2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
So has there still not been a wave of waitlist acceptances this month?

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't. Definitely was (am?) on the WL, but I never submitted any LOIs because I wasn't that interested haha. Maybe they saw through me since I wasn't playing their game.

Georgetown be like:
2efb7fdbcdae898c22208b27eb7659a5-d62kugp.gif

and like the good (read: desperate) applicant I am, I "judiciously" did so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same for me no email either.
Wasn’t playing their game with 3 other acceptances and a WL I liked more.

Update: got the email today. Will be withdrawing. Good luck all!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the first day of classes is this fall? GU said that they can accept students off of the waitlist up until the first day of classes, but I cannot find the date on their website.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the first day of classes is this fall? GU said that they can accept students off of the waitlist up until the first day of classes, but I cannot find the date on their website.
Not sure the exact date, but I believe its sometime early august!

Not sure the exact date, but I believe its sometime early august!
"
Class of 2022 White Coat Ceremony

Date: Friday, August 3rd, 2018

FREE parking is available in the Southwest Garage. Guests must indicate that they are there for the Medical School White Coat Ceremony and you must give the attendant a parking pass which will be distrubted during orientation. The address to put into your GPS device of choice for the SW Garage is 3611 Canal Road NW.

Reception to follow on the Podium at the back of the Medical-Dental Building"

You are correct

Also accepted! Sooo excited. LM 70. Waitlisted way back in October.

Good luck to everyone else.

Holy moly, just got the call from Dr. Mitchell!! Definitely caught me off guard, I am literally shaking. Interviewed September, waitlisted in November, sent in 2 updates and 1 letter of interest post-waitlist.

Looks like I have a tough decision to make now between Georgetown and my previous acceptance. Does anyone know how long we'll have to decide?
Congrats to all that have gotten accepted off the waitlist so far!!! :highfive:

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations to you all!!! Can you guys comment on letters you submitted post interview and dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you all!!! Can you guys comment on letters you submitted post interview and dates?

So after being waitlisted in November, I wanted to wait a bit to submit an update since I had submitted one pre-II and one post-II (a few weeks later) PRIOR to receiving my waitlist decision. I wanted to make my updates beefy and meaningful.

My first post-waitlist letter was sent at the end of January, the next one at the beginning of March, and the most recent one at the end of April. I didn't feel pressured to do all 5 by April 30 because they would have been a bit skimpy and not packed with meaningful material if I did so. I was going to submit another one between the middle and end of May if I didn't hear anything by that point.

My first two letters were mainly updates - research, volunteering, etc. - with a smaller blurb at the beginning stating that I'm still interested in Georgetown. My third and final letter was a letter of interest, stating why I liked Georgetown, why I want to go, why it would be a good fit for me, how I could contribute to the school, etc., with a small update of my research and volunteering at the end.

I hope this helps, and best of luck to you!

Accepted too! Does anyone know when the offer will be available on the portal/email?

GOT THE CALL TOO:) Sent in letter 4 Thursday last week. Waitlisted in October. Accepted today :)

Reactions: 4 users
GOT THE CALL!!!! I sent in 2 letters, one in February and one in March

Last edited:
Are there any M3 or M4 students who can speak about board prep and/or how hands-on the clinical training is? I'd also like to know how flexible the curriculum is aka if I wanted to take time to do research or global health, would I be able to do that?

If you're a current med student at Georgetown, can I also PM you with a few questions? Thanks!

People accepted off WL: did they say when you’d hear about FA packages? I would love to get in here and attend, but without an idea of the FA I really can’t say that I would be able to choose it. Also, It seems like the more recent update letters have helped with acceptance calls vs letters earlier on. I haven’t submitted anything since March so that might be a strike against me.

People accepted off WL: did they say when you’d hear about FA packages? I would love to get in here and attend, but without an idea of the FA I really can’t say that I would be able to choose it. Also, It seems like the more recent update letters have helped with acceptance calls vs letters earlier on. I haven’t submitted anything since March so that might be a strike against me.
If it is any consolation, I sent in letters in March, April, and May and heard nothing as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, has anyone accepted yesterday heard about financial aid?

Also, I know this has been asked already (I don't wanna go searching through this thread), but how can I find and be added to GUSOM 2022 FB group? Was just accepted so looking for living arrangements and roommates! Thanks!

Yes, has anyone accepted yesterday heard about financial aid?

Also, I know this has been asked already (I don't wanna go searching through this thread), but how can I find and be added to GUSOM 2022 FB group? Was just accepted so looking for living arrangements and roommates! Thanks!

Just search Georgetown SOM Class of 2022 and it should come up!

If it is any consolation, I sent in letters in March, April, and May and heard nothing as well.
Yea I submitted one letter in November pre-decision and then December, February, and April. Still haven’t heard anything. Am going to try to submit #4 soon

Last edited:
ugh me too, I've been trying to go along with the monthly suggestion, so will probably submit my next at the beginning of June

do you think it would affect our chance of getting off the waitlist if you apply for the 2019 cycle as well

Just withdrew my acceptance after getting in to my top choice program. Was definitely not easy, as Georgetown is a fantastic program and I loved the school and DC (and it was my first interview, which for some reason mattered to me lol).

Good luck to everyone waiting! Hopefully one of you gets my spot! :)

Just withdrew my acceptance after getting in to my top choice program. Was definitely not easy, as Georgetown is a fantastic program and I loved the school and DC (and it was my first interview, which for some reason mattered to me lol).

Good luck to everyone waiting! Hopefully one of you gets my spot! :)
Thanks!! Best of luck at OSU! Congrats again!

I was recently accepted off the waitlist and wanted to know how to apply for financial aid now at Georgetown? Is there a different process for those accepted off the waitlist since the deadline has passed?

Called the office and they said the class is filled up to capacity. I sent in 5/5 updates including multiple letters of intent but looks like it just wasn't meant to be :/

Called the office and they said the class is filled up to capacity. I sent in 5/5 updates including multiple letters of intent but looks like it just wasn't meant to be :/
It’s odd that they haven’t sent out an email or something stating that like they have seem to do in previous years.

Last edited:
Literally the worst news ever

I called and admissions said class isn't full until an official email is sent out

Looking for housing. Anyone who’s in the same boat feel free to PM me. I don’t have a FB so this is slightly harder.

GL all WLs.

received THE CALL last nightttt, don't lose hope yet!! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Have any of the people who got off the waitlist received financial aid info yet? I’m not sure whether I should be checking the portal thing or waiting for an email notifying us. Thanks

Also, did anyone get a letter in the mail with the acceptance or other info?

Have any of the people who got off the waitlist received financial aid info yet? I’m not sure whether I should be checking the portal thing or waiting for an email notifying us. Thanks

Also, did anyone get a letter in the mail with the acceptance or other info?
Financial aid info is available through MyAccess. The pre-matriculation tab on the portal should tell you how to log-in. I wasn't accepted from the WL, but I haven't received any correspondence via postal mail.

When’s the first day of classes for MS1 students?

Hi guys,
Currently applying this cycle and have started pre-writing my secondary for Gtown. Looking at the GW thread, I saw that the 1,000 character count DOES NOT include spaces. For those of you who wrote secondaries for Gtown this past year, did the count include or not include spaces?

Was accepted last Thursday! Georgetown has been one of my top choices but I decided not to take the offer. So there is still some hope!

Is GT receptive to ITA notifications? I have an II at GWU next month and tried to search this thread for people sending ITA but didnt really see anything. Was rejected from both GWU and GT last cycle so hopefully this means GT will show me some love too!

Who else is hoping for a phone call the day before classes start?

Reactions: 4 users
Got the “class if full” email..

Despite working so hard for this, I decided to say bye to medicine and hello to health consulting!!!!