-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Vanderbilt University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II yay!
Yay! Complete date?II yay!
II here today as well! Submitted secondary 7/23! Good luck all 🙂
7/30Yay! Complete date?
Redacted
Last edited:
Are they screening this year?
Just received a secondary at 4:30 AM on a Saturday, the day after being verified. 521, 3.58.
There's no way the screen is the same this year as last year is there?
They're still screening. I received an email that they got my application, but no secondary - it's been nearly a month. 522, 3.43.
Redacted
Got this email as well 😳 It was so nice that I kind of felt bad about it! Luckily, two of my Duke essays fit quite nicely in the autobiography so it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating.
Yeah, with this approach the autobiography isn't turning out to be nearly as bad as I expected. Now I'm running into word count issues...... I want to use a bunch of my Duke essays but I just don't have room! How many "events" did you flesh out? I might only have room for like, 2 or maybe 3 if I trim a bunch of stuff down
How long do you think there's still hope for a secondary? I'm not really feeling it now that people are getting interviews...They're still screening. I received an email that they got my application, but no secondary - it's been nearly a month. 522, 3.43.
How long do you think there's still hope for a secondary? I'm not really feeling it now that people are getting interviews...
I called them up last week and they said they continue to send out secondaries throughout the season. I imagine that if we don't get one before the deadline to return them, then we are definitely rejected. I'm assuming I'm rejected now and they just don't bother sending rejections out.
I didn't request student housing cause I'm arriving super late, but you could check out the music city hostel or downtown hostel -- I was checking them out for being pretty damn cheap if you don't mind the hostel style. Music city hostel seems to be very close to campus, too.Has anyone with an II heard back from student housing yet? Kind of don't want to drop more money on a hotel :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II earlier today! Stats: rising senior, 4.0 GPA, 524 MCAT. Submitted secondary 8/6.
II earlier today! Stats: rising senior, 4.0 GPA, 524 MCAT. Submitted secondary 8/6.
Trade me stats plz
For those who completed the secondaries, for the presentations/publications part, what counts as presentations of original work? If I have done faculty-mentored research or research through summer programs, can I submit that info as a presentation? Or is it just for independent research?
For those who completed the secondaries, for the presentations/publications part, what counts as presentations of original work? If I have done faculty-mentored research or research through summer programs, can I submit that info as a presentation? Or is it just for independent research?
I think if you presented it at the end of the summer program at some sort of symposium, that could probably count. But FYI, I just looked at my submitted secondary and I'm not sure where you're seeing them asking for presentations/publications?
I think if you presented it at the end of the summer program at some sort of symposium, that could probably count. But FYI, I just looked at my submitted secondary and I'm not sure where you're seeing them asking for presentations/publications?
I am applying MD/PhD so maybe that is unique to the MD/PhD application?
I am applying MD/PhD so maybe that is unique to the MD/PhD application?
Yup, that would make sense! If you're applying MD/PhD I would hype your research experience as much as possible -- I would count those end of summer research presentations and posters, because whether it was independent research or faculty-mentored/through a formal program, you still have developed those skills.
Still no secondary but 3.61/511 so am not expecting much. WAY out of range for me but saw they accepted as low as 507 and 3.1 cGPA last year
I'm starting to wonder when I should actually stop watching this thread, right?
I'm starting to wonder when I should actually stop watching this thread, right?
I feel like that for pretty much every thread right now since most of my schools are reaches with my stats lol
D
deleted870337
On the applicant portal it shows a green bar and check mark over AMCAS app and secondary app, but "3. under review" is still white. Does this mean that they just haven't gotten to my app yet or am I missing something? I submitted my secondary weeks ago. I'm not sure if I should email them.
On the applicant portal it shows a green bar and check mark over AMCAS app and secondary app, but "3. under review" is still white. Does this mean that they just haven't gotten to my app yet or am I missing something? I submitted my secondary weeks ago. I'm not sure if I should email them.
+1
If you hover over the white box, it will bring up a bubble that says your application is under review. I think you are fine.
If you hover over the white box, it will bring up a bubble that says your application is under review. I think you are fine.
Mine doesn't seem to do that... maybe I will send them an email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not doing that for me either.Oh really? Here is how it appears on my comp. View attachment 223352
I have no idea how to resize the image to make it less aggressively large.
D
deleted870337
+1 yeah mine does not do that and it does not have a clock symbol next to the "3" either
D
deleted870337
I emailed them they said that mine was in review even without the hover feature, so i guess it is fine
Complete in early Aug. but no news yet. Anyone else in the same boat?
MDAre you waiting for MD or MSTP?
Fun fact to break up the silence on this thread: apparently they took a total of 0 people from the waitlist last year.
I find this both encouraging and terrifying 😱
I find this both encouraging and terrifying 😱
rejected today, best of luck everyone
Damn. At least they don't do silent rejections. Good luck with the rest of your cycle!
I am sorry to hear that. Pre or post-secondary?rejected today, best of luck everyone
preI am sorry to hear that. Pre or post-secondary?
This gives me hope that they may finally reject me before the season ends. Because I can't imagine I'm getting a secondary any time soon. Best of luck with your other applications! We can commiserate together.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected pre-secondary today as well, but its okay though because I already have three other interviews so I am not too sad about it. I am slightly confused as to why though considering one of my II is at a top 25...
Congrats on your three interviews! Good luckRejected pre-secondary today as well, but its okay though because I already have three other interviews so I am not too sad about it. I am slightly confused as to why though considering one of my II is at a top 25...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same, but best of luckRejected pre-secondary today as well, but its okay though because I already have three other interviews so I am not too sad about it. I am slightly confused as to why though considering one of my II is at a top 25...
II just now, complete 8/19. LM 66 - 72
For people complete around mid-August, do you have the clock symbol next to "Under Review" on the portal?
Nope, mine doesn't have the symbol on it and I submitted on 8/14.
Do they/have they rejected anyone post-secondary yet?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
