2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This morning around 8:40 EDT I sent an email containing a letter of intent. About 3 hours later I received a call letting me know I have been accepted. I interviewed 3/2/2018.

Reactions: 1 user
At my interview in February, they said they can’t outright accept but that they can give you a ranked waitlist spot. The ranked waitlist spot gets priority over their alternate list.

This morning around 8:40 EDT I sent an email containing a letter of intent. About 3 hours later I received a call letting me know I have been accepted. I interviewed 3/2/2018.

So there are still seats available then? We're not just interviewing for a waitlist position?

Members don't see this ad :)
So there are still seats available then? We're not just interviewing for a waitlist position?

I was never told I was put on a waitlist, But when I called asking about my status Ron Shively basically just said he was waiting for seats to open.

Congratulations!! Were you initially put on the alternate list? Also, what date did you first hear back from them after your interview?

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students facebook page?

I will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Good luck to anyone who will get my seat!

Reactions: 1 users
I will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Good luck to anyone who will get my seat!
You made the right choice, this school is absolute garbage. More people need to follow your lead so I can get off the waitlist and get a seat.

Reactions: 6 users
You made the right choice, this school is absolute garbage. More people need to follow your lead so I can get off the waitlist and get a seat.

I see you have already been accepted at 2 schools - why do you want LECOM-B? Which schools were you accepted at?

I see you have already been accepted at 2 schools - why do you want LECOM-B? Which schools were you accepted at?
I got accepted at ARCOM and Touro Middletown. I wasn't sure about LECOM-B before my interview but I thought it really blew Touro out of the water. Staff was very helpful, board scores are slightly higher than Touro, facilities are much nicer, cheaper tuition. The big thing for me was the PBL. Touro has flipped classroom which I liked (Khan Academy style) but PBL is what I did my last year of undergrad and I loved it.

Does anyone know if they're still sending out invites for interviews? I've gotten accepted into the masters program but I'm still under review of my supplemental app on the portal. Should I call or email office of admissions?

Does anyone know if they're still sending out invites for interviews? I've gotten accepted into the masters program but I'm still under review of my supplemental app on the portal. Should I call or email office of admissions?
I interviewed today and I believe they still have two interview dates available. One this Friday, 4/6, and one more next week. They invited me last Wednesday for today’s interview so don’t give up hope yet! I love everything about this school. I hope they accept me. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just spoke with Ron about getting off the alternate list. He said it's very unlikely and that I should go ahead with Touro. Bummed about not getting in but I really appreciate this school's transparency. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

I was just wondering if there is like a required supplies list for LECOM. Like stethoscope, diagnostic kit etc. Anyone know if a diagnostic kit (which is like 300 bucks ) is required ?

I was just wondering if there is like a required supplies list for LECOM. Like stethoscope, diagnostic kit etc. Anyone know if a diagnostic kit (which is like 300 bucks ) is required ?

I was wondering the same thing too. We will probably find out this Saturday. If you go on the portal there are required texts in Excel spreadsheets you could look. I haven't seen anything along the lines of equipment though.

My portal was just updated to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". I called and was told they do not give admissions decisions over the phone. It's going to be a long wait for that letter. :(

My portal was just updated to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". I called and was told they do not give admissions decisions over the phone. It's going to be a long wait for that letter. :(
Mine only took 6 days. From the looks of it, if they make a decision quickly after your interview, it's a waitlist but if they take a few weeks, it's an acceptance.

Mine only took 6 days. From the looks of it, if they make a decision quickly after your interview, it's a waitlist but if they take a few weeks, it's an acceptance.
I'd prefer the waitlist over an outright rejection. :p Wish me luck!

Interviewed 4/6, got the status change today (4/13). We were told that the committee were going to meet yesterday to make decisions (4/12) on our applications.

During the interview day we were told that because it was so late in the game, we're pretty much interviewing for a "good waitlist spot" and not an acceptance. He also told us that there are two pools, one that is a ranked waitlist, and another one that is a general pool where people get pulled from to fill the ranked waitlist.

I got accepted at ARCOM and Touro Middletown. I wasn't sure about LECOM-B before my interview but I thought it really blew Touro out of the water. Staff was very helpful, board scores are slightly higher than Touro, facilities are much nicer, cheaper tuition. The big thing for me was the PBL. Touro has flipped classroom which I liked (Khan Academy style) but PBL is what I did my last year of undergrad and I loved it.

PBL is pretty cool, and we students work our asses off, which is why we do well on the boards.

I wasn't able to go to the campus day event... Can someone who went let me know what all I missed? Thanks

I wasn't able to go to the campus day event... Can someone who went let me know what all I missed? Thanks

It was a nice intro to what we can expect. Got to see the school again and do some Q&A panel with OMS1's. The lunch was pretty good too. They said it was there first time doing an Accepted Student Day and I thought it turned out pretty well.

Did they mention anything about the rotation sites? Last I heard they had around 50 year long sites but hopefully that has changed since. Any and all information about rotations would be appreciated.

Anyone interested in starting a PM group for pros/cons of schools? Made an excel spreadsheet comparing some schools and would love to collaborate and get new ideas/perspectives.

Did they mention anything about the rotation sites? Last I heard they had around 50 year long sites but hopefully that has changed since. Any and all information about rotations would be appreciated.
They mentioned that they are going to continue doing the year long sites for 3rd year rotations and I think they said they were going to add more sites? I'm not entirely sure.

Anybody know where the class of 22 facebook group is at?

Interviewed on 2/2. My application just changed from "your application is under review post interview" to "your application is still under consideration by the admissions committee". Anyone have this happen to them or know what it could mean? Thanks!
Did you ever end up getting a letter?

How much dedicated study time do students get for boards?
From what I understand, none. However, that entire semester the only class you have is PBL twice a week for two hours from what I've heard and the rest of the time is all yours to do as you wish. Most students just focus on passing PBL in that semester and really grind for boards. However, this is just what I've heard from current students. I would double check with admissions or the assistant dean of preclinical education to get a certain answer.

Last edited:
Did you ever end up getting a letter?
I am still under review :shrug: I was told it means I am on the ranked wait list which is different than the alternative list. I interviewed on Feb 2nd. Supposedly they pull from the ranked wait list first. I think they might be waiting for my final grades in my masters program but we'll see!

Most of their rotation sites are up North in PA and several other states. I think the 3rd year is at a year long "hub site" and the 4th year is audition rotations.

Most of their rotation sites are up North in PA and several other states. I think the 3rd year is at a year long "hub site" and the 4th year is audition rotations.

Are there any in Florida? I’m relocating my family and I’d like to keep the moving to a minimum.

Are there any in Florida? I’m relocating my family and I’d like to keep the moving to a minimum.
At my interview they said they expect to have 1/3rd of their sites in Florida for 2020 and 2021. They said they let students pick first based on rank so if you are ranked in the top 1/3rd, you could choose to stay in Florida.

At my interview they said they expect to have 1/3rd of their sites in Florida for 2020 and 2021. They said they let students pick first based on rank so if you are ranked in the top 1/3rd, you could choose to stay in Florida.
Phew! Thank you for the info!

I received the letter and was placed on the alternate list. I called Mr. Shively to confirm and he said to keep sending any updates I have and to call back in mid-May if I haven't heard anything. He also said both lists are very long.

During my interview we were told "if you are a good student expect to go up North, there's no way of you getting around that". And there are no Florida rotations listed in the handouts we received at the interview. But it sounds like they've told different groups different things so who knows. Maybe they can work something out for you!

During my interview we were told "if you are a good student expect to go up North, there's no way of you getting around that". And there are no Florida rotations listed in the handouts we received at the interview. But it sounds like they've told different groups different things so who knows. Maybe they can work something out for you!
They have many rotation spots all over Florida according to what the administration said at accepted students day

Interviewed 4/13 status changed to "made a decision" on 4/24. Anyone else from this interview group hear back? Do we know if there are any open spots or if this likely a rejection or wait list placement?

Interviewed 4/13 status changed to "made a decision" on 4/24. Anyone else from this interview group hear back? Do we know if there are any open spots or if this likely a rejection or wait list placement?

I also interviewed 4/13 and my status changed to "made a decision" on 4/24. I emailed Mr. Shively and it seems I've been waitlisted...he wasn't able to directly say it but he let me know that I should stay in touch.

If you were accepted to another school and waitlisted in LECOM-B, and just decided the accepted one is the ''one', please remember to take 5 minutes and call LECOM-B in order to be dropped from the alternate list. Some time we get lazy and forget to do it and then we are taking an spot that we won't use, instead of giving that spot to the next student on the list that may have LECOM-B as their top choice.

Last edited:
Got a letter saying I should apply to their masters program to increase my upper level sciences. I'm taking that as a rejection. 3.58 3.54 505
How you doing? I really want to know your status now cause I just got the reaction letter today, and the letter is same like you

Just withdrew my acceptance here, hope my seat goes to one of you guys on the WL! Best of luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
accepted earlier today off waitlist :) praise God!

Removing myself off the waitlist so one of you guys have a higher chance! Good luck!