2018-2019 Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary on July 23rd and got the Application Materials email but did not see the demographic profile link until tonight. :eek: I filled it out and submitted it a little while ago but will this hurt my application? I’m a little terrified that I just severely lowered my chances of being accepted here because my application was not complete when I thought it would be. Can anyone offer any much needed reassurance?

IS 4.0/519

Just turn it in. I doubt you're going to get rejected here. Plus I think they don't even interview till way later.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary on July 23rd and got the Application Materials email but did not see the demographic profile link until tonight. :eek: I filled it out and submitted it a little while ago but will this hurt my application? I’m a little terrified that I just severely lowered my chances of being accepted here because my application was not complete when I thought it would be. Can anyone offer any much needed reassurance?

IS 4.0/519

Some early decision interviews went out last week but not yet for the regular applicants so I think you're good, especially with your stats.

Will it affect me that I waited so long to turn it in? I couldn’t find a due date for it anywhere.

Deadline is not until December - I think you will be just fine! You have great stats and are in-state, I wouldn't worry.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if MUSC is receptive to ITA requests? I have an interview at Columbia (I'm in state, but don't live nearby) but haven't gotten an interview request from Greenville or MUSC but would love to interview at all three in one trip rather than fly down to SC three times this cycle. Thoughts?

Could anyone shed light on how long it took to receive the secondary? I am IS

Could anyone shed light on how long it took to receive the secondary? I am IS

My primary app was verified on 7/31, and MUSC received it and sent me a secondary on 8/7. IS.

Any EDs with an interview invite receive times and other specifics yet? I have mine Friday but I haven't heard anything else (getting unnecessarily nervous)

Any EDs with an interview invite receive times and other specifics yet? I have mine Friday but I haven't heard anything else (getting unnecessarily nervous)

Have not heard anything either. Mine is the 14th which is all I know

Did you finally get details regarding your interview? I have not yet

Did you finally get details regarding your interview? I have not yet
Yes! today at 2 pm I got an email with the details. I have interviews this Friday and have to schedule an outside interview with an assigned alumnus

So what kind of confirmation email were we supposed to receive? The last thing I got was the "MUSC Application Materials" email on the 23rd when I submitted my secondary. On the online portal there is a slot that says "Verification" that is empty for me right now. Anyone have an idea as to what that is for? I've also gotten no confirmation on my demographic profile submission. Just hoping that everything is completed but I feel like there's no way to really confirm it.

So what kind of confirmation email were we supposed to receive? The last thing I got was the "MUSC Application Materials" email on the 23rd when I submitted my secondary. On the online portal there is a slot that says "Verification" that is empty for me right now. Anyone have an idea as to what that is for? I've also gotten no confirmation on my demographic profile submission. Just hoping that everything is completed but I feel like there's no way to really confirm it.

I received an email my demographic profile was printed but I don't remember how long it took to get that. My verification slot says "received" but I am not sure what it means. For reference, I had my secondary completed on 7/16.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email that my demographic profile was printed the day after I sent it in. It took about 26 hours. My verification slot says "received" as well

I received an email my demographic profile was printed but I don't remember how long it took to get that. My verification slot says "received" but I am not sure what it means. For reference, I had my secondary completed on 7/16.

Mine says “submitted” on ApplyWeb. If I’m looking at the same thing you are.... I wonder what the difference is.

Yea, I feel the same way. I submitted my secondary on 8/16 and then my demographic profile a few days later. On my portal, the verification slot is empty for me as well. It took about 10 business days for my demographic profile to be confirmed as printed for my file. Hopefully, I get the "received" for the verification part on my portal soon! I was a relatively late applicant though...

On MUSC website under the application progress page it says that they received my national application on July 16th but I have still not gotten anything about a secondary application. I am a re-applicant and I feel like I received a secondary earlier in the cycle last year. Anyone have any thoughts?

On MUSC website under the application progress page it says that they received my national application on July 16th but I have still not gotten anything about a secondary application. I am a re-applicant and I feel like I received a secondary earlier in the cycle last year. Anyone have any thoughts?

They received my national app on July 16 as well and that is the same day I received my secondary. However, you probably won't be getting anything this weekend/early next week since they closed their offices. But once everything is open again I would definitely call if I were you

They received my national app on July 16 as well and that is the same day I received my secondary. However, you probably won't be getting anything this weekend/early next week since they closed their offices. But once everything is open again I would definitely call if I were you
What happened with your interview date if the whole city is shutdown

II at 2 pm today! IS, 4.0 GPA, 519 MCAT, secondary submitted 7/23

Friday Sept 14 interview rescheduled for Saturday the 22nd

Does anyone know what days of the week they run formal interviews? Trying to reschedule mine and was offered a few other Friday dates, but a Saturday would be even better

Does anyone know what days of the week they run formal interviews? Trying to reschedule mine and was offered a few other Friday dates, but a Saturday would be even better

I think its always Fridays judging from past threads. I think mine is on Saturday only because of the storm's cancelation.

Got the call around 4 ED!! Good luck to everyone else the rest of the cycle! Hope to see some of y’all in Charleston next Fall

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted ED. Didn’t get my call until 7:30, so I was stressing but my interviewer wanted to call. Don’t freak out until you actually get a “no”

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all those accepted today, welcome to MUSC!

Anybody else have an interview tomorrow? If so, have you heard anything about common MUSC-specific questions to prepare for?

Anybody else have an interview tomorrow? If so, have you heard anything about common MUSC-specific questions to prepare for?

I had my interview on the 21st. The questions were meant more to initiate a conversation than trip you up. Lots of questions about activities I did, most memorable experience in college, why MUSC, what do you want people to say about you as a physician. Nothing tricky, it was a very relaxed atmosphere

I had my interview on the 21st. The questions were meant more to initiate a conversation than trip you up. Lots of questions about activities I did, most memorable experience in college, why MUSC, what do you want people to say about you as a physician. Nothing tricky, it was a very relaxed atmosphere
Thank you for the response! Do you mind me asking how long each of the two interviews were? I haven’t seen anything online and I’m curious.

A bit delayed but accepted ED! We should start another thread to talk about getting through with the least amount of loan and how people save money in the area!

A bit delayed but accepted ED! We should start another thread to talk about getting through with the least amount of loan and how people save money in the area!

Definitely because already scared of those loans

I'm going to assume, from what I've read, that applying as an OOS applicant with for the most part average stats, that spending the money to apply is a waste of time. Been sitting on the secondary for a while debating submitting it but I don't have ties to SC ... have a friend that attends the school for a different path of study and has raved about the school as a whole...

Received an II today for 10/12! So excited!!

Hi! Long-time lurker here. Any fellow MSTP applicants get an email saying "The Admissions Committee is reviewing your information to determine if you are eligible to be invited for an interview. You will be notified of their decision by email in 2-3 weeks." I'm just nervously waiting and trying to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Hi! Long-time lurker here. Any fellow MSTP applicants get an email saying "The Admissions Committee is reviewing your information to determine if you are eligible to be invited for an interview. You will be notified of their decision by email in 2-3 weeks." I'm just nervously waiting and trying to see if anyone else is in the same boat.
Yeah i have been like this for almost 3 months like this, they never sent anything in 3 weeks