2018-2019 California Northstate University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome. So does that mean federal loans will be available to the 2019 entering class?

There is a possibility, but don't count on it. That being said, we have a good amount of private loan options as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a possibility, but don't count on it. That being said, we have a good amount of private loan options as well.
What are the average interest rates on these loans? From you and your classmates? Thank you!

For those who had the interview, how was the experience? Also is the interview station by station or do you converse with one interviewer for the whole time?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the average interest rates on these loans? From you and your classmates? Thank you!

Not sure about the average, but the rates are decent enough. Mostly I've heard 5s and 6s, depending on credit. Can get as low as 4s I think?

For those who had the interview, how was the experience? Also is the interview station by station or do you converse with one interviewer for the whole time?

They'll go over this in the morning, but for me last year this was the format:
AM: Talks and various informations about school. Small breakfast provided.
Noon: Lunch with students and faculty, open Q&A
PM: Interviews
Hopefully out by 3PM

6 MMI stations, 10 minutes each, 2 minutes between stations.
Each station consists of one scenario (5 min) and one follow up question (5 min).
No roleplay, no tasks, etc. Purely scenarios.
Your interviewers will consist of various faculty, staff, and students who have all been trained as interviewers.

They'll go over this in the morning, but for me last year this was the format:
AM: Talks and various informations about school. Small breakfast provided.
Noon: Lunch with students and faculty, open Q&A
PM: Interviews
Hopefully out by 3PM

6 MMI stations, 10 minutes each, 2 minutes between stations.
Each station consists of one scenario (5 min) and one follow up question (5 min).
No roleplay, no tasks, etc. Purely scenarios.
Your interviewers will consist of various faculty, staff, and students who have all been trained as interviewers.
Format was the same for me this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Interview invite today! They gave me November 30th but I’ll probably withdraw as I have an acceptance at an already accredited school.

Interview invite today! They gave me November 30th but I’ll probably withdraw as I have an acceptance at an already accredited school.
Congrats on acceptance! Stats and complete date?

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

How much of a possibility do you think it is? Has there been any mention of it by faculty? I’ve been hearing a lot of different stories, but predominately that the school is only allowing loans from companies it’s in bed with.

How much of a possibility do you think it is? Has there been any mention of it by faculty? I’ve been hearing a lot of different stories, but predominately that the school is only allowing loans from companies it’s in bed with.

Essentially zero possibility. There is no reason to believe the school will have federal loans as the school has told us they are not planning on it. I think the student that said that is well meaning but providing false hope.

The loan companies are Sallie Mae and SLFC and provide loans to many schools. An additional lender is being worked on. While I agree there's fewer options than optimal, your phrase "In bed with' has the connotation that the school is doing something immoral with company. I haven't seen any evidence of that.

We were told at the interview in September, and I quote, "We do not participate in federal loan programs. There will be no federal loans for your four years of school." That seems quite definitive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Like I said, don't count on it. If federal loans is a make/break factor for you, then I'm sorry to say I can't offer any concrete assurances. We as students are of course actively campaigning for federal loans, and this includes every class from M1 to M4, but I don't expect to see a change by the start of the new school year.

Does anyone know if this school accepts pre-II updates? I am aware of their Commnication Policy as outlined here http://medicine.cnsu.edu/shareddocs/FAQAboutAdmissionPolicies.pdf (the first couple paragraphs have all the info you need)

So does this mean we send updates to their admissions office? If anyone knows that would be great, otherwise I will call them

Yes, any updates you'd like to make to you file should be sent via email to the email listed in the link you posted.

I would then follow up with a call to the number and extension that was also listed, to bring it to their attention.

This is what me and a number of other applicants did last cycle and it worked fine :)

Yes, any updates you'd like to make to you file should be sent via email to the email listed in the link you posted.

I would then follow up with a call to the number and extension that was also listed, to bring it to their attention.

This is what me and a number of other applicants did last cycle and it worked fine :)
Thank you for the help! :)

When did they say the October interview group would hear back?

withdrawing my interview here for 11/30 hope it goes to one of you!

Accepted on 11/27. Interviewed 10/26. I will be attending this school, bit overwhelmed by all the paperwork I have to fill out but I’m very grateful and happy.

Reactions: 4 users
II today for March 1st. Seems pretty far away, but still stoked! :)

Accepted on 11/27. Interviewed 10/26. I will be attending this school, bit overwhelmed by all the paperwork I have to fill out but I’m very grateful and happy.

Lmao yeah that paperwork is insane. Only thing they didnt ask for was the blood of a unicorn.

II today for March 1st. Seems pretty far away, but still stoked! :)
Congratulations!! But oh no they're scheduled into March...meaning they're almost done giving out IIs?

Congratulations!! But oh no they're scheduled into March...meaning they're almost done giving out IIs?

Last cycle, the interview season went deep into May. The cycle before that was the same.

I got my Feb II in January, and got my decision in March.

I don't if they'll repeat the same thing this cycle, but stay positive and keep your chin up :)

II received 12/05 for February 8!

Last edited:
Does anybody know how full the class is already??

Does anybody know how full the class is already??

Truthfully, no one will have any idea outside of the admissions committee and that kind of information is held in a death grip by any adcom, here or otherwise.

Also truthfully, the class roster will vary throughout the cycle as spots are offered and prospective students accept/decline/withdraw. I do know that some students were receiving acceptances up to the week before school started.

Hi all, I got a II here for 1/11 back on 11/12. I was wondering if there are any current students out there that I could PM and ask a couple of questions about the school? Excited for my II!

Hi all, I got a II here for 1/11 back on 11/12. I was wondering if there are any current students out there that I could PM and ask a couple of questions about the school? Excited for my II!
M1 here, I'll do my best to answer your questions!

Also an M1, I'm sure @honortousall has you covered, but feel free to PM me as well.

Hello CNU/CNUCOM fellow students,

My DD was accepted into 2+4 program at CNUCHS.We are OOS and she is set on becoming doctor.What suggestions or advice do you give about this program?What is the class size of 2+4 earlier and how successfully they got into COM. Mcat scores? Gpa?Kindly provide as much as information possible.

I got an ii today for Feb 8th, but unfortunately I can't make it on that day. Does anyone know if I would be able to reschedule?

I got an ii today for Feb 8th, but unfortunately I can't make it on that day. Does anyone know if I would be able to reschedule?
That's the last date I've heard of, but maybe you can email and ask nicely.

From what I know, the appropriate reasons for missing an interview is very short. They usually do interviews up until May, but you must have a very good reason to reschedule. My best suggestion would be to call immediately. Then whether or not you get through, follow up with an email to ensure there is a written record of your request.

Also understand that this is a rolling admissions process, and while a late interview date will not preclude an acceptance, it has the potential to make it less likely that you do receive an acceptance.

Anyone have any advice on things to study that would help with answering the MMI scenarios?

Look up practice scenarios on YouTube, read up on Bioethics principles, practice with a timer, practice with friends and family. Don't stress too hard, MMIs are much easier than a traditional interview format.

Reactions: 2 users