2017-2018 Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me three!!!!! Howard hopeful!!
Let's get is class of 2022!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
***Howard Hopeful****

Hi all, how late is too late for Howard? I'm taking a September MCAT which means technically won't get score till October.

Still waiting for that Secondary from Howard haha!

Love the DC area, hoping I get some love from Howard!

EDIT: Also found this on their website, the first Invitation to complete the HUCM secondary will be mailed on or about August 15.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Joining the Club!! *Howard 2022*

Last edited:
Hi all, how late is too late for Howard? I'm taking a September MCAT which means technically won't get score till October.
Crosscheck "latest date" with school or AMCAS application service and make sure to submit application as soon as it is complete. Best of luck!

Preliminary secondary email received! 2more weeks!!

interviewing just about 300 people? Out of about 2000 applicants? Damn

Right, they did a nice job making the process scarier lol. But I think most schools are like that, they just don't say it lol

Random question for you, with your stats are you applying to more Ivy league/similar schools or more schools similar to Howard?
Lol Ditto. them stats got me shooketh.

Reactions: 2 users
Do we expect secondary questions to change from last year?

Do we expect secondary questions to change from last year?

Not too sure, because the email says "We are currently making changes to the HUCM Admissions website and to the HUCM secondary". This doesn't necessarily mean the essays but it can.

Not too sure, because the email says "We are currently making changes to the HUCM Admissions website and to the HUCM secondary". This doesn't necessarily mean the essays but it can.
Being able to pre-write now would be nice.

Random question for you, with your stats are you applying to more Ivy league/similar schools or more schools similar to Howard?
Above, within and below my stats!

interviewing just about 300 people? Out of about 2000 applicants? Damn
Well, you've ALMOST got a 50/50 shot if you make it to the interview round. That's gotta be good news. HAHA!

I know it's way early in the game, but, if offered an interview, how are y'all deciding which schools to fly/drive out to?

Well, you've ALMOST got a 50/50 shot if you make it to the interview round. That's gotta be good news. HAHA!

I know it's way early in the game, but, if offered an interview, how are y'all deciding which schools to fly/drive out to?
I will be attending every interview as money allows, unless I get into one of my top 5 schools early then I'll start turning II's down. HBU?

I will be attending every interview as money allows, unless I get into one of my top 5 schools early then I'll start turning II's down. HBU?
I agree and same for me.

I'll get the money from somewhere and go...I'll just be grateful to go lol

This is one of my main concern, how to decide and pay for traveling to the interview invites. I guess it might be nothing to worry about until I actually start receiving them. Other than that I'm guessing I'm going to 100% of invites unless, or up until, an in-state school (Texas) offers me an acceptance.

One more DAY!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Still waiting for that Secondary Howard hopeful

I got a message saying they'll release them next Monday

Reactions: 2 users