You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Temple University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thank you. Congratulations and best of luck to you.Withdrawing my application. Hope my interview slot goes to one of you, good luck!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?Accepted!!! Checked my portal and it was there!! And if you didn't see an acceptance email, check your spam folder-- mine was there!
So excited!!
+1 on the spam folderAccepted!!! Checked my portal and it was there!! And if you didn't see an acceptance email, check your spam folder-- mine was there!
So excited!!
9/28When did you interview?
Any recent IIs here?
Accepted via Portal and spam-folder email!
Accepted via Portal and spam-folder email!
When was the email sent? Today?
So I added Temple last minute, and am just now finishing the secondary. Did anyone use all 2000 characters for the first choice of campus question? I'm at half that and have nothing more to say....
I did but I definitely wouldn't say you have to. I would rather read a concise 1000 characters if the next 1000 characters are just gonna be fluff!
I did but I definitely wouldn't say you have to. I would rather read a concise 1000 characters if the next 1000 characters are just gonna be fluff!
Thanks! That's what I was thinking.
9/27Congrats!! When did you interview?
I wonder how long it takes for the portal to be updated once the committee reviews the post-interview application....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sent an ITA and just got offered an interview sometime this week. Stressed but so happy!
Sent an ITA and just got offered an interview sometime this week. Stressed but so happy!
Wait, you sent an email and received an II for within the week?? I’ll be in town next week.. wondering if I should email [emoji848]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I'm figuring it out! Crazy....Wait, you sent an email and received an II for within the week?? I’ll be in town next week.. wondering if I should email [emoji848]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, you sent an email and received an II for within the week?? I’ll be in town next week.. wondering if I should email [emoji848]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to bring another perspective. Sent an ITA update to them last month and got nothing aha
sameJust to bring another perspective. Sent an ITA update to them last month and got nothing aha
Samesame
Does anyone know the proper way to address Maria Zimmerman? Is she a Dr. or a Ms. or a Mrs.? 😵Same
I went with Maria as I couldn't find much on her.
-How recently has the curriculum changed/Are there any changes expected soon?Current MS2 here willing to answer some questions you guys may have.
-For the Philadelphia campus, what type of service groups are there? Is there a student run free clinic?
-What are the research opportunities like? Is it a track? Or on your own time?
-Are lectures recorded?
-Is the class collaborative?
Any interview advice? I am preparing for the expected questions but haven't found much else to go off of. I've read to be prepared for an interesting clinical section.Hey guys,
Current M1 at Temple. LMK if you have any questions!
I just received an interview invite for the St. Luke's campus! (IS, LM: 71)
Has anyone been to an interview at St. Luke's yet this cycle? Any advice? What are the simulation activities like?
Has anyone been to an interview at St. Luke's yet this cycle? Any advice? What are the simulation activities like?
Congrats on the II! Both interviews were conversational. The simulation activities weren't bad, either. Just follow the instructions they give you, and you should be fine.I just received an interview invite for the St. Luke's campus! (IS, LM: 71)
Has anyone been to an interview at St. Luke's yet this cycle? Any advice? What are the simulation activities like?
II for St. Luke’s this morning. OOS, LM ~71, complete 7/15. Gave me the choice of three sequential Tuesday’s starting on 11/21.
Such a great surprise while teaching a class
Such a great surprise while teaching a class
Where on the TU portal are the updates listed? Interviewed in early Oct and I'm anxious to hear the decision!
Were you main campus or St Lukes?I think it should be in the next steps section. I interviewed early October and haven't heard back either! But I think they said it would take at least 4 weeks?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-How recently has the curriculum changed/Are there any changes expected soon?
-For the Philadelphia campus, what type of service groups are there? Is there a student run free clinic?
-What are the research opportunities like? Is it a track? Or on your own time?
-Are lectures recorded?
-Is the class collaborative?
1. The curriculum has changed for this year based on previous year feedback from students. They shifted some of the blocks and streamlined what we are taught but otherwise I haven't noticed many changes.
2. There are at least a dozen service groups at Philly campus. You will be required do to service work during your first two years. And yes, there is a student run clinic right on campus.
3. During the first year you will be bombarded with emails from various PIs looking for medical students for research, ranging from basic to clinical. If you reach out to any faculty and want to do research, they will be happy to help you. Also, I think there were two MD/PHD students in our class.
4. Yes, lectures are recorded and posted on student website.
5. That may depend on the class, but so far my class has been extremely collaborative. We tend to look out for each other and share information. ut if you mean if the curriculum is structured for collaborative work, then yes. Starting the first week, students are assigned into groups and they work as a group for the next two years.All of our workshops require team effort and are graded based on group effort.
Last edited:
Withdrew today, good luck everyone!!
Has anyone who requested an ITA gotten a confirmation email?
And has anyone who updated had any luck getting the II??
And has anyone who updated had any luck getting the II??
Confirmation, but no IIHas anyone who requested an ITA gotten a confirmation email?
And has anyone who updated had any luck getting the II??
Has anyone who requested an ITA gotten a confirmation email?
And has anyone who updated had any luck getting the II??
I'm planning on updating early next week. Two new volunteering activities in the Philadelphia area. (Local campaign and substance use disorder service organization in the North Philadelphia area) If I have luck, I'll let you know!
Thank you. Interviewed yesterday and everything you said was true. I had a great day. Maria was so nice, the students were helpful and honest, and the faculty I met were kind and super conversational. It was a great day!For students Invited to interview and are afraid of the simulation portion: DON'T BE AFRAID. It's pretty fun.
When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking? And how’d you think the simulation portion went? I feel good about my interviews but not the simulationRejected less than four weeks post-interview ... on my birthday. Thought my interview went great 😕
Good luck everyone!
When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking? And how’d you think the simulation portion went? I feel good about my interviews but not the simulation
Early October. I felt they were awkward but who wouldn't?? I asked relevant questions for the allotted time and did what I could, didn't act like a freak. I don't know, I thought the rest of the interview day went so well.
anyone interview for st. luke's and hear back yet?
W
SprWhich campus?Early October. I felt they were awkward but who wouldn't?? I asked relevant questions for the allotted time and did what I could, didn't act like a freak. I don't know, I thought the rest of the interview day went so well.
no ):anyone interview for st. luke's and hear back yet?
Hi everyone. I am an M4 at Temple. I have some free time while I am traveling for residency interviews and I would be happy to answer any questions that you guys have. I will try to be as unbiased as possible but I really do love Temple and think it's the best
.
I interviewed there two weeks ago and I think he said we would hear 6 weeks out. Is that similar to what you heard?anyone interview for st. luke's and hear back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im interviewing on next Tuesday, is anyone willing to pm me how the day went and advice? Congrats to everyone accepted!
Has anybody that interviewed in early October heard back yet? Its been about 4 weeks since my interview and I'm getting anxious
If I was invited to interview at St. Lukes does that mean I’m being considered specifically for the program there, or does the regional campus not make a difference yet?
At my interview at St. Luke’s, we were told that we are specifically considered for that campus.If I was invited to interview at St. Lukes does that mean I’m being considered specifically for the program there, or does the regional campus not make a difference yet?
How have acceptances been delivered so far? Email or call?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K