2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm interesting. I had an PCOM alum send a letter to the admission committee about 2 months after I submitted my secondary and it showed on my portal literally the day the alum sent the email / letter. Not sure if that constitutes as an "update" but since it shows on the portal I guess they accepted the "update"? Not too sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm interesting. I had an PCOM alum send a letter to the admission committee about 2 months after I submitted my secondary and it showed on my portal literally the day the alum sent the email / letter. Not sure if that constitutes as an "update" but since it shows on the portal I guess they accepted the "update"? Not too sure.

Yep, I've def noticed applicants have sent extra LORs before and had them uploaded. Maybe by updates they're speaking strictly about ECs and such. Who knows?

Been ghosted here since the end of September with no word from them.... anyone else in the same boat? Gimme a II already lol

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ghost friends!! But lowkey im heated that I'm being left on read...

Also on "read" but I was technically complete in mid-October after sending my MCAT scores. Hopefully September and October apps are next up :xf: It's comforting to know I'm not alone.

just speaking metaphorically, 'read' as in when you can see that someone read your texts in iPhone
Oh okay. I thought you guys meant that you were able to check your applications statuses and see that someone had read your file. And if so, I was curious how lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know I feel like I am in weird situation. I submitted the AACOMAS application w/ as much minor information regarding ECs, LOR, and achievements, so that my application can be verified quickly. But soon after submission, I started working on all those stuff and get those in. I got those in before I received PCOM secondary. Do you guys think they would have downloaded the updated application or they would be going through the application where I have only 1 ecs and 1 LOR request. Don't know how to feel about this.

Will definitely call or email PCOM but does anybody any insights?

I don't know I feel like I am in weird situation. I submitted the AACOMAS application w/ as much minor information regarding ECs, LOR, and achievements, so that my application can be verified quickly. But soon after submission, I started working on all those stuff and get those in. I got those in before I received PCOM secondary. Do you guys think they would have downloaded the updated application or they would be going through the application where I have only 1 ecs and 1 LOR request. Don't know how to feel about this.

Will definitely call or email PCOM but does anybody any insights?

Not sure I understand. Did you submit your secondary already? Check your secondary app portal page to see what they received from you. A lot of people submit their primary before having their LORs in so that's fine Idk about updating the ECs though.

Completed 11/10! But my school has an affiliation with PCOM so that probably is behind the fast turnaround

Wow! Congrats! Good to know they're handing out IIs still. What date did they give you?

Not sure I understand. Did you submit your secondary already? Check your secondary app portal page to see what they received from you. A lot of people submit their primary before having their LORs in so that's fine Idk about updating the ECs though.
Yes I submitted the secondary around couple of days after receiving it. I called the PCOM admission office and asked them if they have my updated information. They told me that if they have received the updated pdf report from AACOMAS, yes they have it. While the portal shows that LORs received, I hope they have also updated my ECs and achievements.

Anybody know when the admissions committee meets next? Interviewed 11/2, just wondering if we would hear back before thanksgiving or not.
I also interviewed 11/2 and waiting anxiously. Does the committee only meet once a month? The last batch of decisions came out out ~11/6 so we might not hear until December :/

@monki457 I was complete 10/12 :unsure: but curious about whether I could send them EC updates and/or a letter of interest.

Last edited:
Any accepted students having trouble seeing/getting into the student financial checklist? I can get into my pcom just not the checklist

I just want to get this right.. I understand that PCOM doesn't accept updates from AACOMAS (for example: when you add an extracurricular update on AACOMAS), but do they accept extracurricular updates via email?

Also, has anyone had any luck in sending a letter of interest PCOM recently?
PCOM will download applications that AACOMAS sends them with new information, they don't accept updates other than MCAT scores and new grades after AACOMAS closes. If you are put on the waitlist (I was) they will accept an update while waiting for your final decision. Think about the number of applications they get. If they accepted every update from every applicant they would never get all the apps read. Same as adding more letters after you are complete. Once reviewed why would they keep going back over applications when hundreds of new ones come in every week. Sheer volume must be crazy.

Dude in the bowtie today - I salute you for your bravery

Reactions: 9 users
Complete early August with no response. LizzyM 65 with DO rec. Sad I am getting no love from PCOM. Should I call?

Reactions: 1 users
@IndieKush if your app is complete calling probably won’t do much good. Things are slowing up because of the holidays most likely.

Last edited:
Will I be meeting any of you guys bright and early this Thursday (11/30) morning???

Just withdrew my acceptance and I hope one you gets the spot. Good luck to you all!!

Reactions: 2 users
Is the "banner web" the same thing as the "portal" when it comes to paying your deposit? If not, where do I find the portal. Asking for a friend...

Is the "banner web" the same thing as the "portal" when it comes to paying your deposit? If not, where do I find the portal. Asking for a friend...
I know the first $250 deposit is through the secondary portal. The one that has all the stuff listed and then the dates when they received everything. I'm not sure if you're talking about the bigger deposit. Maybe the same thing?

Did a deposit tab just appear for you? If so, when did you interview... asking for a friend

Did a deposit tab just appear for you? If so, when did you interview... asking for a friend

I interviewed on 21 NOV. No deposit option yet. Just curious on where to look. When did you interview??

I interviewed on 21 NOV. No deposit option yet. Just curious on where to look. When did you interview??
November 2nd, so today marks four weeks. I'm sure the holiday set everything back tho

I know the first $250 deposit is through the secondary portal. The one that has all the stuff listed and then the dates when they received everything. I'm not sure if you're talking about the bigger deposit. Maybe the same thing?
All deposits go through the portal. If you pay other than that you may lose your seat.

Did any of you who interviewed send thank you letters? We were given only the general admissions email to send a thank you email to. (Plus, I have an idea of how to spell my interviewers names but can’t find their actual names on google to make sure it’s spelled right in the emails lol). Anyone have this same issue?

Did any of you who interviewed send thank you letters? We were given only the general admissions email to send a thank you email to. (Plus, I have an idea of how to spell my interviewers names but can’t find their actual names on google to make sure it’s spelled right in the emails lol). Anyone have this same issue?
I have the same problem! I didn't quite get one of the names down since my interviewers were called out first. I'm like...80% sure I found him in the faculty directory, but it would be so awful if it turns out to be the wrong person haha. So I may just not send one... or is it a thing to send general thank you notes to your interviewers and student tour guides?

I have the same problem! I didn't quite get one of the names down since my interviewers were called out first. I'm like...80% sure I found him in the faculty directory, but it would be so awful if it turns out to be the wrong person haha. So I may just not send one... or is it a thing to send general thank you notes to your interviewers and student tour guides?
No, you do not need to and it is not encouraged.