You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Georgetown University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got an email that my application is now complete and off to review. Looks like the issue is fixed!
Any suggestions answering why georgetown secondary question? I was able to write everything fitting half a page, single-spaced. I am having trouble thinking about things to write that is a page long.
Medical students at georgetown, why did you choose this school? What do you like about this school?
Medical students at georgetown, why did you choose this school? What do you like about this school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any suggestions answering why georgetown secondary question? I was able to write everything fitting half a page, single-spaced. I am having trouble thinking about things to write that is a page long.
Medical students at georgetown, why did you choose this school? What do you like about this school?
Double space that bad boy and you're money.
Double space that bad boy and you're money.
I saw in previous messages to single space it?
I saw in previous messages to single space it?
I did 1.5 spacing last year and received an interview. I figured since they receive something like the third most apps of any school, they'd appreciate brevity. With that being said, if you have more information you would like to put and you'd feel more comfortable having single spaced then feel free to do so. I clearly wasn't accepted off the waitlist, so my information should probably be taken with a grain of salt.
Last year I think they sent out first II July 14 - at least from last years allo thread on SDN. I hope I get one this week 😀
Yeah, did anyone else get the system maintenance email and see just see the sender and have a mini heart attack before you knew what it was?Last year I think they sent out first II July 14 - at least from last years allo thread on SDN. I hope I get one this week 😀
Yeah, did anyone else get the system maintenance email and see just see the sender and have a mini heart attack before you knew what it was?
Wrong school 😉. That was for George Washington.
Ah jeez.Wrong school 😉. That was for George Washington.
Interview Invite!!!
haha just kidding
haha just kidding
You're a piece of ****. Ha ha.Interview Invite!!!
haha just kidding
Based on last year's thread I thought they might go out today.
I hope my lor's are also outstanding! 😍Just checked again this morning and it still says my LORs are outstanding. Maybe this warrants a call to the admissions dept. It could just be lag in their system, something similar is happening with my secondary for wayne state.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But keep in mind that last year, AMCAS sent out the primaries to med school around June 24th, which is all out a week earlier than this year.You're a piece of ****. Ha ha.
Based on last year's thread I thought they might go out today.
Congratulations! Did you receive an e-mail or update in the portalII!!!!! First one omg so pumped! I submitted 6/30 and was complete 7/10!!!
Email! And for those curious the dates available were last week in august/first week in septemberCongratulations! Did you receive an e-mail or update in the portal
do we know if they send mass e-mails at the same time, or one by one?
Congrats! When did you receive your invite?
This morning! My heart definitely skipped a beat when I saw that email haha
So exciting!!! Was your application completed on 7/10 too?This morning! My heart definitely skipped a beat when I saw that email haha
So exciting!!! Was your application completed on 7/10 too?
Not the 10th, but a couple of days later!
I was complete on 7/10 but I guess I got passed over 

Congratulations! sorry for my ignorance on this but does "II" mean an interview?!II!!!!! First one omg so pumped! I submitted 6/30 and was complete 7/10!!!
Yep! Interview Invite 🙂Congratulations! sorry for my ignorance on this but does "II" mean an interview?!
AMAZING! Congrats!!!Yep! Interview Invite 🙂
+1 lolI was complete on 7/10 but I guess I got passed over![]()
Same:/ Stats are pretty low and was kinda expecting not to get one early if at all but still it kinda stings haha.+1 lol
Does anyone know if they do batches of II's and how far apart they might be ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+3 over here too. Congrats to those of you getting early invites!Same:/ Stats are pretty low and was kinda expecting not to get one early if at all but still it kinda stings haha.
Does anyone know if they do batches of II's and how far apart they might be ?
No news is good news is pretty much my motto during this entire process lol chant it like a mantraI just read through a lot of the thread from last year (aka torturing myself) and it looks like batches of rejections and a few IIs get handed out around the same time (mainly starting end of July). Looks like no news is good news. If you make it through the blood bath unscathed, you still have a shot for II later in the fall
Just got an II! Completed 7/10
I'm in the same boat. Committee letter is keeping me from being complete.So jealous of everyone. My damn committee letter hasn't even been sent yet so I've got a ways to go. Thanks pre health department.
Last edited:
II!!!! On cloud nine right now!
Submitted July 3rd! 3.71/511Can I ask when you got it?/What your stats were?
what time of the day today did you get it? like just this past hour?Submitted July 3rd! 3.71/511
Yes! 10:48am PSTwhat time of the day today did you get it? like just this past hour?
thats dope, congrats!!!what time of the day today did you get it? like just this past hour?
Interview invite received too!! Ahhhh I'm so excitedddd
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you guys sure none of your invites were accidentally meant to be sent to me?Interview invite received too!! Ahhhh I'm so excitedddd
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol I hope they will send them until 5:00 EST and I hope I get one today 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! Complete 7/10. Hopefully this one ends up better than that WL I'm still sitting on!
u got it just now? hopefully they are sending them in batches!II! Complete 7/10. Hopefully this one ends up better than that WL I'm still sitting on!
u got it just now? hopefully they are sending them in batches!
I believe they do. I think their firewall does that automatically or some other computer buzzword like that. I remember thinking I got passed over last year only to get an II later on. It honestly might have been the next day. I don't really remember.
For those of you who did I'm guessing Via email right?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K