2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II for KC campus, complete 7/29!!! The wait was worth it haha, congrats to all those who just got IIs as well!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
For those who got interviews and are saying the complete dates, is that the date of the official complete and under review e-mail or is that when you submitted your secondary? I submitted nearly 2 weeks ago and just got a complete e-mail so not sure if I'll be waiting quite a bit longer still
Usually people put their complete dates for this reason. Your application isn't really under review until it's complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! When were y'all complete?

I submitted primary here early in July.
On 7/25 got an email saying my app was going under further review
On 8/11 I received the secondary
On 8/16 Submitted the secondary
On 8/16 I received an email saying my app was complete and to allow up to 6 weeks for a response
On 8/23 I got that sweet, beautiful, amazing, precious, wonderful, fantastic, incredible, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious II.

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted primary here early in July.
On 7/25 got an email saying my app was going under further review
On 8/11 I received the secondary
On 8/16 Submitted the secondary
On 8/16 I received an email saying my app was complete and to allow up to 6 weeks for a response
On 8/23 I got that sweet, beautiful, amazing, precious, wonderful, fantastic, incredible, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious II.
Any special connections to the school? I was complete the same day.

Last edited:
WHen were you complete

On 8/4.

Yeah, looking at the dates I don't think I'll be interviewing. Good luck to everyone that is/has interviewed and I hope most of you all get in!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
KCUCOM > CUSOM I've heard but idk. Choose wisely since its still early in the application cycle

how about you? Why are you turning it down?

Considering that CUSOM's first graduating class had the 11th highest board scores of all DO schools and great pass rates, I think it's a little too early to tell. It's a bit unfair to compare and old school to a new school like that. But in a couple of years with more stats I'm sure Campbell will hold its own.

KCUCOM > CUSOM I've heard but idk. Choose wisely since its still early in the application cycle

how about you? Why are you turning it down?
I have an ACOM acceptance I'm happy with. KCU is too north for me. North = snow = no thanks

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Ahhh, congrats to all those with IIs! I was complete 8/11, but they seem to be all over the place with the order they're sending out IIs.

Please KCU send me some love :whistle:

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the people that are interviewing in Joplin, where are you planning to stay?

did you guys get an II email? i just happened to check the portal and saw the interview management option and I was able to schedule an interview.

did you guys get an II email? i just happened to check the portal and saw the interview management option and I was able to schedule an interview.
I got an e-mail back when I got my II a couple weeks ago

Were 10/20 and 10/22 options for you? Maybe you got your email early for the earlier interviews? I hope my email confirmation is coming for the II otherwise I feel like I may be missing important emails.

Were 10/20 and 10/22 options for you? Maybe you got your email early for the earlier interviews? I hope my email confirmation is coming for the II otherwise I feel like I may be missing important emails.
Do you have gmail? Check your promotions folder!!

yeah i see all my mail but I still don't see an interview invite email.
That's really weird.... I'd e-mail them and just let them know you never received a formal interview invitation through e-mail and want to make sure they have your correct e-mail address or something like that.

Current first year at the KC campus. Feel free to shoot me any questions! May be slow at getting back due to a quiz tomorrow and exam Monday, but I will reply! Also big congrats to those who've gotten IIs and for those of you waiting I'm sure you'll hear back soon!

Go Rams!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Current first year at the KC campus. Feel free to shoot me any questions! May be slow at getting back due to a quiz tomorrow and exam Monday, but I will reply! Also big congrats to those who've gotten IIs and for those of you waiting I'm sure you'll hear back soon!

What is the post-interview acceptance %?

the people that are interviewing in Joplin, where are you planning to stay?
I'm staying at Economy Inn & Suites because it was the only hotel I could find that's walking distance to the campus. Not the nicest place, but I'm coming from Canada so the flight there was expensive enough for me.

I'm staying at Economy Inn & Suites because it was the only hotel I could find that's walking distance to the campus. Not the nicest place, but I'm coming from Canada so the flight there was expensive enough for me.

Oh shoot , me too, i thought i was stupid to book there, cuz apparently its a little shady. but as you said, flying from canada is friggin expensive. when is your interview?

Oh shoot , me too, i thought i was stupid to book there, cuz apparently its a little shady. but as you said, flying from canada is friggin expensive. when is your interview?
I'm sure it'll be fine. I've gone to places that were supposed to be shady but just as long as you go into it with zero expectations, they are never that bad. My interview is Sept 23rd at 10:30am

How are you accessing a portal? I'm complete, but when I login all I see is a copy of my secondary..

How are you accessing a portal? I'm complete, but when I login all I see is a copy of my secondary..

Right next to the secondary app another option popped up that said Interview Management and I clicked on that.

II yesterday. Was complete and under review August 20th. Quickest school ever!
Only 1 option for me was for 10/26.
Anyone coming then??

My only options were 10/20 and 10/24. So I chose 10/24.

Congrats though! Good luck at the interview.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is? Seems like they give a lot of interviews...

II yesterday. Was complete and under review August 20th. Quickest school ever!
Only 1 option for me was for 10/26.
Anyone coming then??

Don't be afraid to call the admissions department in a week or two and see if they've had any cancellations! I got my interview moved from February to December last year by doing so.

They've got 420ish spots to fill!
Wow, didn't realize they had such a large class size.

I am just starting to freak out about the interview and the thought of not getting in anywhere. I was hoping to hear someone say their post interview acceptance rate is like 90-95%...

Wow, didn't realize they had such a large class size.

I am just starting to freak out about the interview and the thought of not getting in anywhere. I was hoping to hear someone say their post interview acceptance rate is like 90-95%...

It's around 65-70% which is a fairly high acceptance rate!

Anyone care to comment on whether turnaround time from complete to II has any meaning at this school?

People who were complete after me are getting IIs a few days to a week after being complete, but I haven't heard anything positive or negative yet. Does anyone know if this has any meaning and/or if it affects chances? I don't think they've sent out any rejections yet, so I'm just trying to figure out if it's a silent rejection type of thing or if it means they are sending IIs to top-priority applicants asap or if they just review apps/send IIs in a totally random order.

And yes, I know no one can answer this question for certain. Just curious if anyone has any insight!

Anyone care to comment on whether turnaround time from complete to II has any meaning at this school?

People who were complete after me are getting IIs a few days to a week after being complete, but I haven't heard anything positive or negative yet. Does anyone know if this has any meaning and/or if it affects chances? I don't think they've sent out any rejections yet, so I'm just trying to figure out if it's a silent rejection type of thing or if it means they are sending IIs to top-priority applicants asap or if they just review apps/send IIs in a totally random order.

And yes, I know no one can answer this question for certain. Just curious if anyone has any insight!

Who knows! I'm guessing they are sending IIs to applicants with good stats, but also applicants they really like? I know how you feel. We just gotta bunker down and wait the 6 weeks deadline.

Submitted! Anyone know if they pre-screen for the primary or secondary? I thought they made an exception with my cGPA but now I'm wondering if they actually screen after the secondary. Don't worry, I didn't forget about that waffle house steak dinner for all you guys.