2017-2018 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday afternoon before I went into the ER for work!

Re-applicant (was denied pre-II last time I applied)
IS
CASPer 9/7
WatchDawg score of ~ 71.

Edit: Complete beginning of August.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
To those of you that received updates, either interviews or rejections... when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the September dates are during days that I will be traveling for two other interviews, is it bad that I won't be able to attend UIC's interview until early October?

anyone know how long it usually takes to get a response once status changes to under review

anyone know how long it usually takes to get a response once status changes to under review
It seems like it's taking ~4 weeks from completed submission dates to receive II's (from what others have posted)

Got II last week
Completed 4th week of august
ORM
LM ~75-77

Getting a bit paranoid at this point - did anyone here get FAP? And therefore their fee waived for secondary?
I have the forwarded to the screening committee status but have this nudging feeling they aren't reviewing my app because the fee showed as 'not received' (screen cap below)

upload_2017-9-19_9-16-48.png

worth contacting admissions over or am I gonna sound a bit neurotic?

Getting a bit paranoid at this point - did anyone here get FAP? And therefore their fee waived for secondary?
I have the forwarded to the screening committee status but have this nudging feeling they aren't reviewing my app because the fee showed as 'not received' (screen cap below)

View attachment 223704

I got FAP and an II. It says N next to UIC fee waiver for me too. I think they are referring to a UIC issued fee waiver, not AAMC issued FAP fee waiver.

View attachment 223704

I have had the forwarded to the screening committee status for over a month now but I do have a Y next to the box that says fee received. I don't think it would hurt to check on it to confirm that your payment was received.

View attachment 223704

You're fine. I submitted with FAP and had an interview. It looks like that.

Anyone know if the IT problems they were having with scheduling October interviews are fixed?

Members don't see this ad :)
yo...I was just reviewing my secondary and noticed all of my " and ' show up as upside down ?.... Am i screwed....

yo...I was just reviewing my secondary and noticed all of my " and ' show up as upside down ?.... Am i screwed....

Yeah you should have edited that after you copy-pasted in your response. I also noticed a bunch of my punctuations changed format to the an upside down ?. What's done is done, I doubt it'll make a difference at all. I'm sure plenty of people didn't catch onto this. Don't worry you'll be fine.

Yeah you should have edited that after you copy-pasted in your response. I also noticed a bunch of my punctuations changed format to the an upside down ?. What's done is done, I doubt it'll make a difference at all. I'm sure plenty of people didn't catch onto this. Don't worry you'll be fine.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who did it but I hope whoever reads my essay doesn't really care. I hate that this is pretty much up to the adcom who sees my file :/

Anyone got any more IIs? Are these things put out in batches, or case-by-case? Getting anxious here. Complete early August, file "under consideration" since last week. Any thoughts?

Anyone got any more IIs? Are these things put out in batches, or case-by-case? Getting anxious here. Complete early August, file "under consideration" since last week. Any thoughts?
I have also been marked as "under consideration by the screening committee" since 9/12. Received secondary 8/29, submitted 8/30. So nervous!!

Mine still says, "Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee" :(

Mine still says, "Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee" :(
Not to worry! UIC is notoriously bad in doing things PROPERLY (I should know, I went there for my undergraduate), so keep the faith.

II about a week ago, Completed 8/1

I submitted 7/21 and my status has been under review for a long time now. In state 519/3.95.

Uic is really one of my top choices so I'm really worried about the silence for so long.

With stats like those they're probably arranging a personalized welcome to their school. Have faith, my dude. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Any feedback from those who have already interviewed on what to expect?

Any feedback from those who have already interviewed on what to expect?
Real laid back, easy to talk to, low stress. Practice basic answers and you should be good. One of my interviews was really enjoyable, seemed more of a "does personality fit" than if my app was good. Three interviews, mix of faculty/med students/researchers/administrators among everyone. Don't stress, be confident!

Just noticed under the application portal they have not received any of my LOR. I called the phone number and she explained that my letters need to be certified from AMCAS (I'm assuming she means my account needs to be verified?) and then it takes them 1-2 days to be able to download my letters and to call back tomorrow or Friday. All my other schools received my letters early Sept. no problems. When I call back should I express concern since I submitted everything early and its rolling admissions?

Stupid question, but what is the portal? It is the same page where we submitted our secondary? All I see is "Supplemental Application Status."

EDIT: found the correct url in my email :)
In which email? The only email I received has a link to the secondary and a link about CASPer. I never received a confirmation email..

Just noticed under the application portal they have not received any of my LOR. I called the phone number and she explained that my letters need to be certified from AMCAS (I'm assuming she means my account needs to be verified?) and then it takes them 1-2 days to be able to download my letters and to call back tomorrow or Friday. All my other schools received my letters early Sept. no problems. When I call back should I express concern since I submitted everything early and its rolling admissions?
I would not call back, they cannot do anything about it. In addition, if I was an Adcom member and this was noted that you expressed concern on your file, I would wonder why you took so long to complete your app for verficiation in the 1st place.

In which email? The only email I received has a link to the secondary and a link about CASPer. I never received a confirmation email..
You gotta look at the email carefully. The hyperlink was not highlighted and i had to copy/paste

Just a heads up: the interview scheduling page is not at all intuitive... I was reading it completely incorrectly and looked really dumb while calling to schedule... Luckily the woman on the phone was super nice!
But yeah, II today
Complete on 7/27
"Under consideration" since at least 9/2 (first time I checked)
IS, LizzyM 64-66

I've been "forwarded to the screening committee" for almost two months now. OOS. Anyone else in the same boat and has contacted the office about this? Should I call..?

I've been "forwarded to the screening committee" for almost two months now. OOS. Anyone else in the same boat and has contacted the office about this? Should I call..?

No need. They will either interview you or reject you.

I called since I've been complete since early July. Very nice lady on the phone was confused too, but couldn't provide any more information than what's on the portal. But yea, it just seems like we're going to have to be patient here.

I called since I've been complete since early July. Very nice lady on the phone was confused too, but couldn't provide any more information than what's on the portal. But yea, it just seems like we're going to have to be patient here.
had the same situation and tried calling. the woman that answered was super nice but also explained how she doesnt know where the apps are in the process and can't change anything. just have to wait it out!

"Under consideration" for about a month now. Hard to stay patient and not worry. Keep thinking about how I could have improved on my application...

II today! Literally 0 changes on the portal since I submitted circa 8/15.Chicago campus, all dates super close, like in the next 2 weeks. No dates available beyond that.

II today! Literally 0 changes on the portal since I submitted circa 8/15.Chicago campus, all dates super close, like in the next 2 weeks. No dates available beyond that.

Congratulations!! So you went from "forwarded to the screening committee" to receiving an II?

Yayyy congrats!! Just making sure, your status never changed from "forwarded to the screening committee"? If that's the case, you give me hope!

Yayyy congrats!! Just making sure, your status never changed from "forwarded to the screening committee"? If that's the case, you give me hope!
To be fair, I didn't look every day. I probably last looked 4-5 days prior on the portal. But yeah. No changes to my knowledge til I got the II. It seems like they're only offering interviews within 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time left! Other schools I applied to are already scheduling out to February. So there's tonnnnns of slots left. :::looking up Hamilton tickets::: haha

Reactions: 2 users
II received this week. LM ~80. IL resident and complete mid july. I was "forwarded to screening committee" for about 2 months.

Can anyone speak more about the interviews? Are they formal, informal, something in between? Open or closed file?

II received this week. LM ~80. IL resident and complete mid july. I was "forwarded to screening committee" for about 2 months.

Can anyone speak more about the interviews? Are they formal, informal, something in between? Open or closed file?

I'm not sure what you mean by formal/informal. I interviewed with a student and faculty. It was comfortable. Nobody is out to get you. Open file. It's a nice day! I enjoyed it a lot.

They're informal; one is with a current medical student and the other is with 2 people (a faculty member and a physician). I was asked pretty standard questions in both. They made a point of saying at the beginning that the interviewers only have your essays bc the admissions committee has already deemed you academically appropriate for the school or else they wouldn't have extended an interview. Also, as a side note, the interview day is short (11:45am to 4pm at the latest). Hope that helps!