2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No secondary. But an email saying, "Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks. Once the application review is complete, you will receive additional communication from KCU-COM. If you have not heard anything from our office within 2 weeks, please email."

Did anyone else get this? I was verified and submitted in May.
Just received the same email. Not sure why.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't received anything at all here. Not even the "further review" email.

Reactions: 1 users
make sure you all check your spam folders, I received mine yesterday but didnt realize it until 15 minutes ago

No secondary or further review email. Weird. Verified 5/31.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you guys are using Gmail, be sure to check your promotions folder. That's where all of the emails went for me from KCU

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the further review email yesterday. Surprised as I am definitely above their cutoffs in terms of GPA and MCAT.

Has anyone spoken to admissions? This is bizarre.

Has anyone spoken to admissions? This is bizarre.

Just talked to admissions. They just received their first AACOMAS download, so they are rolling out secondaries as we speak. She said they will notify you either way -- if you get screened out or your pass the screen.

Just talked to admissions. They just received their first AACOMAS download, so they are rolling out secondaries as we speak. She said they will notify you either way -- if you get screened out or your pass the screen.

Thanks for calling. By the way, did they mention anything about the "further review" email that some applicants received? What's that about?

Thanks for calling. By the way, did they mention anything about the "further review" email that some applicants received? What's that about?

Sorry, didn't ask about that. Let me know if they say anything about that email.

so people are getting this "further review" email before getting a secondary? or after submitting secondary?

so people are getting this "further review" email before getting a secondary? or after submitting secondary?

It sounds like they were getting it before a secondary. I did not receive one but I received an email to "stay tuned" which came out a week or two ago.

I haven't received a secondary yet but I pass the minimal screens. I'm assuming over the next few days they will go out to everyone that meets the minimum criteria.

Reactions: 1 user
It sounds like they were getting it before a secondary. I did not receive one but I received an email to "stay tuned" which came out a week or two ago.

I haven't received a secondary yet but I pass the minimal screens. I'm assuming over the next few days they will go out to everyone that meets the minimum criteria.

Oh okay. I got my secondary and submitted it but I just got a kind of oddly worded email instead of a normal complete email.. so I wasn't sure if that was what people were referring to or not. Sounds like probably not the same thing.

"Your application has been submitted. Please allow our admissions staff time to process your application and other materials. We will send out further communication within 5-7 business days, although every effort is made to process as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience."

Instead of a secondary I received an email that said,

"Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks. Once the application review is complete, you will receive additional communication from KCU-COM. If you have not heard anything from our office within 2 weeks, please email [email protected]."

Not sure why or what it means.

Oh okay. I got my secondary and submitted it but I just got a kind of oddly worded email instead of a normal complete email.. so I wasn't sure if that was what people were referring to or not. Sounds like probably not the same thing.

"Your application has been submitted. Please allow our admissions staff time to process your application and other materials. We will send out further communication within 5-7 business days, although every effort is made to process as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience."

No that was different. If you sent in your secondary, I would consider this the complete email. I'm surprised about the 5-7 business days; that's pretty quick and I wouldn't be surprised if it took longer given it took them this long to send out a secondary.

Instead of a secondary I received an email that said,

"Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks. Once the application review is complete, you will receive additional communication from KCU-COM. If you have not heard anything from our office within 2 weeks, please email [email protected]."

Not sure why or what it means.

Hmm, weird. Maybe they have 2 batches, kinda like AZCOM. People they send secondaries to right away, and people they're holding off on. Of course, they also sent that weird "stay tuned" email, so maybe they just have preset defaults in their email system to send to applicants they haven't reviewed yet to keep them happy.

Waiting for a secondary still :( Received "Learn more about KCU" email Jul 18. Nothing in spam either. ugh.....

Good luck guys and gals :) lemme know if you have any questions about the school.

How is Kansas City? Is housing expensive? Do most students moved away for third and fourth year? I'm a non-trad and my wife works so we would prefer to go somewhere we could stay for all for years... Thanks for any info you have!

How is Kansas City? Is housing expensive? Do most students moved away for third and fourth year? I'm a non-trad and my wife works so we would prefer to go somewhere we could stay for all for years... Thanks for any info you have!

It's good! Being from San Diego I had low expectations but this city is awesome. The weather sucks haha but at least there's a lot to do.

Housing isn't too bad cost wise, 600-1200 for 1-2 bedroom.

It's a 50/50 split right now for how many students stay and go for third year. Kcu just partnered with the HCA system so there'll be more spots here over the next few years.

Reactions: 2 users
Complete, Just got this email
"Your application to KCU-COM is now complete and is in the review stage. Please give our office up to 6 weeks to review your application, although every effort is made to review as quickly as possible. "

It's good! Being from San Diego I had low expectations but this city is awesome. The weather sucks haha but at least there's a lot to do.

Housing isn't too bad cost wise, 600-1200 for 1-2 bedroom.

It's a 50/50 split right now for how many students stay and go for third year. Kcu just partnered with the HCA system so there'll be more spots here over the next few years.

The weather sucks compared to San Diego? Or is it really that bad?

Secondary! I'm so happy!

I was below their cGPA and sGPA requirements, but above their MCAT. They really do value your recent coursework, even for the screen. I have a 4.0 SMP GPA + in my last 2 years of undergrad coursework, I had a 3.7. Approximately a 3.8 in my last 90 hrs. Keep your head up underdawgs!

Finally got a secondary, submitted primary on June 13th

What did it say?
We have received your application and we want to thank you for your interest in Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCU-COM).

Upon reviewing your file we are unable, at this time, to offer you an invitation to complete our secondary application. So that you might better understand the competitiveness of our program we are providing the average profile for an accepted student in the 2017 application cycle:

MCAT average 29 / MCAT15 506GPA science average of 3.60

Should your academic profile become more competitive, please revise your information through AACOMAS and re-submit to KCU-COM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using SDN mobile

Just got the secondary....but it has an error and i cannot access the actual secondary. says call the school, but its Friday and they have all gone home lol.

Just got the secondary....but it has an error and i cannot access the actual secondary. says call the school, but its Friday and they have all gone home lol.
I had to troubleshoot them quite a bit because I was getting the load permanent load screen. Give them a call Monday and try to resolve it, they are really friendly!

I had to troubleshoot them quite a bit because I was getting the load permanent load screen. Give them a call Monday and try to resolve it, they are really friendly!
Same, but just figured it out as...my browser saved the password automatically when was creating the login. So I tried hitting login and it worked. it had created a login even though it kept spinning. all is good to go now.

Same, but just figured it out as...my browser saved the password automatically when was creating the login. So I tried hitting login and it worked. it had created a login even though it kept spinning. all is good to go now.
This^^ Thanks for the tip!
I called them after being stuck on the loading screen for so long, and they said IT is working on it so try it later in the weekend, and if it's still there, just e-mail a screenshot to admissions Monday.
BUT, I tried logging in with my email and password I initially set, and it worked! Thanks!

Last edited: