You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Smkronstedt0609
Full Member
What does that mean?I just contacted admissions and they told me that the waitlist does not have a high priority selection
I think that's what happened with a few of my friends who interviewed there last year.Do you guys know if it is worth going to the interview in March? Will students just get on the high priority list?
Best wishes for the remainder of the cycle. Would you mind sharing your complete date?Rejected pre-II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted903608
Do you guys know if it is worth going to the interview in March? Will students just get on the high priority list?
For what it's worth, I'm a current student who interviewed here in April. Definitely still worth attending if you're interested in the school.
What does that mean?
In last years thread, it seems that people that were put on a waitlist as well as people were put on a "high priority waitlist". Since being waitlisted I contacted admissions to see if they were staggering the waitlist by normal waitlist and HPW to see if I had any chance. They informed me that there is no HPW.
Smkronstedt0609
Full Member
What is a HPW?In last years thread, it seems that people that were put on a waitlist as well as people were put on a "high priority waitlist". Since being waitlisted I contacted admissions to see if they were staggering the waitlist by normal waitlist and HPW to see if I had any chance. They informed me that there is no HPW.
high priority waitlistWhat is a HPW?
Last year it was made in early April so prob around then it’ll officially be made.. there’s one already made from two years ago but didn’t join that lmaoDo we know if there is a fb group for accepted students?
D
deleted903608
Would you mind sharing if you were on the waitlist before you were accepted?
Yes I was shortly WL'ed but I think I was on the High Priority waitlist. Not sure if that's an "official" thing but in previous years people definitely got two different waitlist emails and most "high priority" ones seem to later be accepted. Last year the high priority ones had "status update" in the subject and regular had "waitlist" in the subject.
Einstein really wants to accept people who will attend I think, thus the heavy use of the waitlist.
Post II R... In retrospect, I should have sent thank you letters / LOI or updates. Best of luck to the rest of you guys waiting to hear back.
Post II R... In retrospect, I should have sent thank you letters / LOI or updates. Best of luck to the rest of you guys waiting to hear back.
Sorry to hear this. Did you just find out today, and when was your interview?
Maybe. I can't keep any of the SUNYs straight thoAm i the only one that gets Mt Sinai mixed up with Einstein and vice versa when talking about the schools?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Smkronstedt0609
Full Member
When did you interview?Post II R... In retrospect, I should have sent thank you letters / LOI or updates. Best of luck to the rest of you guys waiting to hear back.
Sorry to hear this. Did you just find out today, and when was your interview?
Early October, got the email yesterday
Maybe. I can't keep any of the SUNYs straight tho
Haha how is that possible. All of them are literally spread apart as far as possible throughout NY, not to mention each of them has a special/different name!
I mean, I'm from the midwest and I didn't apply to any lolHaha how is that possible. All of them are literally spread apart as far as possible throughout NY, not to mention each of them has a special/different name!
I mean, I'm from the midwest and I didn't apply to any lol
Hahaha ok that makes a lot more sense!
The thing is that there is no high priority waitlist in this cycle year it seems.Do you all think that interviews in March might just be for the waitlist at this point?
Congratulations!II today! Complete 8/8. Sent an update after the New Year.
Was there ever any consensus on whether updates are well received at Einstein?
Congratulations!
Was there ever any consensus on whether updates are well received at Einstein?
Their website says "Applicants may send updates only after interview, not after notice that the application has been completed."
R pre-II today. LM ~ 70 ... sent an update in last week, guess they hated it lol 🤣
When were you complete?
drcivil
Full Member
When were you complete?
10/22
10/22
I was complete a few days after you. Perhaps I will get some news soon as well
Woops, you're right about that. Hopefully they don't noticeTheir website says "Applicants may send updates only after interview, not after notice that the application has been completed."

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NopeAnyone who has accepted their offer get an email to pay the deposit yet?
soccerkid96
Full Member
Is anyone from November still waiting for a decision? I attribute my neuroticism to thinking all decisions would be released on Feb. 1
Yes, interviewed mid-November and haven't heard anything. Hoping it doesn't mean bad news
I've neurotically checked last year's thread... It seemed like those that were waitlisted later in february, as opposed to those in the first batch, were the ones who were on the high priority waitlist (even though it was not called that) and were later accepted. You can check last years thread post feb to draw your own conclusions, but I hope this is the case for you!Yes, interviewed mid-November and haven't heard anything. Hoping it doesn't mean bad news
Also interviewed mid-Nov so hoping for decision soon. Doesnt seem like many posted acceptances here on feb 1 anyways.Yes, interviewed mid-November and haven't heard anything. Hoping it doesn't mean bad news
Got an email verifying completed application on 12/3 (few months after I completed the secondary)
Sent an update letter pretty soon after on 12/13.
Still radio silence- really love this school but this late in the game are my chances blown? Just wondering how late they truly offer interviews or if there is anything I can do, like sending another update letter?
Sent an update letter pretty soon after on 12/13.
Still radio silence- really love this school but this late in the game are my chances blown? Just wondering how late they truly offer interviews or if there is anything I can do, like sending another update letter?
FuturePhysicianz
Full Member
For those that were accepted:
1. Did you get an email in regards to paying the deposit yet?
2. Is there anything else we need to submit besides the 2 forms and certiphi background check as of now?
Just making sure lol
1. Did you get an email in regards to paying the deposit yet?
2. Is there anything else we need to submit besides the 2 forms and certiphi background check as of now?
Just making sure lol
No and I believe no. For the certiphi, did you just click release report?For those that were accepted:
1. Did you get an email in regards to paying the deposit yet?
2. Is there anything else we need to submit besides the 2 forms and certiphi background check as of now?
Just making sure lol
Pretty sure the financial aid questionnatiewill be sent to us soon.No and I believe no. For the certiphi, did you just click release report?
nope, and nope. I'm sure they'll let us know about paying a deposit soonFor those that were accepted:
1. Did you get an email in regards to paying the deposit yet?
2. Is there anything else we need to submit besides the 2 forms and certiphi background check as of now?
Just making sure lol
Not the first forum I've seen you post on. There is good information if you read what has already been said on this thread.My son has an interview in March. Can anyone share some light on what the interview is like? Please...
FuturePhysicianz
Full Member
I already did certiphi earlier on since I was accepted into another school, but yea just release the report and you should be good to go.No and I believe no. For the certiphi, did you just click release report?
also if you don't click "release report" it will still automatically send the report if you don't dispute it within 1 week i believeNo and I believe no. For the certiphi, did you just click release report?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FuturePhysicianz
Full Member
Certiphi sends the report to all schools you have been accepted to automatically right? So I wouldn't have to do anything if I released the report a while ago?also if you don't click "release report" it will still automatically send the report if you don't dispute it within 1 week i believe
correct lol i submitted mine like early/mid January and I haven't been asked again. if you login it literally wont even have the option to send it againCertiphi sends the report to all schools you have been accepted to automatically right? So I wouldn't have to do anything if I released the report a while ago?
November and still nothing. Based on last years forums, best case scenario is a waitlistInterviewed early October, still haven't heard anything. Anyone in the same boat?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K