-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Georgetown University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thread has some low activity over these last couple days. Any movement going on?
The same amount of movement as this thread
Does anyone know the %chance of acceptance after receiving an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's about 36%, last year they gave out 1011 interviews and gave 359 acceptances (2018 US News Data)Does anyone know the %chance of acceptance after receiving an II?
If my husband went to georgetown for graduate school (not MD but another school), would it be worthwhile mentioning in why georgetown?
I would not make that a reason to attend per se, but include it as part of a larger explanation. Something like "given that my husband attended X school at Georgetown, I have seen how Georgetown..."If my husband went to georgetown for graduate school (not MD but another school), would it be worthwhile mentioning in why georgetown?
I would not make that a reason to attend per se, but include it as part of a larger explanation. Something like "given that my husband attended X school at Georgetown, I have seen how Georgetown..."
Thanks, Mellie0 🙂
Wow so I guess we really need to rock their socks on interview day!!!It's about 36%, last year they gave out 1011 interviews and gave 359 acceptances (2018 US News Data)
Hey everyone, I found this thread immensely helpful last year so i thought I'd post for you guys.
First off, relax. I know its stressful, i applied last year, but do your best to take your mind off things. I submitted around this time last year and got the II in the first week of October ( my first one) for November. Ultimately i was wait listed in January and rejected this week, but I'm going somewhere else, so it worked out. Its a long cycle and it has only just started, so keep your heads up.
First off, relax. I know its stressful, i applied last year, but do your best to take your mind off things. I submitted around this time last year and got the II in the first week of October ( my first one) for November. Ultimately i was wait listed in January and rejected this week, but I'm going somewhere else, so it worked out. Its a long cycle and it has only just started, so keep your heads up.
mind sharing stats?Hey everyone, I found this thread immensely helpful last year so i thought I'd post for you guys.
First off, relax. I know its stressful, i applied last year, but do your best to take your mind off things. I submitted around this time last year and got the II in the first week of October ( my first one) for November. Ultimately i was wait listed in January and rejected this week, but I'm going somewhere else, so it worked out. Its a long cycle and it has only just started, so keep your heads up.
Haha the classic question. Lm ~70.mind sharing stats?
Yeah... and I don't really know WHY it's such a common question. Everyone getting interviews has had wildly different "stats," and above a certain point it seems like schools base their decisions primarily on other factors (EC's, primary and secondary essays, URM, etc). People will get interviews who have better stats than you, but people will also get interviews who have much worse stats than you.Haha the classic question. Lm ~70.
Do you meet the mission and vision of the school? Do you have good extracurriculars? This seems to be more important above a certain stat threshold.
Yeah... and I don't really know WHY it's such a common question. Everyone getting interviews has had wildly different "stats," and above a certain point it seems like schools base their decisions primarily on other factors (EC's, primary and secondary essays, URM, etc). People will get interviews who have better stats than you, but people will also get interviews who have much worse stats than you.
Do you meet the mission and vision of the school? Do you have good extracurriculars? This seems to be more important above a certain stat threshold.
You're right on the money haha. And what some schools like, others don't, so it's hard to tell. Honestly my EC's were nothing special ( standard research, standard volunteering etc...), but I felt like I did a good job on my why Georgetown essay which probably helped. I also went to a Jesuit school which helped my essay too.
At this point just make sure you really read up on the website and be honest about what you like about the school and it's mission.
Submitted secondary! Georgetown is in my top 3 med schools, so I'm nervous. 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted secondary! Georgetown is in my top 3 med schools, so I'm nervous.![]()
Good luck!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Good luck!!!
Thanks, and good luck to you as well!
Did anyone else go to a Catholic college and lean on that pretty hard in the "caring about the whole person" essay? (Full disclaimer I'm not very religious; I just talked about the values.) I was honestly surprised how much Georgetown emphasized their Catholic/Jesuit background on their website. Certainly the undergrad university doesn't have that Notre Dame reputation for being super Catholic.
Did anyone else go to a Catholic college and lean on that pretty hard in the "caring about the whole person" essay? (Full disclaimer I'm not very religious; I just talked about the values.) I was honestly surprised how much Georgetown emphasized their Catholic/Jesuit background on their website. Certainly the undergrad university doesn't have that Notre Dame reputation for being super Catholic.
I went to a Jesuit school for undergrad and definitely emphasized it and incorporated the service I did at my institution that follows their mission
Omg dude congrats. You give me hope, I submitted 7/11 I think and still no wordII!
Secondary Submitted 7/12
Congrats!!!!! When were you verified on amcas?II!
Secondary Submitted 7/12
Congrats!!!!! When were you verified on amcas?
7/7!
Any current students with interview advice?
II 8/11 (complete 7/19).
All dates were for first and second week in October. With that said, if anyone else is interviewing sometime in that time frame and wants to message me - I was thinking if we are interviewing the same day, we could split a hotel room the night before. Just a thought, not sure if this is really a thing though.
All dates were for first and second week in October. With that said, if anyone else is interviewing sometime in that time frame and wants to message me - I was thinking if we are interviewing the same day, we could split a hotel room the night before. Just a thought, not sure if this is really a thing though.
Hi all,
Is it safe to say if I applied to Georgetown on 7/17 and haven't received an II, then I'm rejected for this cycle?
This is my third time applying..
LM: ~69
I'm non-traditional and have lots of research.
Is it safe to say if I applied to Georgetown on 7/17 and haven't received an II, then I'm rejected for this cycle?
This is my third time applying..
LM: ~69
I'm non-traditional and have lots of research.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Hi all,
Is it safe to say if I applied to Georgetown on 7/17 and haven't received an II, then I'm rejected for this cycle?
This is my third time applying..
uGPA- 3.63 gradGPA- 3.8 (Master's in Chemistry) MCAT- 513
I'm non-traditional and have lots of research.
I haven't received a II either complete 7/10. Always can be hopeful? I think I saw in last year's thread someone received an II in the beginning of September (complete early/mid july)
Thanks. I currently work at NIH so getting into Georgetown would be a dream .. but I feel like at this point it's not going to happen. I haven't gotten an II anywhere and I feel like so many other's have.
I think it's way too early to be worried for any school, including Georgetown. They seem like they've been really fast for app review for some people but they interview ~1000 people out of their applicant pool and there is no way they've sent out all those invites yet. The cycle is long, and if you lose hope now, it's going to feel even longer.
Hi all,
Is it safe to say if I applied to Georgetown on 7/17 and haven't received an II, then I'm rejected for this cycle?
This is my third time applying..
uGPA- 3.63 gradGPA- 3.8 (Master's in Chemistry) MCAT- 513
I'm non-traditional and have lots of research.
1. please
2. it's only august
3. invites are sent out for several more months
4. many applicants haven't even completed secondaries yet
5. your mcat is great
6. the rest of your app will depend on the improvement you showed since last cycles
7. don't be so hard on yourself
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. please
2. it's only august
3. invites are sent out for several more months
4. many applicants haven't even completed secondaries yet
5. your mcat is great
6. the rest of your app will depend on the improvement you showed since last cycles
7. don't be so hard on yourself
Thank you all for the support! I know patience is key. Here's to hoping we all get good news!
Thank you all for the support! I know patience is key. Here's to hoping we all get good news!
I was complete 7/15 and silence.
Thank you all for the support! I know patience is key. Here's to hoping we all get good news!
Have you received any IIs yet from any other schools?
Have you received any IIs yet from any other schools?
No, I haven't
Got a II here yesterday. Completely unexpected but I'm so happy. For everyone who hasn't heard back yet, just remember that georgetown is early to reject, so if you haven't gotten a rejection you are still in it. (They liberally send out rejections starting in late july based on previous year threads). I don't think complete date is even an easy way to gauge where they are here. Keep your heads up!
Are the first interviews at the end of August or beginning of September? Looking forward to hearing others' experiences!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
From looking at previous cycles, the first week is the last week of august, Dr. Rock.Are the first interviews at the end of August or beginning of September? Looking forward to hearing others' experiences!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Submitted my secondary and then when I realized I accidentally loaded the .docx file instead of pdf. Do you think I'm going into an automatic reject pile?
Submitted my secondary and then when I realized I accidentally loaded the .docx file instead of pdf. Do you think I'm going into an automatic reject pile?
I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I might have uploaded the .docx file instead of pdf too. I'm not sure. It's been awhile but I checked again and it states .ashx extension. I can still open it and the format of the essay is unchanged.
For liberally handing out rejection early on, i haven't seen any on this thread...Got a II here yesterday. Completely unexpected but I'm so happy. For everyone who hasn't heard back yet, just remember that georgetown is early to reject, so if you haven't gotten a rejection you are still in it. (They liberally send out rejections starting in late july based on previous year threads). I don't think complete date is even an easy way to gauge where they are here. Keep your heads up!
For liberally handing out rejection early on, i haven't seen any on this thread...
Read through last years thread, so many rejections around September. Pretty terrifying, someone narrated it like a horror movie
Would anyone be willing to read my diversity essay? I wrote about a hobby of mine and I like it but I'm also a re-applicant so I'm really doubting myself here 😱.
Would anyone be willing to read my diversity essay? I wrote about a hobby of mine and I like it but I'm also a re-applicant so I'm really doubting myself here 😱.
I can look at it!
For liberally handing out rejection early on, i haven't seen any on this thread...
If you look at previous years, you will see that georgetown hands out rejections early and often.
And thus begins the feeling of impending doom...If you look at previous years, you will see that georgetown hands out rejections early and often.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And thus begins the feeling of impending doom...
I was rejected like 3 cycles ago at the very beginning of August, only a couple days after being complete. By still being in the running you're doing well 🙂
Hey guys! Trying to decide if applying here is would actually get me anywhere. On their website says, they highly focus on BCPM GPA (which is good news for me). But I am concerned my cGPA might get me rejected quite fast. My cGPA is 3.25, my BPCM is 3.8 and my MCAT is 513. Lots of clinical hours, ECs are great, 3 years of work experience after undergrad, and a Master's degree (GPA not included in cGPA - with Master's GPA, cGPA would go up to 3.4 but not sure if they include that).
Should I apply with my cGPA?? Thanks!
Should I apply with my cGPA?? Thanks!
.
Last edited:
Congrats! Which dates were available when you were selecting your interview date, if you don't mind sharing?Just got an II this morning. Love Georgetown. I received the secondary 7/1 and submitted 7/7.
3.62 GPA, 519 MCAT, and ECs that align well with Georgetown's mission.
.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K