2017-2018 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do y’all think they would be receptive to an email asking for their list of clinical rotation sites? Can’t find this info on their website but am curious about the hospitals and residency program affiliations
They should be receptive! I was going to email them today too and ask

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to add that I just got an email from them. They accepted 18 of the 24 who interviewed. 17 of them were Idaho residents.

That being said, looks like a lot of people’s predictions on this thread were correct. They want to fill their class with 150-160. They interview 24 people a week. So to do that, I would say that those of you who are interviewing have a greater than 50% chance of being accepted. Im sure it goes down as more weeks pass, but if you have an interview it seems like you have a good chance!

Reactions: 4 users
I would like to add that I just got an email from them. They accepted 18 of the 24 who interviewed. 17 of them were Idaho residents.

That being said, looks like a lot of people’s predictions on this thread were correct. They want to fill their class with 150-160. They interview 24 people a week. So to do that, I would say that those of you who are interviewing have a greater than 50% chance of being accepted. Im sure it goes down as more weeks pass, but if you have an interview it seems like you have a good chance!
They sent you an email stating how many they accepted and where they were from?

Also we’re those numbers for the first few II sessions consisting of mostly of those from their mission states or no

Now I am freaking out. I am from East Coast.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted early Jan. From the Northeast. Stats cGPA: 3.58 sGPA 3.3 MCAT 500 (but CARS was 122). Any insight/thoughts on chance of interview?

Submitted early Jan. From the Northeast. Stats cGPA: 3.58 sGPA 3.3 MCAT 500 (but CARS was 122). Any insight/thoughts on chance of interview?

I got an interview and my CARS is 123 lol. Also far from the region.

Reactions: 1 user
When did you submit? I submitted mine 1/2 and still no response...:(

Received an email saying they got my primary 12/18. II on 1/3

can anyone clarify this for me. If they interview 24 a week from lets say Jan 8 until the end of march/ beginning of april then they would have interviewed about 290 people give or take. I was looking at other class threads and they said that schools, especially the new ones will send acceptances for around double their class size to account for people dropping their school for other schools. If the class size is around 160, and they accept double their class size then this school would theoretically have to accept everyone from their interviews from january to march/april. I understand that they may interview later than march/april but it would still only be a few people over. am i missing something becasue this seems a little too good to be true.

can anyone clarify this for me. If they interview 24 a week from lets say Jan 8 until the end of march/ beginning of april then they would have interviewed about 290 people give or take. I was looking at other class threads and they said that schools, especially the new ones will send acceptances for around double their class size to account for people dropping their school for other schools. If the class size is around 160, and they accept double their class size then this school would theoretically have to accept everyone from their interviews from january to march/april. I understand that they may interview later than march/april but it would still only be a few people over. am i missing something becasue this seems a little too good to be true.
lets hope so man

No, your math is good, I came to the same conclusion. I just don't think ICOM will have to accept 2x the number of students. Most people this cycle already know where they are going & aren't even applying to ICOM. The majority applying to ICOM aren't accepted anywhere & don't have anymore interviews so if accepted they will go, i.e. ICOM isn't competing much with other schools. Yes, some will get off waitlists or hear back from schools that are taking their sweet time, but most won't. Long story short, because of a limited applicant pool & the uncertainty of how many of their accepted applicants will go elsewhere, I think ICOM will feel pressure to keep their acceptance rate above 50%. One thing I can't estimate is the size or quality of the applicant pool, if it's high enough ICOM could just increase the # of applicants it interviews every week.

Reactions: 3 users
Agreed with the above. At this point, if people are interviewing at ICOM, MOST LIKELY it is because they will attend there. It is so late in the cycle, that most applicants will have been accepted somewhere. So I dont think they will have to send out as many acceptances as a school would in a FULL cycle

Agreed with the above. At this point, if people are interviewing at ICOM, MOST LIKELY it is because they will attend there. It is so late in the cycle, that most applicants will have been accepted somewhere. So I dont think they will have to send out as many acceptances as a school would in a FULL cycle
So about how many acceptances you think then ? 200?

Got an email that wasn't a rejection, but not an II either. Stated that I was still being considered in the applicant pool.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email that wasn't a rejection, but not an II either. Stated that I was still being considered in the applicant pool.
I had something similar happen. They said they wanted my transcript to show my degree awarded so I have to wait until that is updated in AACOMAS

same.
when I called them for more information, they said they will continuously compare with the application pool. I asked them how long they will be interviewing and I was told that they will interview until mid march, and than start interviews for their waitlist.

same.

when I called them for more information, they said they will continuously compare with the application pool. I asked them how long they will be interviewing and I was told that they will interview until mid march, and than start interviews for their waitlist.
That's really good to know. Thanks for sharing!

same.

anyone flying in tomorrow?

I had something similar happen. They said they wanted my transcript to show my degree awarded so I have to wait until that is updated in AACOMAS

The exact same thing happened to me. I had to call my school and pay to have them send a new transcript (with the degree date on it) to AACOMAS, which took 2.5 weeks. Then I had to separately call ICOM and tell them the transcript had been updated. Then they took me off hold :)

Mid march? That's only 10 weeks of interviewing, that's 240 applicants, which requires an average acceptance rate of 67.5% and probably a little higher since a few people won't make it. Pretty good odds, 2 out of 3. Oh and yeah ACCOMAS takes 10 business days to update your transcripts which is almost 2 weeks, a ridiculous amount of time and would never happen if they actually had to compete for the money they extort from students.

Last edited:
Heyo!

Interviewed 1/17, accepted 1/19 and I'm from california. Has anyone started a facebook group? I tried looking but didnt find anything, if not I'll start one :)

Good luck to everyone applying/interviewing soon.

Reactions: 10 users
Heyo!

Interviewed 1/17, accepted 1/19 and I'm from california. Has anyone started a facebook group? I tried looking but didnt find anything, if not I'll start one :)

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats and any thoughts you might have about ICOM or your fellow interviewees?

Last edited:
Will be cancelling my interview here. Best of luck to y’all moving forward!

Heyo!

Congrats on your acceptance!!

I had a quick question regarding the interview day. I have an interview scheduled for the 31st of this month and I'm currently in the process of buying my airplane ticket, and I found a really great deal on a ticket, but the return flight is at 4:25 pm. I'm not sure if I'll be cutting it too short. On the email I received from ICOM, it states that the interview day will conclude after we tour the campus, at about 3:15 pm. Did you guys indeed toured the campus? It is my understanding that the building is still under construction.

Congrats on your acceptance!!

I had a quick question regarding the interview day. I have an interview scheduled for the 31st of this month and I'm currently in the process of buying my airplane ticket, and I found a really great deal on a ticket, but the return flight is at 4:25 pm. I'm not sure if I'll be cutting it too short. On the email I received from ICOM, it states that the interview day will conclude after we tour the campus, at about 3:15 pm. Did you guys indeed toured the campus? It is my understanding that the building is still under construction.
They take you to the construction site on a little tour bus. And then they show you a few sites in the city. We got done by about 2:15.

They take you to the construction site on a little tour bus. And then they show you a few sites in the city. We got done by about 2:15.
Thank you so much for the information!!

Heyo!

congrats!! I was hoping they'd show some love to california, i'm from there as well and have an interview coming up lol congrats again!!

What is your stats?

I have weird stats - but 3.2 cumulative, and 2.7 science. I finished a masters degree with a 3.8 and retook organic chemistry. So great upward trends. 500 on the MCAT, approaching 3000 scribe hours, 400 patient transport and lots of leadership and volunteer roles.

To anyone accepted and planning to attend, I created a facebook group so we can all connect ahead of time. Message me privately and we can figure out together how to get everyone added to the group haha