2018-2019 Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was this statement in anyone else's hold email?:
"Many of you are very close to the acceptance index and will most probably be admitted later in the cycle. Others of you may be placed on the alternate list for a position that is vacated by another student in late spring/early summer."

They didn't include this the other years when I was rejected

When I interviewed they said they meet in March to accept a lot of people off of this list.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ll be interviewing Friday as well. Have you received details regarding the interview yet?

For those that are worried, the interviews (or, at least the ones I had,) are very low-pressure. I think they’re looking for you to demonstrate that you’re capable of self-examination, can think on your feet, and have a solid understanding of why you’re there. Charleston is known for being considerate as a rule, and the MUSC ADCOMs are no exception.

Anyway. Good luck, all! Hope to see you in August :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Facebook page is up!!

Edit: If that link doesn't work, you should be able to find it with the search bar: MUSC College of Medicine- Class of 2023

Alumni interview today

Anyone out there have something they wish they had done differently or known beforehand before their own?

Has anybody heard back recently? With early March upon us, I’m really getting anxious. OOS and this is my top choice!

Has anybody heard back recently? With early March upon us, I’m really getting anxious. OOS and this is my top choice!
March 12th they’ll let you know if you’re accepted, March 15th they’ll let you know if you’re rejected or on the waitlist. At least that’s what they said in my interview (feb)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
...well this sucks. Wonder if they called anyone today

Reactions: 3 users
...well this sucks. Wonder if they called anyone today
Ugh, yeah. I could have sworn they said they'd call with acceptances today but maybe they were just making the decisions today?

Last edited:
Ugh, yeah. I could have sworn they said they'd call with acceptances today but maybe they were just making the decisions today?
They did meet Tuesday and they are making the waitlist on Thursday. So I think they did send out acceptances last night. I am expecting a waitlist email on Thursday afternoon/Friday morning.

Yeah I remember them saying they would send out acceptances yesterday but it’s a bit odd that nobody on here got an acceptance call. Maybe they’re a bit busy with match day this Friday? Who knows but hopefully we’ll get waitlisted at this point

I know a bunch of people who interviewed but no one I know got any call. So maybe they only accepted a couple of people or they delayed calling.

The new AAMC rules mean that schools are unable to see what other acceptances their applicants have, so schools have less of an idea of how many of their acceptances will actually turn into matriculants. My guess is that schools are being cautious giving out acceptances because of this. We just have to be patient and keep our spirits up. Everything will work out in the end for all of us, one way or another.

Just got an email, under consideration for the wait list.
They meet to finalize the wait list tomorrow afternoon.

Fingers crossed, hope some of y'all got some good news

Also received an email saying on hold until the alternate committee meets. It says they'll let us know tomorrow afternoon. Also says the 2019 class is finalized so there'll only be waitlist spots from here on out.

Does anyone know how the OOS vs IS waitlists work?

So I guess if you have not gotten an email by now it means you have been rejected?

Just got the 'you're in the wait-list' email.
It says the most movement happens between May 1st and June 15th.
Good luck to everyone else out there

Just got the 'you're in the wait-list' email.
It says the most movement happens between May 1st and June 15th.
Good luck to everyone else out there
Better than an R. Is MUSC your top choice?

I got placed on the waitlist today as well. Anyone email to ask what third they are in?

OOS waitlist email as well. I'm very grateful I'm still in the running but a little bummed to still be in limbo. MUSC is my top choice for sure.

Still haven’t gotten anything yet. Interviewed in December. I’m guessing this might be a rejection?

Waitlist email as well. Anyone know how many are on waitlist?

Does it say if OOS & IS are split?
They do have separate lists per the emails but it's strange, last year on the forum some of the OOS WLs were getting accepted in April and some IS WLs were getting accepted later in May or June. So I don't think the IS vs. OOS separation is as straightforward as you'd think.

MUSC will tell you what third you’re in if you email and ask (although I’m sure most of you know that already). Ms. Wanda emailed me back after 1-2 days!

Looks like people admitted after January have to submit their deposit by this Sunday. Hopefully that means there'll be some waitlist movement that follows!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone having a hard time deciding between MUSC and USCSOM Greenville (or any other medical schools)? I'm torn and would love to hear the thought process of anyone who's made their decision already.

Also hoping for the best for those of you on the waitlist!

Anyone having a hard time deciding between MUSC and USCSOM Greenville (or any other medical schools)? I'm torn and would love to hear the thought process of anyone who's made their decision already.

Also hoping for the best for those of you on the waitlist!
Current student at MUSC who also chose between these 2. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

One of my classmates who was on a waiting list just got in today. In state. So I hope that gives those of you waitlisted some hope!

Anyone know of any other waitlist movement? I'm on the top tier IS. I saw somewhere online that the last day for MUSC to give accepted students back their deposit is May 15th... so I guess I'm wondering if it is more realistic to expect movement around May 15th, rather than the April 30th traffic day?

Anyone know of any other waitlist movement? I'm on the top tier IS. I saw somewhere online that the last day for MUSC to give accepted students back their deposit is May 15th... so I guess I'm wondering if it is more realistic to expect movement around May 15th, rather than the April 30th traffic day?

I think there will be some movement this week. Hope you hear something!

Got the good news this morning! Accepted about 9 am central. IS, top third of the waitlist. Has anyone who has been accepted so far been emailed an academic calendar? The ones online are not particularly detailed. I would love to see it, if anyone is willing to send it along!!

Got the good news this morning! Accepted about 9 am central. IS, top third of the waitlist. Has anyone who has been accepted so far been emailed an academic calendar? The ones online are not particularly detailed. I would love to see it, if anyone is willing to send it along!!
Congratulations!!!!! Are you planning on accepting?