2017-2018 Des Moines University (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question for anyone who is interviewing: are you planning on flying out of Des Moines the evening of interview day? The latest flight I found leaves Des Moines at 6:30pm interview day and I'm scared that's cutting it too close.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The airport is 10-15 minutes from the school (plus an extra 5 minutes max during rush hour) and the security lines at the airport are a joke compared to normal airports. Most people here only arrive 1 hour before their flight. If your interview ends at 330/4, you'll have plenty of time to make your 630 flight.

Members don't see this ad.

Any fellow SDNers interviewing 9/1?

Reactions: 1 users
My app still says I have 6/7 of the supplemental items required. The only one that isn't complete is their review of my materials, but it has been 3 weeks tomorrow. Do I need to do anything or is this automatically updated?

Members don't see this ad :)
My app still says I have 6/7 of the supplemental items required. The only one that isn't complete is their review of my materials, but it has been 3 weeks tomorrow. Do I need to do anything or is this automatically updated?

Same thing happened to me. I sent them an email about it and they updated it quickly. Received a complete email shortly afterwards!

I am so excited to be applying to this school. Hoping to submit my application here tomorrow or so.

Just got an II as well!! I'm over the moon!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone happen to know approximately the interview:accepted ratio?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to check what day they scheduled for their interviews? I scheduled mine yesterday and don't remember which day I chose... lol

Does anyone know how to check what day they scheduled for their interviews? I scheduled mine yesterday and don't remember which day I chose... lol
No!! I e-mailed them cuz I forgot too hahaha!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if any of the school's current students hosts interviewees? I've heard that a lot of med schools do this. Anyone know?

They sent me an email after I scheduled a date titled "Your interview day registration has been received" with the date I chose

I haven't even received a complete email from Des Moines... :dead: I think I'll send them an email.

My DMU application seems silent as a tombstone. . .

Reactions: 4 users
Haha yikes! I mean I've gotten hits at other places both MD and DO so my stats aren't terrible. . . maybe my essay wasn't that compelling.

All of the data for comlex 1 is back for the most recent class to take the test. Class average of 591.

Again very student driven success but the school prepares well. Good luck in your interviews.

All of the data for comlex 1 is back for the most recent class to take the test. Class average of 591.

Again very student driven success but the school prepares well. Good luck in your interviews.

Wow. Where can we find this information?

For most of yall with II's, what's the turnaround time from complete email to II?

Any one submitted last week and have not received complete email?

Does anyone know if any of the school's current students hosts interviewees? I've heard that a lot of med schools do this. Anyone know?
Current student here. When I interviewed there was a first year student sitting in on the interview, she asked me a couple of questions. Not everyone who interviews will have a student present and it doesn't mean anything about your standing with the school if you do or don't have a student there (to my knowledge).

I scheduled my interview for Sept. 11, but something has come up and I need to change the date. This might just be me being paranoid, but how bad does it look if I need to reschedule my interview?

Current student here. When I interviewed there was a first year student sitting in on the interview, she asked me a couple of questions. Not everyone who interviews will have a student present and it doesn't mean anything about your standing with the school if you do or don't have a student there (to my knowledge).

Thanks for the response but I was referring to students letting interviewees crash at their place for the night before the interview haha.

II!!!! Complete 7/3. Re-applicant. GPA 3.5. MCAT 504. My DO letter came from an alumna of this school.
SO EXCITED!!!!!
Your stat is very competitive and you re applicant. Any advise if you can share.

Your stat is very competitive and you re applicant. Any advise if you can share.
My first MCAT attempt was poor so I decided to take a year off and work and retake the MCAT. Hopefully it works out this time :) let me know if there's any specific ques. you have.

II but I have 3 credits from AP Chem :( anyone know if they make any exceptions or am I out of luck?

First year DMU student here...this board helped me a lot when I was in the application cycle so if you have questions feel free to hit me up I'll try to answer them as best I can. I was non traditional (2 years off) 511 MCAT 3.5 gpas. Good luck to everyone this cycle

EDIT: Just got more information on the COMLEX rate for DMU...99.6% pass rate on level 1

Last edited:
Silence and complete since 7/11. I know they say up to 60 days but the suspense is killin' me. Anyone else hear anything this week yet?

Silence and complete since 7/11. I know they say up to 60 days but the suspense is killin' me. Anyone else hear anything this week yet?

A part of me dies each time someone posts up an II after they were complete two days prior.

Reactions: 3 users