2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my portal just changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." and I have not interviewed yet. Does this pretty much mean rejection?
I'm sorry to hear that :(. Also, where on the portal are you seeing this?

Members don't see this ad.

my portal just changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." and I have not interviewed yet. Does this pretty much mean rejection?
My portal just changed to the same status! However, I also received yesterday a reply from them to a previous email I sent to ask for updates. They said a decision has been made and I will be receiving an answer by email at the end of the week! I am not sure what does that mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is still on "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone else?

Mine is still on "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone else?
Same

Reactions: 1 user

Anyone else?
Same

What’s your stats

I just got an email saying Application Status Update. It says "You have completed the two-step interview process for LECOM Bradenton. Your application remains under consideration and your file is considered "active"". I did my info session in November. Does this mean I'm waitlisted? My status in the portal still says "your application is under consideration post-interview. you will be notified of a decision by mail"

I just got an email saying Application Status Update. It says "You have completed the two-step interview process for LECOM Bradenton. Your application remains under consideration and your file is considered "active"". I did my info session in November. Does this mean I'm waitlisted? My status in the portal still says "your application is under consideration post-interview. you will be notified of a decision by mail"
I received the same message and I'm also confused by it. The more I think about it, the more I think it is waitlist.

I received the same message and I'm also confused by it. The more I think about it, the more I think it is waitlist.
I think the point of the message is a decision has not been made yet and you’ll be notified once a decision has been made

Usually if they tell you you’ll hear a decision in 30 days then you’re rejected

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email today. I wonder if we all got that from the same info session date (mine was 1/13?) if all our material is in.

Edit: I noticed you mentioned your info session was in November... I have no idea what this email means, but I was happy to see an updated that's not a rejection.

Last edited:
Does anyone who goes to this school, or has been accepted, know if this school offers recorded lectures (or any videos) to supplement the learning of the underlying principles that PBL is supposed to cover? That is, are there videos to reference for the first two years of medical school? Or is this truly a hard “no lecture” of any kind school? I am weighing an acceptance to this school; however, my impression is that this school essentially gives you a bunch of books and tells you to learn medicine on your own. Would that be a valid (or semi-valid) assessment? I would love to get to yes, because I like the PBL modality—but I understand the value of some structure. Even just something to reference other than a big pile of books and “uninvolved” monitor at PBL sessions. Any insight/guidance would be awesome.
I have a few friends who go here- you have anatomy lectures at the beginning and some asynchronous little courses as well (like you take these on your own time, on your computer, with just a final deadline)

My friends have mixed feelings about PBL- the ones who are good at keeping their own schedules love it. They dont have to spend hours in lecture, and get to plan their day how they want. They did say that they would NOT recommend it if you are not good at keeping yourself on a schedule and learning from reading a textbook.

They said that every PBL group gets the same case and has a proctor. As you are going through the case, the proctor kind of asks you pointed questions and you are looking stuff up as you go. Then at the end each group picks the readings they want to focus on for that case. The professors say that each group ends up with different readings.. but my friends said that people end up having a lot of overlap in what they choose, just because thats what the case needs. You go back and read the chapters you and your group chose, and during your next PBL the proctor will ask your questions based on the readings. Each group technically has a unique exam, based on the chapters they chose. Again, apparently the exams end up being like 80-90% the same, and theres like a few questions focused if you had a reading a different group didnt.

Reactions: 1 users
My portal just changed to the same status! However, I also received yesterday a reply from them to a previous email I sent to ask for updates. They said a decision has been made and I will be receiving an answer by email at the end of the week! I am not sure what does that mean?
I have been officially rejected! Good luck to everyone 🍀

I have a few friends who go here- you have anatomy lectures at the beginning and some asynchronous little courses as well (like you take these on your own time, on your computer, with just a final deadline)

My friends have mixed feelings about PBL- the ones who are good at keeping their own schedules love it. They dont have to spend hours in lecture, and get to plan their day how they want. They did say that they would NOT recommend it if you are not good at keeping yourself on a schedule and learning from reading a textbook.

They said that every PBL group gets the same case and has a proctor. As you are going through the case, the proctor kind of asks you pointed questions and you are looking stuff up as you go. Then at the end each group picks the readings they want to focus on for that case. The professors say that each group ends up with different readings.. but my friends said that people end up having a lot of overlap in what they choose, just because thats what the case needs. You go back and read the chapters you and your group chose, and during your next PBL the proctor will ask your questions based on the readings. Each group technically has a unique exam, based on the chapters they chose. Again, apparently the exams end up being like 80-90% the same, and theres like a few questions focused if you had a reading a different group didnt.
Thank you!

Congratulations. When was your info session?

my portal reads "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days." - does anyone know what this might mean? the wait is kind of killing me lmao and i haven't gotten any email or anything.

Last edited:
I also received an acceptance email today, info session 1/13. My portal updated to the 14 day notice on Friday. :D

my portal reads "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days." - does anyone know what this might mean? the wait is kind of killing me lmao and i haven't gotten any email or anything.
The theory from what I've read is that the 14-day notice is typically followed by acceptance or "alternate list" and 30 day notice is rejection or "waitlist".

when was your info session?

Any update on this ^?

What’s the difference between the WL and alternate list?
The theory, and y’all correct me if I’m wrong, is that one of those is better to be on than the other (not sure which) because one is ranked and the other isn’t. But to me, that doesn’t make sense, I feel like both lists should be ranked

I tried calling, left messages and emailed asking for information but to no avail.

I emailed them and got a response an hr ago. Didn’t even say hi or anything in the email and just said “Committee has recommended that you consider taking the MCAT or enrolling in a Master of Medical Science program to enhance your application.” Since I applied with an AIS score and good GPA
Did you interview?

I applied with an AIS score and 3.8 GPA. Said my application wasn’t competitive and I should take the mcat or apply for the masters program! Did not send me an II. However Erie did. So is Bradenton more competitive then Erie campus? Makes no sense!
Hey at least they responded to your emails.

I emailed for an application update (pre ii) and all they said was "your application is still under review". Not feeling too confident as it is almost march... starting to feel like a silent R :/

This might be a dumb question, but when the interview email says that the asynchronous interview needs to be completely by the date of the info session, does that mean before that date? Or the end of the day of? I kind of figured since the info session is 12-3 that I could do the interview in the morning. Am I wrong? Thank you in advance, friends 🙏🏻