2022-2023 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here that interviewed 2/1? Its been a while and I haven't heard anything from Buff. Has anyone who interviewed since early Feb heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here that interviewed 2/1? Its been a while and I haven't heard anything from Buff. Has anyone who interviewed since early Feb heard back?
I interviewed the same week and have not heard anything back yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if buff is done with IIs? I know they interview til later in the cycle, but wasn't sure how late

I interviewed the same week and have not heard anything back yet.
it sounds like not many people have heard since jan. It's been about 2 months so im assuming WL? Hopefully not completely ghosted although that did happen to my friend at a different school.

it sounds like not many people have heard since jan. It's been about 2 months so im assuming WL? Hopefully not completely ghosted although that did happen to my friend at a different school.
I interviewed March 8th, and one of my interviewers told me we would hear in 3-4 weeks. Not sure if that helps at all, just wanted to share. It seems like the only people who have heard back since Jan have gotten WL

Just got an email stating this Friday is the final Q&A session of the cycle. I assume this means that II's are done this week because the Q&A session is supposed to be the Friday after your II.

Just got an email stating this Friday is the final Q&A session of the cycle. I assume this means that II's are done this week because the Q&A session is supposed to be the Friday after your II.
Big sad. But I guess its time to move on. Good luck everyone.

Do they mention anything about the decision timeline on student panel Q&A?

WL, IS, interviewed recently

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
WL. Interviewed on 16th of this month. Hows the movement?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Huh thats weird. Why would they get back to some after like two weeks but not release decisions for earlier applicants?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back? I interviewed mid February and nothing yet :(
I interviewed Feb and still waiting to hear back too. Has anyone who heard back recently received a decision other than WL? I'm also wondering why people interviewing in March are hearing back sooner than many Jan/Feb interviews

Do people have to confirm a spot on the wait list in any way (ie. replying to the email or doing something on the portal)? I got the email recently, and its worded in a way that makes it sound like an offer that you have to accept somehow
Email to me sounded like you only contact them if you’d like to withdraw from the waitlist. I never accepted any offer to hold my place. Doesn’t explicitly state we have to

Huh thats weird. Why would they get back to some after like two weeks but not release decisions for earlier applicants?
I would say for the people that haven't heard back in a long time, admissions isn't sure what to do. Those people likely are on the border of WL/rejection or WL/acceptance, and Buffalo doesn't want to make a final decision until more interviews are reviewed fully. But that's just my best guess why they're doing that. I was in a similar boat with SUNY Upstate. People were hearing back in a couple weeks meanwhile I had to wait 3 months post interview for my decision.

same, i think i saw a couple people in this thread waiting to hear back from around the same time.
I was one of the people that interviewed in Feb and still hasn't heard back yet. I sent an email to them asking for a general timeline I could expect a decision from the admissions committee a few weeks ago. They just recently got back to me and said we should expect to hear back by the end of April. (oof, another month of waiting)

I would say for the people that haven't heard back in a long time, admissions isn't sure what to do. Those people likely are on the border of WL/rejection or WL/acceptance, and Buffalo doesn't want to make a final decision until more interviews are reviewed fully. But that's just my best guess why they're doing that. I was in a similar boat with SUNY Upstate. People were hearing back in a couple weeks meanwhile I had to wait 3 months post interview for my decision.
I could see this take as likely. I believe that they are done (or nearly done) with interviews as the last Q&A has passed. Their website (here) says that decisions are sent until Mid-April. I think that if they knew they were going to reject someone, the decision would come quickly. However, its everyone teetering in-between the decisions that makes this process more drawn out.

Has anyone heard from admissions in the past couple of weeks? 🥲

Just a WL notification around 2 weeks ago:(
+1 had a really fast turn around after my interview too. Honestly, I'm taking it as a good sign. They prob don't have any spots left atm, until people with a bunch of acceptances decide where they're going first.

Last edited:
Are we supposed to do FAFSA or any financial aid stuff while waiting for a decision?

Pre-II R today just in case anyone else is still waiting

• Care
Yeah I would
Like what though, other than the FAFSA? I don't see how to fill out their General Application for scholarships without a UBIT ID and password. Cost is a driver in making a decision but I don't see what to do to get an answer on financial aid or scholarships other than the FAFSA.

Like what though, other than the FAFSA? I don't see how to fill out their General Application for scholarships without a UBIT ID and password. Cost is a driver in making a decision but I don't see what to do to get an answer on financial aid or scholarships other than the FAFSA.
Oh I thought you were asking about filling out fafsa! Nvm then

I just released my A, hope it goes to someone who needs it! Hang in there!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if the preclinical curriculum here is true pass fail (no internal rankings or quartiles?)

checking in - anyone here interview in feb and hear anything back? I interviewed 2/1 and dead silence

checking in - anyone here interview in feb and hear anything back? I interviewed 2/1 and dead silence
Nope- I was thinking maybe today, as it seems trends from this year and last year show decisions coming out on Tuesdays, so fingers crossed! And I think April 15th was the date when ppl with multiple acceptances had to narrow down to 3, so maybe they've been waiting to see how many open spots they have? Or maybe that's just my neurotic way of thinking and hoping we hear today lol

Last edited:
Same here. Also interviewed in the first week of Feb, and also dead silence. Crossing my fingers for the both of us :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if the preclinical curriculum here is true pass fail (no internal rankings or quartiles?)
Disappointingly, no. You are ranked in quintiles and the quintiles are included in your dean’s letter.

Received an A yesterday, interviewed 01/19. I just withdrew it, best of luck to all of you future docs!!!

Received an A today! Interviewed the first week of February. I will definitely be attending this school and withdrawing other acceptances :)
Still keeping hope for all of the other interviewees that have yet to hear back or are on the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my A. Good luck to you all. Go bills.

Reactions: 2 users
just got the A via email, interviewed week of 2/5 :)

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if Jacobs school requires you to "plan to enroll?" They sent out an email explaining the CYMS protocols, and it sounded like they only had a requirement for the "commit to enroll" deadline. Is it okay if I do not "plan to enroll" yet, since I'm still on a few other WLs?

Anyone know if Jacobs school requires you to "plan to enroll?" They sent out an email explaining the CYMS protocols, and it sounded like they only had a requirement for the "commit to enroll" deadline. Is it okay if I do not "plan to enroll" yet, since I'm still on a few other WLs?
You should plan to enroll (non-binding so you can remain on the WLs) instead of commit to enroll (binding)

Yes, but what if I don't select either for now? Will it negatively affect me?
If you have an acceptance, you need to PTE by May 1st so do that ASAP. After May 1st, you can only hold onto ONE acceptance at a time and as many waitlists as you want. If you get off a waitlist, you have a few days to decide (usually like 3-5 days). Three weeks before orientation begins for PTE, you MUST CTE, and at that point, you must withdraw from all medical school waitlists.

If I missed any questions, AMCAS has a ton of FAQs on this really confusing process that I would highly recommend you read through. But hit PTE for your med school ASAP (if you aren't, then they will assume you have a PTE elsewhere and then they will contact you or just straight up withdraw their offer of admissions).

If you have an acceptance, you need to PTE by May 1st so do that ASAP. After May 1st, you can only hold onto ONE acceptance at a time and as many waitlists as you want. If you get off a waitlist, you have a few days to decide (usually like 3-5 days). Three weeks before orientation begins for PTE, you MUST CTE, and at that point, you must withdraw from all medical school waitlists.

If I missed any questions, AMCAS has a ton of FAQs on this really confusing process that I would highly recommend you read through. But hit PTE for your med school ASAP (if you aren't, then they will assume you have a PTE elsewhere and then they will contact you or just straight up withdraw their offer of admissions).
Does PTE option show up automatically on CYMS in AMCAS
What if you do not see option, if you got more then one acceptances

does anyone know how to get their UB person number? got an email saying my financial aid was available but i cant log in without the number

does anyone know how to get their UB person number? got an email saying my financial aid was available but i cant log in without the number
In the acceptance email from Dr. Dori Marshall:
"To obtain your UB person number, go to the login screen at [LINK] and click on 'Forgot Your Password?'. Enter the email and date of birth used on your AMCAS application to request a password sent by email. [...] 'Note: person numbers are issued on a nightly basis. If the UB person number field is not yet populated when you log in, try again in 24 hours.'"

Hopefully this gets everything squared away for you :)

• Care
withdrew A, good luck future doctors!! :)