2017-2018 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do any of you guys with II today mind sharing your stats?

OOS, not in their preferred region
LizzyM 63
1000+ hours scribe

Submitted 12/24
They confirmed app review on 1/2
Interview invite 1/12

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing on January 17th. If anyone would like to get together the night before please PM me. :)

Congrats! I think that makes you the first one on this thread! :):):):)
Congratulations! Did alot of people get rejected? Do you remember what they asked during your interview? Do they ask rhetorical questions to see how you would react in emergency situations?

Congratulations! Did alot of people get rejected? Do you remember what they asked during your interview? Do they ask rhetorical questions to see how you would react in emergency situations?
I am not sure how many got rejected. I feel like my application was basically what they were looking for. Interview was a lot of specific questions about my application. They wanted me to expound on stuff from my personal statement or ECs. I didnt get any emergency situation questions, but they have a lot of different people who do the interviews so who knows.

I am not sure how many got rejected. I feel like my application was basically what they were looking for. Interview was a lot of specific questions about my application. They wanted me to expound on stuff from my personal statement or ECs. I didnt get any emergency situation questions, but they have a lot of different people who do the interviews so who knows.
Anyone else flying in on the 21st would like to meet up?

My guess is if you have an interview in Jan-Feb (or even March), the acceptance rate will be really high with them getting a late start. If they're interviewing 12 applicants 2x a week, they would have to accept nearly 6-7 weeks worth of applicants just to fill the class once. Then you'll have some people withdrawing if they're accepted off the waitlist at other schools so I'm sure ICOM will have to hand out far more than 160 acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users
My guess is if you have an interview in Jan-Feb (or even March), the acceptance rate will be really high with them getting a late start. If they're interviewing 12 applicants 2x a week, they would have to accept nearly 6-7 weeks worth of applicants just to fill the class once. Then you'll have some people withdrawing if they're accepted off the waitlist at other schools so I'm sure ICOM will have to hand out far more than 160 acceptances.
This seems about right to me

I'm hoping you're right haha second time applying and i got an interview on feb 7...good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
So happy to be able to say the word.... ACCEPTED! And truly blown away by this school. Really blew other schools out of the water.

Reactions: 5 users
So happy to be able to say the word.... ACCEPTED! And truly blown away by this school. Really blew other schools out of the water.
Out of curiosity which schools

I got accepted on Friday. I really thought PNWU was my top choice until I interviewed at ICOM. I like COMP NW and A. T. Still in Arizona too, but still ICOM has them beat.

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted on Friday. I really thought PNWU was my top choice until I interviewed at ICOM. I like COMP NW and A. T. Still in Arizona too, but still ICOM has them beat.
I'm curious how you reached that conclusion, considering the unknowns. What was your reasoning?

You were a shoe in at ICOM. See you in the fall!

I too am considering ICOM alongside some older/more established schools, so I would love to hear what stood out to you at ICOM versus other schools

I'm curious how you reached that conclusion, considering the unknowns. What was your reasoning?
I interviewed at PNWU in October and loved it. Also attended their open house/recruitment event. I attended the recruitment event for Western U COMP NW as well, and my friend was accepted to the school a couple months back. Both of these schools had missions that lined up with what I wanted out of an education. Both have some really attractive features. In my opinion ICOM embodies all of these attractive features the other schools have, and then some.

I interviewed at PNWU in October and loved it. Also attended their open house/recruitment event. I attended the recruitment event for Western U COMP NW as well, and my friend was accepted to the school a couple months back. Both of these schools had missions that lined up with what I wanted out of an education. Both have some really attractive features. In my opinion ICOM embodies all of these attractive features the other schools have, and then some.

Aren't you concerned about getting approved for private student loans the first two years? Especially since you have acceptances at two established schools where you can get federal loans? I'm just curious. :) Maybe the process is easier than I think? Did ICOM speak to that aspect at all?

Aren't you concerned about getting approved for private student loans the first two years? Especially since you have acceptances at two established schools where you can get federal loans? I'm just curious. :) Maybe the process is easier than I think? Did ICOM speak to that aspect at all?
Curious about this too

They had a whole financial aid presentation and are going to do everything they can to find good deals for the students. Wells Fargo had something where your loan doesnt accrue any interest during residency. So they are out shopping around and are going to have a site where you compare and contrast the different loans. Obviously with private loans you will want a good credit score, but after hearing them talk about it I am not concerned. Itll be the first 2 years.

Also I want to go into FM, which has tons of repayment options incorporated into job contracts, so itll allll be good.

Congrats to those who have been accepted!

Just curious as to what you guys think, I grew up in Idaho but I am currently living in Oregon and I applied when they first opened applications in December. I have a 498 MCAT and a 3.4 gpa, but I haven't heard from them yet. Do any of you think I should email them and see whats up, or continue to (im)patiently wait for an update?

Just curious as to what you guys think, I grew up in Idaho but I am currently living in Oregon and I applied when they first opened applications in December. I have a 498 MCAT and a 3.4 gpa, but I haven't heard from them yet. Do any of you think I should email them and see whats up, or continue to (im)patiently wait for an update?
I would email. Nothing to lose. Your stats are decent too

Email them! they are very receptive to emails :)

Rejected pre II. 3.2 s, 3.3 c, 510. Northeasterner.

Good luck all!

Good luck all!
200w.gif

Reactions: 8 users
let's just say I have a checkered academic past. don't read too much into my rejection. if anything I just wanted to share my bad luck and the fact that they are doing pre II rejections.

Reactions: 2 users
let's just say I have a checkered academic past. don't read too much into my rejection. if anything I just wanted to share my bad luck and the fact that they are doing pre II rejections.
Thanks for letting us all know. But that is insane! Your MCAT is waaaay above average. Makes no sense o_O

Thanks for letting us all know. But that is insane! Your MCAT is waaaay above average. Makes no sense o_O
Word like i'm from the northeast, mcat not a 510, and interviewing next week. This is making me scared I hope I don't go all the way here to get interviewed and get my hopes up to be rejected :(

Reactions: 3 users
Word like i'm from the northeast, mcat not a 510, and interviewing next week. This is making me scared I hope I don't go all the way here to get interviewed and get my hopes up to be rejected :(

Same here! I interview 2/7... really hoping they wouldn't make us travel all the way there just to reject us based off our primary application stats

Is it possible one of your recommendation writers stabbed you in the back? Also, how long ago was it that you had a weak semester? Upward trends are overlooked if they are consistent, but inconsistency makes someone a risk.

also not to be rude to you but we dont know if he/shehas any other outstanding issues with the app

I have an interview on February 22nd. Non-traditional northeast applicant with 509 mcat, 3.51 sgpa, 3.57 cgpa. Does anybody have any advice for me for the interview

I have an interview on February 22nd. Non-traditional northeast applicant with 509 mcat, 3.51 sgpa, 3.57 cgpa. Does anybody have any advice for me for the interview
If you don’t mind me asking have you not gotten in anywhere else your numbers are pretty high for such a new school

If you don’t mind me asking have you not gotten in anywhere else your numbers are pretty high for such a new school
Yeah I have been unable to receive an acceptance yet. I interviewed at PCOM, RowanSOM, and DMU. Decided to broaden my horizons a little bit

what hotel did everyone stay at and is there a shuttle from this hotel to the school?

Good luck all!

reading this is making me worry....I applied here with a gpa below yours and a MCAT way below yours and I am also from the Northeast but I got an interview invite. I hope they are indeed looking at applicants holistically and that I have a decent chance to get in because plane tickets, hotels, time off from work, etc adds up lol.

if you have been invited to interview don't worry about my rejection lol. worry about how you will convince your interviewers that you will succeed in medical school given your current academic record.

seriously, if they're interviewing you it's your seat to lose. come prepared!

Reactions: 4 users
Do y’all think they would be receptive to an email asking for their list of clinical rotation sites? Can’t find this info on their website but am curious about the hospitals and residency program affiliations