2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe someone earlier said that the class is usually full by the end of June :/
Mannn I guess I will have to sign that lease šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Another week of spamming my email refresh buttonā€¦

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Itā€™s such a money grab to make us reapply at the same time being on a waitlist but as if itā€™s not bad enough I need to take time off work to go to the doctors so I can submit health forms by July 1st even tho I may not even get in. Iā€™m just so upset and frustrated

Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT IN GUYS! I was teaching class as I got the email bc Iā€™m a substitute and told my students and we all went crazy . IS, Interviewed in October

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
I believe someone earlier said that the class is usually full by the end of June :/
That might have been me. At the info session, he said that between the end of May and the end of June. Obviously very ambiguous but I took it to mean that most of the WL movement takes place in May, while A's go out in June after someone drops out or declines the offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. I just got accepted this morning! is there a groupme that I can be DM'd the link to? Thank you!

• Love
I wonder if people only get accepted in the morning and I should stop checking my phone every 2 seconds

Where are all my 50X MCAT homies at? Who else here has stats so low that they got them boots with the fur?:banana:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
is anyone having trouble accessing the downstate banner platform to see their financial aid?

is anyone having difficulty accessing the required health forms needed? would highly appreciate it if someone can DM the stuff needed if the link is working on their end

Does anyone know or have called about how full the class is as of now? Just tryna get a sense of how much WL movement is left

Reactions: 1 user
Where are my 50X MCAT homies at? Who else here has stats so low that they have them boots with the fur?:banana:
Just got accepted off of WL last week. 509 MCAT and also did not have any volunteering and technically my clinical experience wasnā€™t technically clinical. Did research but no pubs. Also found out around 2 pm on a Wednesday. Planning on enrolling too!!

Haven't really seen any lower stat WL acceptances here, RIP to the chance I thought I had!!!!
Not sure what is considered low stat, but I have under a 510 with not great ECs and also sent my primaries in early July. There is hope!!

• Love
Not sure what is considered low stat, but I have under a 510 with not great ECs and also sent my primaries in early July. There is hope!!
Thanks king appreciate itšŸ™ I wish you lots of success at downstate!!!

is anyone having difficulty accessing the required health forms needed? would highly appreciate it if someone can DM the stuff needed if the link is working on their end
There is a link on the portal that takes you to the pdf forms, which you then email to them after they are filled out (as one pdf)- you need forms 1,2, and 3

Holyyyyyy nuts I just got an A!!! Iā€™m kinda freaking out but also my job fully does not have anyone to replace me and I signed a new lease so time to figure out if I can do a deferred acceptance šŸ˜¬

Btw: OOS, ORM, 3.69/516, LOTS of research and clinical experience

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Holyyyyyy nuts I just got an A!!! Iā€™m kinda freaking out but also my job fully does not have anyone to replace me and I signed a new lease so time to figure out if I can do a deferred acceptance šŸ˜¬

Btw: OOS, ORM, 3.69/516, LOTS of research and clinical experience
Iā€™m so happy your one AL turned into an acceptance! You deserve it, congratssss!!

A on monday. IS ORM 4.0 516 Lots of research, limited clinical experience.

It appears my time will never come šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
As a low stat applicant, which you could probably tell by my username, I feel the same. I donā€™t know why I even got an interview šŸ¤£ šŸ¤”
Deadass fr, they interviewed me in september to make me thing i got a chance. They gotta be prankin me for a youtube video

Reactions: 3 users
Recieved an A on monday. However, I will be turning it down to commit to another school and I hope it goes to someone here without any As šŸ˜Š. That being said, I'd like to show you all some problematic things I've discovered about this school and I would urge people who have other acceptances to go elsewhere, especially PoCs. Check out this instagram account @blackatdownstate This school has a reputation for sabotaging minority student's grades during clinical skills.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230523-092535_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523-092535_Instagram.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20230523-092325_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523-092325_Instagram.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_20230523-092252_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523-092252_Instagram.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Lol. Definitely kinda hate Downstate for making me move out of town, but the instagram account bashing downstate was made in 2020, so it's pretty unlikely that I've been masterminding this for 3 years.

Lol. Definitely kinda hate Downstate for making me move out of town, but the instagram account bashing downstate was made in 2020, so it's pretty unlikely that I've been masterminding this for 3 years.

dw your secret is safe with me ;)

In all seriousness, best of luck future doc!

Have any accepted students got their health clearance marked completed on their pre-matric checklist? I am trying to complete it before leave the country for vacation but the student health office has been unresponsive to my emails.

Have any accepted students got their health clearance marked completed on their pre-matric checklist? I am trying to complete it before leave the country for vacation but the student health office has been unresponsive to my emails.
No. And they wonā€™t respond, I asked admissions

• Sad