2018-2019 Emory University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have a green check mark under "Application to Emory Complete"? It should be in the Status tab.
I don't even have the Application to Emory Complete option. I talked to admissions and they didn't seem concerned as they can see all my information/letters. Hopefully it won't hold up my app!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't even have the Application to Emory Complete option. I talked to admissions and they didn't seem concerned as they can see all my information/letters. Hopefully it won't hold up my app!
Sounds like it won't! I didn't get an email either but I do have that on my portal.

I submitted my photo to Emory, but I missed the point for a plain background. There are tree's in the background, but it was a professional photo taken for my LinkedIn. Kinda stressed now...

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my photo to Emory, but I missed the point for a plain background. There are tree's in the background, but it was a professional photo taken for my LinkedIn. Kinda stressed now...

Probably won't matter as long as your face is clearly visible. The photos are usually just so they can remember you while going over your file.

Pity, I'm sure you would've gotten an II if you sent a properly followed professional picture. Oh well, I heard the Caribbean is quite nice during interview season :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm considering adding this school to my list. Is it still early enough in the process to send them my primary? Just want to make sure I'm not too late before spending the fee to add it and wait for a secondary.

I'm considering adding this school to my list. Is it still early enough in the process to send them my primary? Just want to make sure I'm not too late before spending the fee to add it and wait for a secondary.
they haven't even started offering interviews, you are definitely still early in the cycle

Reactions: 1 user
I just recieved a complete email from Emory. I officially submitted my secondary on 7/7 despite having all material submitted to aamc I just now was “complete.” Has this happened to anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
I just recieved a complete email from Emory. I officially submitted my secondary on 7/7 despite having all material submitted to aamc I just now was “complete.” Has this happened to anyone else?

Same here! Got the email 30 minutes ago. Submitted my secondary 7/18 and was verified 6/12

Reactions: 1 users
Sames

Same complete email today.

Did you get one before? I submitted the same day and got a complete email on the 11th

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get one before? I submitted the same day and got a complete email on the 11th
I also got one a few hours after I submitted saying they received my secondary application, but this was in more detail and that my app was ready for review.

Submitted July 13th, just got the complete email today.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but for those applying to the MD/PhD program only, do we answer just the MD/PhD specific question or the MD and the MD/PhD questions?

I haven't received the secondary yet, fyi. Just pre-writing.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but for those applying to the MD/PhD program only, do we answer just the MD/PhD specific question or the MD and the MD/PhD questions?

I haven't received the secondary yet, fyi. Just pre-writing.

you have to do both, sorry pal

How does Emory decide who gets II invites earlier or later in the cycle? (Read on Reddit that they send letters out periodically throughout months of Aug-Dec)

How does Emory decide who gets II invites earlier or later in the cycle? (Read on Reddit that they send letters out periodically throughout months of Aug-Dec)
wait what letters? Like rejection letters?

How long has it taken for you all to receive the secondary after verification? I was verified last week and I still haven't heard from them.

How long has it taken for you all to receive the secondary after verification? I was verified last week and I still haven't heard from them.
I added Emory to my verified AMCAS last Wednesday and I still haven't received the secondary ):

So seeing this just made me realize that I did the same thing, there's like a fence and trees in the back. Advice from others: Is it worth updating them with a new picture? This is such a silly mistake...

So seeing this just made me realize that I did the same thing, there's like a fence and trees in the back. Advice from others: Is it worth updating them with a new picture? This is such a silly mistake...
Nope. It's not a big deal.

So I just got an email from this school (though MedMAR, I’m Hispanic) inviting me to apply, but my MCAT (502) is nowhere near the average, so do they just want my money from a secondary or what?

So I just got an email from this school (though MedMAR, I’m Hispanic) inviting me to apply, but my MCAT (502) is nowhere near the average, so do they just want my money from a secondary or what?
Schools value diversity so they more than likely sent it to an entire listserv of URMs. Your chances didn't go up because you received an e-mail, but if you have a compelling application other than the MCAT and money is not an issue, then you could definitely throw your app into the mix just to see.

Schools value diversity so they more than likely sent it to an entire listserv of URMs. Your chances didn't go up because you received an e-mail, but if you have a compelling application other than the MCAT and money is not an issue, then you could definitely throw your app into the mix just to see.
Ok, I have a pretty strong application otherwise, double major, good GPA, shadowing, volunteer, etc. so I guess I’ll apply and see what happens

Do you think it's too late to submit my app here?
Very interested in the program

Not too late. Just fill out the secondary ASAP. II's will begin going out soon. They interviewed up to February last year.
Received the secondary this morning. Going to try and finish it this weekend

Hello,

I just looked at my "references" status on the secondary app portal, and I have noticed some differences in the dates. Has anyone else noticed a change in the "received" dates for their references? Also what does AD mean, and why are there now two received dates for the same committee letter from the same person? Thank you for the help! Best wishes to everyone applying :)

My references status went from this:
Ms. X Y (Committee): Received on 7/18/18 at 10:00 A.M.

To this:
Ms. X Y (Committee): Received on 8/16/18 at 10:00 A.M.
Ms. X Y (AD): Received on 8/22/18 at 11:00 AM

If it helps clarify anything, I have not submitted any additional letters since my initial submission of my AMCAS in June.

I remember seeing AD for my committee letter at other schools, so I'm assuming it's just that. I checked my portal and saw the same thing, albeit with other dates. They either redownloaded the letters from AMCAS or it could be a sign that your app is actively under review.

Quick question for those applying to the MD/PhD program: For the prompt that asks you to list 3 Emory faculty and describe how their research relates to your interests, is it safe to also mention Georgia Tech professors as well?

Quick question for those applying to the MD/PhD program: For the prompt that asks you to list 3 Emory faculty and describe how their research relates to your interests, is it safe to also mention Georgia Tech professors as well?
I listed 3 GATech profs lol so I hope it’s fine. The MSTP website has a list of faculty that is open to mentoring MSTP students. It’s a short list compared to all the profs at GATech but they’re the ones that collaborate with clinical researchers

OOS, LM 69ish, Complete 7/18.

For anybody else who happens to receive an interview, do you think it’s possible to ask for another date? The date they gave me would entail me missing an entire week of school.

For anybody else who happens to receive an interview, do you think it’s possible to ask for another date? The date they gave me would entail me missing an entire week of school.

I'd say go for it, just because I don't think someone else getting another interview would know any better than their admissions office would. Just give them a call, they already offered you an II.

For anyone out there who received an II and is looking into student hosting - is it just me, or does the link they gave us on the application portal not work?

For anyone out there who received an II and is looking into student hosting - is it just me, or does the link they gave us on the application portal not work?
christ! 11 II?! we've got similar stats whats your secret!

Emory still sending II right?

How have you gotten IIs for more than half the schools you applied to????

It can't hurt to ask. For a different school, I was able to reschedule. I don't see why they wouldn't let you reschedule. They know us premeds are busy