is a quick drive from campus and their is little to no traffic with hardly any line at the airport. You'll be fine no matter what.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 177
- Views
- 61K
- Replies
- 601
- Views
- 159K
- Replies
- 855
- Views
- 184K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 232K