2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from AL yesterday, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted student here! Will someone please be able to send me the groupme link? Would be appreciated :)

Reactions: 1 user
A small part of me dies every time I wake up to no email 😭🥲 I guess it’s pretty much over after this week right

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my A! Hope it goes to one of you lovely people :)

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Well that’s a wrap for week 4. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend! Time to enjoy some burgers and drinks! 🍔🍻🍹

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Pls accept us downstate, I need this purgatory to be over. This reapplication is looking scary

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1) I got my acceptance into Downstate on June 3rd 2020 so there is still hope!!
2) for accepted students here is a link for Downstate affiliates looking for housing/roommates

Reactions: 2 users
the silence is so loud </3 if an accepted student who is in the groupme can let us know the size of the group that would be great!

Reactions: 6 users
Should those on the AL be submitting all the pre matric stuff? Anyone know?

Should those on the AL be submitting all the pre matric stuff? Anyone know?
Was wondering the same thing... but alot of the stuff on the pre-matric checklist say "(Not for alternates)" or "(If accepted to Medicine)" so not sure if we are required to do them without getting accepted

Is anyone else having issues accessing the pre-health forms? I try clicking on the link and it won't load or says page not found

Is anyone else having issues accessing the pre-health forms? I try clicking on the link and it won't load or says page not found
It wouldn’t load for me either. You can search SUNY downstate health forms on their website and get the forms from there or use the pdf they emailed when they emailed about health clearance

Hey yall! How do I get into the GroupMe? I got accepted, did they send an email with a link like they did with the facebook group?

Hey everyone! I just got accepted into SUNY Downstate!!!! I was wondering if someone could share the link to the GroupMe? Thanks everyone for your support!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! I just got accepted into SUNY Downstate!!!! I was wondering if someone could share the link to the GroupMe? Thanks everyone for your support!
Congrats! Was wondering if they notified you by phone or email?

Congrats homie, drop the stats pl0x

Congrats! IS or OOS? did u fill out the health forms and other pre-matric stuff?

Has there been any low stat A’s off the waitlist?

• Sad
How did you guys submit proof of US citizenship? Did you upload birth certificate and license to the portal?

How did you guys submit proof of US citizenship? Did you upload birth certificate and license to the portal?
I’m planning on just emailing because there isn’t a place to upload if I remember correctly

I’m planning on just emailing because there isn’t a place to upload if I remember correctly
I was thinking the document upload section on the portal, but can’t hurt to email either

Hi - I just noticed that a google sheets was shared with me about downstate housing, but I am waitlisted. Did this happen to anyone else?

Hi - I just noticed that a google sheets was shared with me about downstate housing, but I am waitlisted. Did this happen to anyone else?
I'm also on the WL but I didn't get anything... Maybe it's a "high" priority WL thing

Last edited:
I also was shared this Google Sheet, but for some reason, it's shared to my personal email rather than the email I listed on my application. Not sure why that is tbh, though could be related to when I signed up for the campus tour a while back (which spreadsheet I think I accessed via my personal email).

I also was shared this Google Sheet, but for some reason, it's shared to my personal email rather than the email I listed on my application. Not sure why that is tbh, though could be related to when I signed up for the campus tour a while back (which spreadsheet I think I accessed via my personal email).
Are you out of state? I’m in state and did not have any housing document shared with me, unless it is a high priority waitlist type thing

would you guys mind sharing stats?

I’m just trying to stay hopeful 🥲
Yeh Ive been trying too as well but kinda already accepted that I will have to do a bunch of steps before I reapply next year.

seems like all the As off waitlist have been from applicants with strong stats.

Yeh Ive been trying too as well but kinda already accepted that I will have to do a bunch of steps before I reapply next year.

seems like all the As off waitlist have been from applicants with strong stats.
So you’re not gonna reapply right away? I considered taking a year off too but idk I think I may just try again