You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Howard University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It’s funny, but ridiculous how they make these lists and now they uncertain of everything. I’ll call them today.Nope. Regular waitlist.
One of my friends got accepted off the strong alternate waitlist earlier this week so I guess the WL is still moving, albeit rather slowly.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow!! Congrats to them!One of my friends got accepted off the strong alternate waitlist earlier this week so I guess the WL is still moving, albeit rather slowly.
Guys I just called and sadly I don’t have better news. I asked questions like how many people are left on the lists, how much movement has happened, how many seats, if any, are currently open, if everyone on the strong waitlist are expected to get in. They just kept giving answers like.. “that’s inside information, sorry I can’t tell you that” but “the movement has been sought of slpw lately, but just hang in there”
Aaahhh!!!
Aaahhh!!!
Thankfully, yes. 🙂Did you get into others?
For those accepted, have you been contacted about financial aid information yet?
I contacted Dr. Aitcheson a week ago and she said "We are still setting up the system for the 18-19 financial aid packaging". Based on this statement, it probably means it's still in the works. I got accepted on 02/23/18 and I still have not yet received my financial aid info. Dr. Aitcheson is responsive to her emails, so if you have a financial aid question, feel free to message her. She seems really nice!For those accepted, have you been contacted about financial aid information yet?
Just received an official "we are no longer extending interview dates for admission to the 2018 entering class"
lol, I got accepted else where, but thanks for the notification, Howard. 😀
lol, I got accepted else where, but thanks for the notification, Howard. 😀
+1Just received an official "we are no longer extending interview dates for admission to the 2018 entering class"
lol, I got accepted else where, but thanks for the notification, Howard. 😀
Just received an official "we are no longer extending interview dates for admission to the 2018 entering class"
lol, I got accepted else where, but thanks for the notification, Howard. 😀
+2
Has anyone heard or know of anyone that has been accepted lately?
i called to check on waitlist status, and they told me that i still had a chance but to research post bacc programs....so...
Wow... are you in the strong waitlist too?i called to check on waitlist status, and they told me that i still had a chance but to research post bacc programs....so...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called yesterday. They told me that there will likely be no more movement on the waitlist.
can someone give me instructions on how to apply for the bs/md program? i know you apply as a freshman on the common app, but there nowhere to indicate that i want to be considered for the dual degree? do i have to apply to med school as well or?
BS/MD students typically apply to Howard’s College of Arts and Sciences as a Biology or Chem major and interview to be accepted to the program. You won’t apply for med school until your sophomore year of college. Contact Howard’s Pre-professional Office for more info on the process: [email protected]can someone give me instructions on how to apply for the bs/md program? i know you apply as a freshman on the common app, but there nowhere to indicate that i want to be considered for the dual degree? do i have to apply to med school as well or?
are these the only 4 questionsAlso, what the character limit?
Can we really join Greek life (the black sororities) as Med Students in this med school (aka, delta, etc. ) ?Hi! The application process is pretty long. I sent in my secondary a couple of days after it was sent, received an interview invite on October 14th and interviewed on one of the first interview dates in late October. I was accepted on December 19th. So that is pretty much the earliest things will happen. The majority of the people interviewed later and were accepted later.
would you still recommend us to attend howard?For those of you who are anxious about your secondaries,
I am a Howard undergrad alumna and my advice to you is: RELAX. As stated before, Howard is very disorganized and understaffed. I know this for fact because I use to work in the College of Medicine.
If you are stressing out this early, please stop. It's not beneficial to you and it's not going to make the process move any faster
Nah. I think there’s a Kappa grad chapter but everything else is for undergrads. Look into some of the grad chapters in the area.Can we really join Greek life (the black sororities) as Med Students in this med school (aka, delta, etc. ) ?
Hi
For those who were accepted ( especially those who had an early interview in SEPT/OCT, what was your GPA and MCAT.
Just trying to gauge my chances. Received and II today. I know early is a good sign, just trying to gather information.
I have 3.8c. 3.69 s. 504 low cars
For those who were accepted ( especially those who had an early interview in SEPT/OCT, what was your GPA and MCAT.
Just trying to gauge my chances. Received and II today. I know early is a good sign, just trying to gather information.
I have 3.8c. 3.69 s. 504 low cars
Hi, does anyone know how Howard feels about non-trads? It's been 14 years since i graduated college so obviously i don't have any science profs to write LORs for me. All 3 are from MDs I've worked with over the past 17 years that can speak to my experience. Just wondering if it's worth doing a secondary??
Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
I would call them and speak to someone in admissions.Hi, does anyone know how Howard feels about non-trads? It's been 14 years since i graduated college so obviously i don't have any science profs to write LORs for me. All 3 are from MDs I've worked with over the past 17 years that can speak to my experience. Just wondering if it's worth doing a secondary??
Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
Sounds good, will doI would call them and speak to someone in admissions.
Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
I've decided to apply to HUCOM this year and am wondering if you guys have heard what the process would be like for those applying this late. By most standards, I am not an extremely competitive applicant. I will have my first semester's transcript from my master's program in December and I am re-taking my MCAT in January (497 was the last score). GPA is standard (possibly below standard since I just realized they include my community college transcript from HIGH SCHOOL - in which I earned and overall 2.5 GPA).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K