You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last year's SDN thread showsAnyone know when movement started last yr?
^^this on May 18th as the first mention of someone moving off the waitlistJust got the call that admissions has reached my name on the HPA list!! I was accepted for the Binghamton campus for the last 2 years. I just wanted to give you guys the update so that you all know that the list is moving!! I hope to see you all on campus in August 🙂
jsks23213d
New Member
Update: I called this Morning, and the counsellor told me that WL movement started last week but very slowly, and that I have a good chance of coming out , but there are many ahead of me (no guarantee). This year they have to finalize their list early so I am inferring that WL movement should be faster but i’m not completely confident that they will reach me… In conclusion, if they were to reach my position this year, it would probably be in mid/late June. Side note, it looks like WL movement is picking up in other schools, so I hope we all get a happy ending. 🙏
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PseudoAmerican
Full Member
Update: I called this Morning, and the counsellor told me that WL movement started last week but very slowly, and that I have a good chance of coming out , but there are many ahead of me (no guarantee). This year they have to finalize their list early so I am inferring that WL movement should be faster but i’m not completely confident that they will reach me… In conclusion, if they were to reach my position this year, it would probably be in mid/late June. Side note, it looks like WL movement is picking up in other schools, so I hope we all get a happy ending. 🙏
Wow, it looks like they've got their pitch down to a T cuz they gave me the exact same wording hahaha. Fingers crossed for the both of us 🤞
Also, are you inferring about hearing back in mid-late June, or did they give you this estimate? I tried asking them if they could predict when I could possibly hear back and they just said that they couldn't tell me that, but they reassured me that I'm in a good spot and still have reason to remain optimistic.
jsks23213d
New Member
I inferred this information after they kind of said that my position was reached in the later part of last year’s cycle. They also told me to check back in a few weeks, and suggested to start my application just to be on the safe side if I was debating to reapply. I feel that this process has been an incredibly humbling and emotionally draining experience — in a twisted way, I’m convincing myself that this is another trial to build my resilience. Did they also suggest you to re-app?Wow, it looks like they've got their pitch down to a T cuz they gave me the exact same wording hahaha. Fingers crossed for the both of us 🤞
Also, are you inferring about hearing back in mid-late June, or did they give you this estimate? I tried asking them if they could predict when I could possibly hear back and they just said that they couldn't tell me that, but they reassured me that I'm in a good spot and still have reason to remain optimistic.
PseudoAmerican
Full Member
They didn't explicitly suggest I begin re-applying, all they said is that it's really up to me...But I'll try asking the next time I callI inferred this information after they kind of said that my position was reached in the later part of last year’s cycle. They also told me to check back in a few weeks, and suggested to start my application just to be on the safe side if I was debating to reapply. I feel that this process has been an incredibly humbling and emotionally draining experience — in a twisted way, I’m convincing myself that this is another trial to build my resilience. Did they also suggest you to re-app?
Last edited:
grateful.mushroom
Full Member
SAMEEEE 😭😭 SEE U THEREJust got the A off the HPA! Just wanted to let you guys know that the list is moving. Good luck everyone!
I'm a rising MS2 at upstate and just so you guys know, last year waitlist movement continued through LATE JUNE. Two of my classmates (that I know of) got the A eight days before orientation. So while I certainly wouldn't bank on it, don't entirely rule it out if you're still on the high priority waitlist.
Key-Rent4415
New Member
Just got the A off the HPLA on Tuesday (5/30)! Was psyched but then received an offer from my #1 school on Wednesday so I withdrew my acceptance. It was for Binghamton's clinical campus. For context, I called mid-May and was told I was in a "wonderful" and "really excellent" spot, had "very good reason" to remain optimistic, and that I could reapply if I wanted to be "safe". Sending good vibes to the person who needs the spot!!!
srishkabob
New Member
Is there an admitted students groupchat/discord link anyone can send my way 🙂 thx!
bumpIs there an admitted students groupchat/discord link anyone can send my way 🙂 thx!
Anyone looking for the admitted students discord link can PM me a screenshot of their acceptance and I'll provide the link.
PseudoAmerican
Full Member
JUST GOT THE CALL OFF THE HPA FOR THE SYRACUSE CAMPUS! MY ONE AND ONLY A!!! Looks like we're not gonna have to re-write the MCAT after all!!!!
For anyone still waiting, do not give up hope!!! They told me that the class won't be finalized until the end of the month!
For anyone still waiting, do not give up hope!!! They told me that the class won't be finalized until the end of the month!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jsks23213d
New Member
7/7 will be my forever lucky number. LETS GOOO
grateful.mushroom
Full Member
U got off the waitlist?!?!?!?!??! if yes, lets gooooo C U SOON!!7/7 will be my forever lucky number. LETS GOOO
plsacceptme<3
New Member
Could someone possibly please send the groupme or discord for accepted students 🙂