2017-2018 Florida International University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently received an II and was wondering if anyone has any advice about the interviews at this school

Two short interviews, both of mine were super chilled out. Prepare your responses on why medicine, why FIU, and tell me about yourself and otherwise know your app inside and out. If anything, ponder on how your experiences fit with the mission statement and read up on the NHELP program and you will be set!
 
Two short interviews, both of mine were super chilled out. Prepare your responses on why medicine, why FIU, and tell me about yourself and otherwise know your app inside and out. If anything, ponder on how your experiences fit with the mission statement and read up on the NHELP program and you will be set!
Awesome, thank you!!!
 
Has anyone from the Dec 1st interview heard back yet? My status changed to complete around 12 but nothing yet... I'm really excited/ nervous and I could really see FIU being a great fit
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone from the Dec 1st interview heard back yet? My status changed to complete around 12 but nothing yet... I'm really excited/ nervous and I could really see FIU being a great fit
Mine also says completed today and I haven't heard anything yet, probably later today or tomorrow. I'm going to be a ball of anxiety until I hear...
 
Do you hear back the day of the Admissions Committee Review Completed status? Just noticed mine, interviewed 12/4
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it has been 6 months of silence for me and my app is still at "Secondary completed" does this school do silent rejections?
 
it has been 6 months of silence for me and my app is still at "Secondary completed" does this school do silent rejections?

n=1 but I sent an email asking if my app was at least complete since I never got a complete email. Got a generic email answer back but later that day I was called for an interview. Could be purely coincidental.
 
n=1 but I sent an email asking if my app was at least complete since I never got a complete email. Got a generic email answer back but later that day I was called for an interview. Could be purely coincidental.
I got the complete email the day I turned in the secondary but I dont if I should call. I feel like they'll tell me the generic "we're still reviewing"
 
Has anyone received an acceptance packet in the mail? I was accepted in November, and they said we'd get a packet. I haven't received anything..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview here this Friday - can anyone who has already interviewed give me any feedback about the interview day
 
I have an interview here this Friday - can anyone who has already interviewed give me any feedback about the interview day
It was 2 30minute interviews, open file (although I think they're blind to MCAT and GPA). Mine was super relaxed and very conversational.
 
Just received II here, very surprised but extremely happy to finally be offered an II in Florida (my home state). Anyone have insight into chances of being waitlisted vs. acceptance this late in the cycle?
Just for reference, I was complete back in September, but just made a big application update last week. I am thinking that's why I might have gotten an II.
 
Just received II here, very surprised but extremely happy to finally be offered an II in Florida (my home state). Anyone have insight into chances of being waitlisted vs. acceptance this late in the cycle?
Just for reference, I was complete back in September, but just made a big application update last week. I am thinking that's why I might have gotten an II.
People withdraw at all points during the cycle, therefore people will be accepted and waitlisted at all points during the cycle. I think you stand just a good a chance as anyone
 
Just received II here, very surprised but extremely happy to finally be offered an II in Florida (my home state). Anyone have insight into chances of being waitlisted vs. acceptance this late in the cycle?
Just for reference, I was complete back in September, but just made a big application update last week. I am thinking that's why I might have gotten an II.
An M2 during my interview day said she got accepted and she interviewed in the last interview day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, looking to crowdsource my LOI/update dilemma. Thanks in advance for any advice 🙂

I got placed on the waitlist on 1/9, and I've started writing an LOI, but I just received a II for another school in early March. It seems a little disingenuous to send an LOI when I haven't gone on all of my interviews yet (and receiving that one gave me hope for maybe 1 or 2 more, haha), but I loved this school so much and cannot anticipate choosing to go anywhere else for any reason other than money. Should I go ahead and complete my LOI and send it in now, or should I just write an update and save my LOI for when I'm sure this is definitely my top choice? I'm leaning towards just an update for now, but I wanted to know if anyone thought I should go ahead and send in my LOI and not worry about it.
 
Hey guys, looking to crowdsource my LOI/update dilemma. Thanks in advance for any advice 🙂

I got placed on the waitlist on 1/9, and I've started writing an LOI, but I just received a II for another school in early March. It seems a little disingenuous to send an LOI when I haven't gone on all of my interviews yet (and receiving that one gave me hope for maybe 1 or 2 more, haha), but I loved this school so much and cannot anticipate choosing to go anywhere else for any reason other than money. Should I go ahead and complete my LOI and send it in now, or should I just write an update and save my LOI for when I'm sure this is definitely my top choice? I'm leaning towards just an update for now, but I wanted to know if anyone thought I should go ahead and send in my LOI and not worry about it.
I think you're overthinking it. Whether or not you have other IIs is irrelevant if this school is your top choice. The point of a LOI is to communicate that to the adcom.